Sim Traxx Pacific Raceways for AC

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
A favourite of mine since GPL days, I see there is a version available on Sim Traxx, has anyone dealt with them and are they legal. The pics look impressive and I know it's only 15 euros so I'm just really looking for advice.

I was really hoping someone from our community had dealt with them and could share their impression, which considering it's size seemed like a good idea.
It's not unknown to come across sites that are ripping off modders work and passing it off as their own.

I think the (mostly) do their own work but they're kinda known for not getting around to finishing some of their work.

Personally I wouldn't touch their tracks with a ten foot barge pole, but plenty of folks "donate" for their dozens of unfinished tracks on the back of their finished products being free.
PS. They've only ever released one finished product in 4 years.

Wow, thanks. I will see if how far on they are with it. Maybe just stick to my versions in other games.
have you seen this? Not listed for some reason

doesn't look too bad (trees are weird in places)...but going by experience this may never be updated. Simtraxx likes to start new projects all the time... and they try recruiting modders left and right to "finalise", with mixed results..

Sim Traxx business model is simple: over promise under deliver. For a annual or semi annual fee you get access to eternal WIP and a sporadic news letter. They have added a new twist, promise to finish some of their unfinished WIP in lidar laser scan by 2020.
They are smooth.

I'm a fan of several tracks from SIM TRAXX...Several of them need a lot of work, but there are at least a couple that would be fine to be called a finished 1.0 track, in my opinion. Would they be the quality of a Lilski track? Or a Fat-Alfie track? No. Then again, how many are? If I skim through the Track section here on RD I am positive that I am going to come across many tracks that are praised with 5 star reviews and yet no better than the tracks from SIM TRAXX I agree that they've been shooting themselves in the foot this year by skipping updates on some months and adding yet another track or two. They should be focusing on 2-3 tracks and that's it. I didn't mind supporting them because I've had an enormous amount of fun on a few of their tracks, especially Transfargensen. Will I support them again? No.

There is another track of theirs, I can't remember the name and it's driving me crazy...It's set in a woody, sort of sandy area with nice twists and turns and quick elevation changes. Anyway, I wish them luck in 2018. I hope they turn things around and get some roads "finished" considering they promise v1.0's will be free.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back