Sim racing after a heavy workout

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SunBro, Mar 26, 2018.

1. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Hello all, this is a question that's been on the back of my head for a long time.

Now i know the racing we do with our logitech, thrustmaster and fanatecs are not exactly hard on the muscles, but still, does it hurt our potential gains to drive vigorously after a heavy workout? a workout so heavy that you can hardly lift your arms to shampoo your hair afterwards.

This is not a brag thread. I'm legit feeling guilty for driving after a very nice workout. Afraid of hurting the progress. Awaiting thoughts of fellow gym rats.

Edit:uuuuh, can a mod change my thread title to: "sim driving after a heavy workout" Please?

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    I dont think it has any effect whatsoever. I train like you, but it has never affected my driving as the forces in my wheel are non-existant really. Could be that my FFB is dead in my wheel, but I never used it anyway...

3. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Yeah i've specifically been racing with h shifter after the workouts for the past month or two and i've not seen any setback in my progress. I know most people drive home after the workouts but that's just regular slow traffic. I was afraid sim-racing would hurt my progress but nah, i doesn't do sh*t :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.