SimLab P1-X Chassis Announcement

P1-X-slider-pic.jpg

We’re happy to announce the P1-X sim racing chassis. After the success of the P1 we are introducing the new version of the rig, with some small but needed updates. Full info to be released soon.

Planned release date is in the first half of June.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks, included e stop wasn't that good, I am afraid, comparing to what I got in my OSW build from Joe Sullivan, so I just rewired it. Screw holes are much smaller, but I'll check t nut option. Just surprised Richard removed that plate from the store.
Thanks again for the tip.

Upvote 0
Thanks, included e stop wasn't that good, I am afraid, comparing to what I got in my OSW build from Joe Sullivan, so I just rewired it. Screw holes are much smaller, but I'll check t nut option. Just surprised Richard removed that plate from the store.
Thanks again for the tip.

Emergency stop buttons are super cheap. The one that is included looks like something I could pick up for about $5 including enclosure. You can get a very nice metal e-Stop button for about $10 and enclosure for another $5, so they aren't that big a deal.

Upvote 0
These things are really pretty cheap.

If you want to upgrade to something metal that looks more upscale.
Here is a metal button and aluminum enclosure.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks again, yeah the aluminum is what I get from my OSW and use with SC2. Surprised GD cheaps out on small things like e-stop and usb cable.
But as you said, not a big deal to lose sleep over, wheelbase is well worth it.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Velcro. Inside of the wheel deck upright.
After thinking it over, seems like Anton's solution would be the most practical as let use the knee to engage the stop, yet easy to reach to disengage by hand.
If not t-nuts, some industrial strength velcro or double sided tape should be more than enough.
Just need to think if left or right upright is better.

While on P1X subject, any ideas on simple dead pedal solution and if parts for that can be ordered from sim-lab.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Does anyone who has recently received a P1-X know if there were changes to the seat support/seat area length? Everywhere I've seen including the review above by Barry show 580mm for those two seat supports, making for a 500mm gap front to back between the rear and the middle horizontal supports. However I am just putting mine together I received last week (and Sim-Lab was great to deal with as always!) but I notice the two 40x40 profiles which appear to be for the seat supports are 500mm long. These two were in the main box and shrink wrapped w/ the extrusions as shown which I believe are for the shifter/horizontal support bar. The 500mm I've temp placed for seat supports are the longest 40x40 sections included. Did this change or was I "cut short"? (pardon the bad dad pun, I'll show myself out..) I think I can make 500 work for my GS-5 seat or I have some spare 4040 I could cut longer if need be but I'd prefer to verify if this is unusual or a change I had not read about yet? I've just reached out to Sim-Lab to ask too of course...

Attachments

• IMG_5626.jpg
    IMG_5626.jpg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
How do you level the rig using the leveling feet of P1-X?

Is there any clever way to do it when rig sits on the feet or do they have to be pre-adjusted prior to mounting which basically makes it a useless system?

Upvote 0
How do you level the rig using the leveling feet of P1-X?

Is there any clever way to do it when rig sits on the feet or do they have to be pre-adjusted prior to mounting which basically makes it a useless system?

You can adjust them at any time by just turning the big nuts above and below each plate, Barry goes over it in this video:

Upvote 0
Does anyone who has recently received a P1-X know if there were changes to the seat support/seat area length? Everywhere I've seen including the review above by Barry show 580mm for those two seat supports, making for a 500mm gap front to back between the rear and the middle horizontal supports. However I am just putting mine together I received last week (and Sim-Lab was great to deal with as always!) but I notice the two 40x40 profiles which appear to be for the seat supports are 500mm long. These two were in the main box and shrink wrapped w/ the extrusions as shown which I believe are for the shifter/horizontal support bar. The 500mm I've temp placed for seat supports are the longest 40x40 sections included. Did this change or was I "cut short"? (pardon the bad dad pun, I'll show myself out..) I think I can make 500 work for my GS-5 seat or I have some spare 4040 I could cut longer if need be but I'd prefer to verify if this is unusual or a change I had not read about yet? I've just reached out to Sim-Lab to ask too of course...
They should be 580mm and one 500mm for the side mount, with the original P1 you also got another two for the pedal mount with the only distinguishing factor being they were threaded on the ends.

Looking on the website there doesn’t seem to be a change, definitely send them an email and see if it’s changed.

Upvote 0
Yeah I got a 320mm(40x40) for the side mount support, a 580mm 40x80 for the side mount, and two of these 500mm which appear to be the only thing that would work for seat supports but too short. Also two short 200mm 40x40, are those for shifter mounts on the side mount? Are there new P1-X instructions yet? Anyway thanks for the quick reply

Upvote 0
Yeah I got a 320mm(40x40) for the side mount support, a 580mm 40x80 for the side mount, and two of these 500mm which appear to be the only thing that would work for seat supports but too short. Also two short 200mm 40x40, are those for shifter mounts on the side mount?

My P1-X was delivered Christmas eve and I'm just getting round to examining what I've got in the packages today. And yes, I have exactly the same, with the two longest 40x40 pieces being 500mm. The specification page of the P1-X does not say how long these pieces should be, so will be interested to see what they have to say about that. It does say however that they include two extra pieces of profile for additional mounting and configuration options, so I guess that's what the two 200mm 40x40 pieces are.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

What is the best source for detailed P1X assembly instruction.
SRG had pretty good video on P1 and later on P1X kit installation. Is that it?

Upvote 0
Pretty much, it’s very simple once you get hands on. All you really need to know is if you forget to put the slot nuts in don’t panic and reassemble. The slot nuts sim-lab use don’t need to be slid on from the end you can just push them in anytime which is very handy.

Upvote 0
Yes, the SRG videos are the best (per usual). But otherwise it’s basically self-explanatory even though it may look daunting. The only negative I can think of is that the hardware is all thrown in a bag so it takes some sorting at first, but the upside to that is that Sim-Lab includes A LOT of extra nuts and bolts. Like probably $75USD or more of additional roll-in T nuts etc...

Upvote 0
I may be missing the sandwich plate 40x40 that connects the side mount support to the base also, can't find it anywhere, checked all the paper in the packaging. I sorted it for now with a spare corner bracket (glad I ordered an extras, they also helped with the shorter 500mm seat supports.) I decided to mount the shorter seat supports 40mm lower, so interior to the base in the first channel with 8 corner brackets, at least for now, given my apart from the norm plans for mounting my seat. Taking pics along the way, and I will be starting my own build thread soon detailing my plans for mods to the P1-X, GS-5 seat with multi-channel tactile modded into the seat, etc..

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back