Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

Sim Racing Machines Fanatec F1 Carbon Rim gear shifting problem in Rfactor 2

Hi to you all. I don't know if this has been covered before so sorry for that. I have a Sim Racing Machines Fanatec F1 Carbon Rim with Asher Racing Shifters and have had no problems with it, until i just recently, i downloaded Rfactor 2. I have now noticed while driving it seem to be slipping gears either up or downshifting. If for example i am in 4th gear and shift down it will all of a sudden go into 2nd meaning sometimes a blown gearbox. Same as upshifting it will sometimes miss a gear out, example 3rd to 5th. It seems to do this at random. I dont know whats causing this issue and am wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the same rim as me. I have tried in AC, ACC and other sims but it's completely normal in other race sims, so i am at a loss as to what's causing this issue. Can anyone shed any light. As mentioned, its only happening in Rfactor 2

In the player.Json file, there is a series of lines to specify the delay before the game registers another input:

"Repeat Shifts":0,
"Repeat Shifts#":"0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

Change the 0 in the" Repeat Shifts" line to a number 1-5.

That should fix your problem.