Sim Racing with a physical handycap

Daniel R.

Premium
Hello dear Sim Racers and those who want to have a go on it,

first of all i´m not a person with physical restrictions.

I´m just a normal guy that loves simracing as much as maybe everybody that reads this right now.
It´s my favorite hobby by far and something that gives me huge pleasure everytime i´m in the (virtual) car.

What came to my mind some days ago was the question how people, that, f.e., can´t move there legs, use as hardware for simracing?

Are there any people here that have a disability that forces them to do sim racing with different technical solutions or maybe even aren´t able to do sim racing at all, since there is no appropiate hardware available for them or the hardware is just to expensive?

To be honest, i would found it challenging (from a mechanical side of view) and very exciting to create a hardware solution that enables people to do sim racing with physical restrictions.
There is so much cool technology available to really push the boundarys a bit there!

So what do you think about it?
What are your needs?

Cheers Daniel

The reason I use my left foot is because I don't have a right foot anymore.

I have my right ankle and heel and a prosthetic foot "shoe". I can't feel the pedals under my right foot, so I use my left foot as if it were my right foot. Clutch pedal is now throttle and the brake pedal is still the brake pedal.

And, I use a Thrustmaster set... forget the model, it's a nice set.

I've decided to continue to try to overcome this "disability". After all, the F3 Fanatics is the longest, continuously run, server on rF2. I can't let a little thing like this get me down. ; )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back