Resource icon

EA Sports WRC Simple Menu Music Replacer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Mengodriom

Premium
Mengodriom submitted a new resource:

Simple Menu Music Replacer - Replaces 4 menu music songs with menu music from older rally games

Replaces 4 of the menu music songs that I found to be most annoying with the menu music from 4 older rally games.

Behind The Cloud by Duke Boara is replaced by the menu music from WRC 2 Extreme (2002)

Broken (Each Other Remix) by Hot Chip is replaced by the menu music from Dirt Rally 1

Good Times (Elephant Talk Remix) by Jungle is replaced by the menu music from Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0

Save Some Room by Shallou is replaced by the menu music from Mobil 1 Rally Championship (1999)

To use...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks a lot for this mod, great idea for it. I’m just wondering if you’ve come across a fix for the replacement songs not playing the next track? I’ve added some extra songs to my game as well and they all have the same issue.

Thanks a lot for this mod, great idea for it. I’m just wondering if you’ve come across a fix for the replacement songs not playing the next track? I’ve added some extra songs to my game as well and they all have the same issue.
I'm under the impression that it has something to do with the games' catalogue file, which I have no idea how to edit. Really frustrating

Would this mod mean that it is possible to edit codriver notes as well? Would be interesting to creatw notes in different languages not included in game :)
I think it would be, you'd have to modify the sound file the game uses for co-driver calls on each stage of each rally but I don't see why it couldn't work

Is it so that sound files for co driver are per stage and not in a sound bank where it chooses the calls for each stage?
I'm afraid I just don't know enough about it to give a definitive answer, but it seems like it might be that the sounds are in a sound bank and each stage has an individual "call list" that triggers the calls

I asked the OP this question, but figured I should also ask it here, mainly so they get credit for the answer, as it is only fair...

...I just downloaded, and used, your music mod for EA WRC. It's excellent!

As you produced the mod, I wondering if you could help me with how to make a mod of my own? Do you know of a tutorial for editing audio files in a game like this (using UE4)

One of the things I don't like about the game is the poor crowd sounds, I think the muted crowd spoil the atmosphere. While driving next to crowds slowly, I found that it seems the game plays few different crowd noises, one a boring murmur like sound, one more of a cheer. But sometimes when you drive past large crows the game still chooses the boring sound, rather than cheering. It's a strange bit of design.

So my plan was to either make all the crowds sounds cheering (and maybe make the cheering louder) or even try to add new sounds like air horns.

But...I have no idea how to open the audio files for editing and then turn them back in .pak files, or create the folder you originally had for your mod. I have found plenty of tutorials on editing UE4 graphics files, but non for audio.

Sorry to bother you, I realised I'm asking a lot, but you are the only person who has made an audio mod, so I thought you might be a good person to ask!

I asked the OP this question, but figured I should also ask it here, mainly so they get credit for the answer, as it is only fair...

...I just downloaded, and used, your music mod for EA WRC. It's excellent!

As you produced the mod, I wondering if you could help me with how to make a mod of my own? Do you know of a tutorial for editing audio files in a game like this (using UE4)

One of the things I don't like about the game is the poor crowd sounds, I think the muted crowd spoil the atmosphere. While driving next to crowds slowly, I found that it seems the game plays few different crowd noises, one a boring murmur like sound, one more of a cheer. But sometimes when you drive past large crows the game still chooses the boring sound, rather than cheering. It's a strange bit of design.

So my plan was to either make all the crowds sounds cheering (and maybe make the cheering louder) or even try to add new sounds like air horns.

But...I have no idea how to open the audio files for editing and then turn them back in .pak files, or create the folder you originally had for your mod. I have found plenty of tutorials on editing UE4 graphics files, but non for audio.

Sorry to bother you, I realised I'm asking a lot, but you are the only person who has made an audio mod, so I thought you might be a good person to ask!
Thanks I'm glad you like it :). I made this a while ago and I've mostly forgotten how I did it specifically, but I do remember that I used Wwise to process the sound files I wanted to change. I found which songs I wanted to replace with Fmodel and then used Wwise to take my .ogg files and process them. After that it was just a case of creating the correct folder hierarchy for the mod and making sure that my new sound files were named the same as the files I wanted to replace

Thanks I'm glad you like it :). I made this a while ago and I've mostly forgotten how I did it specifically, but I do remember that I used Wwise to process the sound files I wanted to change. I found which songs I wanted to replace with Fmodel and then used Wwise to take my .ogg files and process them. After that it was just a case of creating the correct folder hierarchy for the mod and making sure that my new sound files were named the same as the files I wanted to replace
It would be nice if you would **or someone else** could make a video tutorial on how change the music, I think the mod itself is awesome, I just want to replace some other soundtracks with some music I really like :) **for example, Chase & Status - Step away**

It would be nice if you would **or someone else** could make a video tutorial on how change the music, I think the mod itself is awesome, I just want to replace some other soundtracks with some music I really like :) **for example, Chase & Status - Step away**
I'm afraid I don't really know enough about it to make a good tutorial. I don't even really remember how I did it, other than it required a lot of trial and error

You know what it would be nice? Change the car sound from the outside view to onboard view. The engine and others car sounds ar really nice when the view is from capot or 3th person. It would be nice to have the same sound from the cockpit view.

Hey there! Is there any way to change the songs in your file/mod? I'd love to just drop DR 2.0's tracks into EA WRC if possible. Unfortunately I have limited experience so wouldn't know where to start

Hey there! Is there any way to change the songs in your file/mod? I'd love to just drop DR 2.0's tracks into EA WRC if possible. Unfortunately I have limited experience so wouldn't know where to start
Yes you can change any song in my mod or the base game too. You need to name the files you want to add as the same name as the song you want to replace, make sure it's in .ogg format, and then process the audio with Wwise

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.