Simhub Shakeit - Tactile Effects / Multilayer RPM

Misc Simhub Shakeit - Tactile Effects / Multilayer RPM 07/03/21

Login or Register an account to download this content

Mr Latte

Premium
Mr Latte submitted a new resource:

Simhub Shakeit - Tactile RPM Tests - Shared experimentation for more advanced RPM immersion

Hi everyone,

Here we have 3 samples of different feeling RPM sensations for Simhub Shakeit tactile owners. This is intended for Assetto Corsa Competizione but may work okay with a similar car in Assetto Corsa.

Do keep in mind however that certain effect layers are mapped to produce tactile sensations to the gearchange RPM of this car, so may not sync with other cars.

Feedback is welcomed, if you enjoy these...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Transducers I Self-Tested With These 3 Engine Effects

Earthquake Sound MQB1
Earthquake Sound Q10B

TST429 Platinum Transducer
TST329 Gold Transducer

Buttkicker Gamer2
Buttkicker Concert
Buttkicker LFE

Each unit had noticeable key differences in the felt sensations and requiring different gain levels for some of the layers. Certain frequencies are much better represented on some units than others.

Something I did find was possible on the above units at least, was discovering a balance on each that still produced a reasonably enjoyable sensation.

What Is Yours?
It might be interesting to see what settings for different units people own themselves, what they like to use. So feel free to share if you want any comments, preferences or issues.

Important Note / Tactile Exciters
I have not tried these effects on exciter units, my advice to anyone doing so because these contain some very low frequencies. I recommend you keep "exciters on their own soundcard" and apply a "High Pass Filter" via Simhubs crossover feature (Soundcard Output Tuning). 25Hz / 30Hz may be a good range to use to help protect their lifespan by not torturing them with constant, really low frequencies. RPM effects can be very demanding on units.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back