Sim Experience DOF2 Actuator Issues

I have the above and tonight my chair completely tipped to the side. The rear left hand actuator piston has come off. I’ve stripped it down and there doesn’t seem to be any broken parts or jagged edges and it looks like the aluminium piston arm was pressed into the copper piston sleeve. Anyone have any advice on how to fix it or where I can buy an new actuator that would work with the seat mover please? I’ve contacted Sim Experience, but as it’s an American company and the Weekend so I’m not expecting anything soon:(.

Ive attached a couple of photos and also wondered if using a specific metal glue could work?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
I have the above and tonight my chair completely tipped to the side. The rear left hand actuator piston has come off. I’ve stripped it down and there doesn’t seem to be any broken parts or jagged edges and it looks like the aluminium piston arm was pressed into the copper piston sleeve. Anyone have any advice on how to fix it or where I can buy an new actuator that would work with the seat mover please? I’ve contacted Sim Experience, but as it’s an American company and the Weekend so I’m not expecting anything soon:(.

Ive attached a couple of photos and also wondered if using a specific metal glue could work?View attachment 418403
Loctite bearing fit or high strength retainer such as 638. Put a thin smear on both sides and put together.
Make sure everything is clean and oil free before hand.

Upvote 0
Thanks, yes I used a strong epoxy metal glue and it holds pretty well. Unfortunately Simcommander won’t recognise the actuator anymore so still knackered:(. Going to try and find out how to replace it, but not not too sure on how to contact Sim experience, I’ve previously sent an E mail but had no reply. Any ideas where I could look to purchase the same actuator in the UK?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately a replacement actuator from Sim Experience is $525 + shipping:(. Looks like I’ll be waiting until a bit of rocking horse poo becomes available and I spot a used one for sale in Europe.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any info on where I could send my broken actuator for repair in the UK? Don’t really want to have to send it back to USA to be possibly told it’s knackered and then have to buy a new one, presently I’m still able to use my rig, but not once the actuator is removed.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back