Simucube Direct Drive settings

Hello, Angelheartist. I have been fiddling with my Simucube, Large Mige, SinCos encoder and Assetto Corsa lately, studying the forums at Granity and Assettocorsa.net. Attached are the settings I've come up with so far in my efforts to get Assetto to feel as good as the gold standard for FFB and physics, Automobilista.

First off, I would note that the screenshot showing AC's in-game settings is from the Assetto Corsa Content Manager, which is an outstanding replacement front end for AC. It is very useful for FFB settings because it has on a single page not only the normal in-game settings, but obscure settings which are buried in ini files (like gamma, gyro, dampening settings). The basic version is free, and can be found through Google.

Important to note, too, is that I set up my overall in-game FFB gain at 100 %, then within each car I tune the gain to minimize clipping. I think one gets greater dynamic range this way, as well as some of the desirable clipping on jolts that tame the DD power when it is excessive. I'm still experimenting with SimuCube "Overall Strength" vs in-game gain.

Hope these help, and I would be thrilled if you and others can critique and tune these settings.

Assetto--Content Manager FFB settings.JPG
Assetto--Simucube Settings.JPG

• Deleted member 197115

You will get the same dynamic range with gain 100% and Simucube Overall Strength at 40% as with in game gain at 40% and Overall Strength at 100%, only wouldn't have to worry about clipping with latter. That's the beauty of powerful DD wheel, you can leave plenty of headroom to tolerate any spikes and still avoid clipping.

That is very interesting, Andrew. I'll believe the testing for sure over my variable senses which are affected by trying things in different sessions, onset of fatigue, and that ever-present deceiver--placebo. Thanks for the info.

I´m on a Simucube, small mige and sincos encoder.
I use 50 % ingame FFB (cars are set in between 70 and 80%) gain and 50% in the simucube software (strong enough for me).
Also don´t forget to disable the ingame bumpstop as this can create a nasty effect if enabled. I also enabled the gyro effect.

• Deleted member 197115

And if wonder, it doesn't matter if you set FFB strength via global in game multiplier or at car level. Most efficient is to set global to match average strength and fine tune, if needed, individual cars. Most Kunos cars have normalized gain so you wouldn't need touch car multiplier much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night, I drove some laps with Simucube at full 25amps, then global gain in AC at 40 %, and fine tuned cars while on track with + and - keys. Andrew was spot on---never gets remotely close to clipping with in-game gain set low, and small adjustments in car while on track make it really easy to get nice balance.

I don't understand the system---but I am finding that running some higher gamma (120 % or 1.2) results in nice subtlety to torque changes in corner that is more clear and informative about minute changes in traction and slip. Otherwise, it seems the raw power of the DD wheel just leads to strong, stronger, and strongest torque in corners. With some gamma, the feel is similar to the feel of RealFeel in AMS. I've read others make similar recommendations in the Assetto forum---but there isn't a lot of explanation from Kunos on how or what gamma does. I gather it has a similar effect as the maxsteeringforce entry in AMS/rfactor RealFeel---in that lowering can awaken weaker wheels; what the term gamma suggests, though, is that it skews the linearity of the ffb.

I guess the ultimate goal is achieving immersive feel and communication of car behavior through the wheel, not just about being mathematically correct and linear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back