Sim Coaching Discount | Driver61 Sim Pure Pace Masterclass

All right. Yeah. I think we all agree it can be helpful. We are all in different shoes (how much we invested in time and money, what is our financial situation, how much time we have nowadays, etc.) thus for some it crosses the line and cannot justify it even on a hypothetical level. I am happy for those are able to take advantage of it and I wish them a great experience.

Last edited:
I nowhere said, you shouldn't. (EDIT: but yes, maybe the individual way is faster, i never said otherwise)

The CrimsonCringe user doesn't want to push the Ricoow User to anything. Sounds pretty passive agressive now, i think, we should end this discussion. We shared "opinions" and now it leads into accusations... :O_o:
I didn't mean to come across as accusation at all. That up front. It just feels like you are so heavily opposed to the need of driver coaching that you try to discourage people.

It just feels like you are so heavily opposed to the need of driver coaching that you try to discourage people.
This is heavily opposed?:
After all, whatever floats your boat i guess, i can see points on both sides...
and i don't think, it's a scam to offer driving coaching for simulations
This is a pro-point, indeed.
Sometimes there are situations, someone just can't get a clue of what is done wrong.
but again: whatever float your boats guys, maybe some of the simracers can benefit of it^^
I think, you are misunderstanding something here...or just not reading the thread.

I even recommend checking out the Driver61 channel so hard, that it could be counting as advertisement, mate...:roflmao:

Last edited:
Useless discussion, this guy from Driver61 just want to teach others to play a game better, he saw the possibility to get some money, he is smart. There are people with a lot of money in this niche, many of them could buy a real car with all invested in hardware. So go for them, it's worth it, good luck.

Last edited:
I recently watched a Reddit post about a "Sim Racing Coach" wow, it was super embarrasing, I cringed numerous times on his behalf.
I have zero issue with people spending their hard earned money on whatever they want though, as long as they find a competent coach and someone that manages their expectations and doesn't sell them the dream of being the next Schumacher (online version)

I will definitely be signing up for this. I’m one of those people who put many hours into sim racing, only to have a buddy come over who is a very causal sim racer (doesn’t have his own setup - uses mine on occasion), and matches my lap times. He also smokes me consistently when we go indoor karting. He’s got some natural talent that I don’t - I’d love some coaching from a pro.

I also find it funny when people say that doing such-and-such is taking the hobby too far. There are people playing Forza with a controller right now thinking the dude with a Logitech wheel is taking it “too far”. The guy with the Logitech wheel might think the guy buying a PSE wheel is taking it too far. It’s all relative.

@Austin Ogonoski why don't you set up your own coaching classes? Serious question here.

You have a lot of experience across multiple simracing games, your pace speaks for itself so you have definitely a lot to offer. Create a programme costing half the one mentioned in the OP and with the market demand there seems to be, you'll be laughing :) plus: earning money by teaching something you're good at and enjoy to people that want to learn, it's hard to beat in terms of fulfillment - but that's just my opinion :)

Last edited:
Coaching and doing are two completely separate identities, not saying he is not the best coach in the world, just saying how fast you drive is certainly not the deciding factor in how good of a coach you are. :)

@Austin Ogonoski why don't you set up your own coaching classes? Serious question here.

You have a lot of experience across multiple simracing games, your pace speaks for itself so you have definitely a lot to offer. Create a programme costing half the one mentioned in the OP and with the market demand there seems to be, you'll be laughing :) plus: earning money by teaching something you're good at and enjoy to people that want to learn, it's hard to beat in terms of fulfillment - but that's just my opinion :)

not a class, but I have 'Black Flag' coauthored by Mr. Ogonoski. Great start, it helped. But I will try this course. Just want to see if I can get quicker faster, and maybe eradicate some wrong habits. Division 8 here I come :p

Cheers

I will definitely be signing up for this. I’m one of those people who put many hours into sim racing, only to have a buddy come over who is a very causal sim racer (doesn’t have his own setup - uses mine on occasion), and matches my lap times. He also smokes me consistently when we go indoor karting. He’s got some natural talent that I don’t - I’d love some coaching from a pro.

I also find it funny when people say that doing such-and-such is taking the hobby too far. There are people playing Forza with a controller right now thinking the dude with a Logitech wheel is taking it “too far”. The guy with the Logitech wheel might think the guy buying a PSE wheel is taking it too far. It’s all relative.
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite. I think that everybody that has a Direct Drive rig is going way too far! ;)

That's a really good question. I don't do it because I feel like I'd be scamming people and that's wrong.

