Sim racing after a heavy workout

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SunBro, Mar 26, 2018.

1. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +220
    Hello all, this is a question that's been on the back of my head for a long time.

Now i know the racing we do with our logitech, thrustmaster and fanatecs are not exactly hard on the muscles, but still, does it hurt our potential gains to drive vigorously after a heavy workout? a workout so heavy that you can hardly lift your arms to shampoo your hair afterwards.

This is not a brag thread. I'm legit feeling guilty for driving after a very nice workout. Afraid of hurting the progress. Awaiting thoughts of fellow gym rats.

Edit:uuuuh, can a mod change my thread title to: "sim driving after a heavy workout" Please?

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +161
    I dont think it has any effect whatsoever. I train like you, but it has never affected my driving as the forces in my wheel are non-existant really. Could be that my FFB is dead in my wheel, but I never used it anyway...

3. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +220
    Yeah i've specifically been racing with h shifter after the workouts for the past month or two and i've not seen any setback in my progress. I know most people drive home after the workouts but that's just regular slow traffic. I was afraid sim-racing would hurt my progress but nah, i doesn't do sh*t :D