Resource icon

Misc Sim Hub Overlay (Track map replacement) - DX11 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shawn Jacobs submitted a new resource:

Sim Hub Overlay (Track map replacement) - DX11 - HUD Overlay for RF2, displays tyres, fuel, delta, leaderboard, track map, weather etc.

Hi All

Over the past few months I've been working on developing an overlay to replace track map since the move to dx11.

After trying numerous different programs/apps, I stumbled across sim hub, this program blows all other huds I've used out of the water.

I'm pretty happy with the overlay I have got together now so I've decided its time to share.

View attachment 219578

What you will need:
Sim Hub -...

Read more about this resource...

Very nice done, thanks very much.
My problem is, that if i use windowed mode, i lose nearly 40 fps compared to the fullscreen mode. So my question would be... is it possible to use it (in any way) in fullscreen mode?

Nevertheless, thanks for sharing it with us!! All important information on one screen ;)

Very nice done, thanks very much.
My problem is, that if i use windowed mode, i lose nearly 40 fps compared to the fullscreen mode. So my question would be... is it possible to use it (in any way) in fullscreen mode?

Nevertheless, thanks for sharing it with us!! All important information on one screen ;)
Not at the moment unfortunately as it has to sit on top of the screen, so full screen will just force rf2 to be on-top.

Do you have any problems maintaining the 60fps with vsync on?

No, i am running with quite high fps (80 - 105), BUT it's stuttering quite a lot with S397 GT3 Pack (i tested the mod track Interlagos GP 1.2 (optimized for dx11)).
I tried in fullscreen mode, there were no stutters and the frames were roundabout 30-50 fps higher with same ingame settings.

Do you have any problems maintaining the 60fps with vsync on?

How can I resize? If I try i cut the layers. Maybe with autoscale? It doesn't work with some layer.
Unfortunely it doesn't exist a tutorial for SimHub. I'm destroying my wall with my head to create a delta "IRacing style".

Last edited:
How can I resize? If I try i cut the layers. Maybe with autoscale? It doesn't work with some layer.
Unfortunely it doesn't exist a tutorial for SimHub. I'm destroying my wall with my head to create a delta "IRacing style".
Is it my existing widgets you are having trouble resizing or one you are making? Cheers.

Can you explain how the lights on start up go from red to green, they are not working. It would be very useful because when we are under the lights at start up, we can not see, Thanks.

Can you explain how the lights on start up go from red to green, they are not working. It would be very useful because when we are under the lights at start up, we can not see, Thanks.
Yeah they're a bit funny, finesse had developed a better widget

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-hud-simhub.143385/

That I need to get around to adding to this one

I've had reports however (with the start lights in general) that they do sometimes lag a little regardless.

In other news I will release an update soon, Wotever has added some more data in the latest simhub patch so I'm looking forward to getting in and seeing what's available.

My problems with stuttering in windowed mode had been solved by updating the NVIDIA Drivers to the newest available version. Thanks again for your patience with me Shawn!

I found you have to run 2-3 laps or so and then the map will show up. After, in other sessions it shows up instantly.

I have a question. How do I get the SimHub overlay to display in OBS/OBS Studio for streaming or recording? I'd like to buy a SimHub license but only if I can't use it on my stream to relay more race info for those watching.

Edit:
I've discovered running the overlay option is a resource hog, it doesn't work with OBS, and reduces my fps from 110+ to 58 if I use monitor capture vs game capture. With some help from a friend I tried transferring the widgets to the dashboard side but now they show opaque and block out much of the screen. I also have to go in and refresh each component in OBS to get them to appear each time I want to stream. Sorry I don't want to spend much of my practice session setting up overlays. I'm not a programmer but I don't know why everything could be running within one window? It's a shame, I really like what you have but it's not practical for what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back