Maximize every inch of the track on both corner entry and corner exit, to the point where you're using every last pixel until the game penalizes you. If that means 49.999% of the car is over the white lines, go for it. Brake as late as you can until you scare yourself or the rear end wants to come around. Accelerate as early as mathematically possible, just be sure to center the steering wheel inversely proportionate to how much throttle you're applying. Once you've confident with sending the car in so hard the rear end steps out and you can steer through it, use this to your advantage in tighter turns so the car has better rotation.

That's the same advice I'd give to absolutely everybody. It seems morally wrong to charge people for it and act like racing is a lot more complicated than it actually is. Keep turning laps following the above advice. The more laps you turn, the faster you'll get.

Fundamentally I have no issue with paid coaching. If the person paying feels they are getting a benefit equal to the cost of the coaching then that's all that matters. I've paid real money for golf coaching and snowboard coaching in the past, both times I have improved so so see no reason why individual sim racing coaching would be any different. Coaching isn't about telling someone what the perfect technique is, because not everyone can be perfect. It's about working with an individual's personal weaknesses and addressing those first. Would I sign up for sim racing coaching? No. Because to me it's just a pastime that I spend a few hours a week doing. I'm ok with being a mid pack racer.

Driving fast and being able to coach someone else into driving fast are two very different things. It's not limited to racing, this same phenomenon exists across many different fields. Take a look at any given sports Hall of Fame and look for the guys who are in there as coaches AND players. They're out there, but they're few and far between. Look at how many NFL coaches look like they'd need a paramedic on call with a defibrillator before attempting a flight of stairs, yet manage to get those under their charge performing feats of athleticism that most of us couldn't pull off even in our dreams.

I think the vast majority of us could give rookies some helpful tips and tricks. Your apex is too late here, too much wheelspin there, way too conservative on the brakes over here, etc. But it's the 80/20 thing, I think. Meaning, you can get that rookie 80% of the way there with no-brainer advice using nothing more than your eyes and experience. That's great, but now you need to get them the remaining 20% and things are going to get trickier. There will be stuff like a corner where you brake just after the 100 marker but your rookie friend brakes just before the marker and still struggles making the apex. Same car, same setup, same conditions, etc. You may well be able to coach them into closing the gap, but it's going to get progressively trickier to both identify what's wrong and communicate how to fix it. It might even require telemetry analysis to get this person to understand what you yourself are doing instinctively. It's at that point where someone with teaching skills (and the patience to apply them) is going to start differentiating themselves.

A lot of very quick drivers, even if they are capable of understanding/explaining what they are that makes them fast, find the process mind numbingly frustrating. Also, a lot of them aren't particularly interested in creating more fast drivers as a matter of principle. That's why the people who can and are willing to do it are often able to parlay it into a paying gig.

You all took the bait from someone accusing somebody else to scam people out of their money with an unnecessary (according to him) coaching session, whereas he himself works as a consultant for somebody else that also scams people out of their money, by promising them the moon and then selling them swiss cheese shaped like a ball. Just ignore and move on, that's how these attention seeking people stop being relevant.

To the elephant in the room comment : I do see your point but only to the point of where you as an individual may be coming from . Now when i look at it from my pioint of view a whole other realization comes aout . That realization is that yuo yourself were able to undergo a form of practical training at a young age with older examples of individuals on track , as you said with your fathers account. Not sure you realized it m8 but you have been coached how to drive since you were 13 - 14 , again as you said. Just because you kept your thoughts and manners to yourself and had no form of verbal communication , you still were in the presence of would be coaches showing you the ropes.
Same thing in essence and result . Differant way of going about it .Cheers

I also dont think anyone expects to see some sort of foreclosed information on how each driver got to where they are prior to a race. LOL . Also Scott Mansel coaches real drivers in real life in real cars and has been for years and his methods obviously can be translated over to the sim world as well i would imagine.
Coaching is definitely a fundamnetal aspect of all greats in every aspect of racing and sports really . and to those that are considered GOATSthey were klnown to be greats from the age of 3 or so . Gretzky , Tiger Woods, Ronaldo, Serena ..... list goes on . Point is there is only a short list of GOATS and the rest underneath them have all been coached as they have just a little bit harder and more work needed from the non GOATS lol

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Forum trophies