Sim racing after a heavy workout

Hello all, this is a question that's been on the back of my head for a long time.

Now i know the racing we do with our logitech, thrustmaster and fanatecs are not exactly hard on the muscles, but still, does it hurt our potential gains to drive vigorously after a heavy workout? a workout so heavy that you can hardly lift your arms to shampoo your hair afterwards.

This is not a brag thread. I'm legit feeling guilty for driving after a very nice workout. Afraid of hurting the progress. Awaiting thoughts of fellow gym rats.

Edit:uuuuh, can a mod change my thread title to: "sim driving after a heavy workout" Please?

I dont think it has any effect whatsoever. I train like you, but it has never affected my driving as the forces in my wheel are non-existant really. Could be that my FFB is dead in my wheel, but I never used it anyway...

I dont think it has any effect whatsoever. I train like you, but it has never affected my driving as the forces in my wheel are non-existant really. Could be that my FFB is dead in my wheel, but I never used it anyway...
Yeah i've specifically been racing with h shifter after the workouts for the past month or two and i've not seen any setback in my progress. I know most people drive home after the workouts but that's just regular slow traffic. I was afraid sim-racing would hurt my progress but nah, i doesn't do sh*t :D

It doesn't really affect your training in any way. Yes, you tense your arm muscles when you drive a car, but you feel tense, just because your body is out of shape. In this, it is not enough to be able to drive a car fast, you need to be strong and resilient. The training is significantly different from the training of many other athletes - athletes, on the one hand, need to have strong muscles, on the other, to remain light and enduring. To do this, you need to train in the gym or, if you want faster, takes peptides or nutritional supplements. Treat your driving as a test to see if your workout has been hard enough and in shape.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

ffb on wheel shall not be too strong as real cars have power sterring, if yo have it set up correctly car shall drive itself, it shall drive forward even if yo turn it shall follow where yo turning without yo making big effort to turn it into corner

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back