Silverstone unveils new pit building

I drove at Silverstone a few weeks ago and got chance to drive around the back of the new wing on my way into the circuit. It looks incredible! So much bigger than it looks on those news reports.

I also marshal but mostly at donington, sometimes at silverstone. do you still sign on in the old cafe or is there a new sign on place at the new pit area?
This will be my first one. Sign on is in the Paddock Bar.I was supposed to start at the beginning of May but I broke the suspension on my car on the way!That was before the new wing was finished and I was supposed to go to the Paddock Bar that time so I'm assuming it won't be in the new bit.

lol just get a UK,. Proxy server....bbc media is easy to bypass as much as their city cameras. Im glad its tax payer funded, guess they dont fund it enuff to block proxys and other means to bypass and watch all teh way from here.

Unfortunately I didn't get chance to see the new wing on Sunday. I wasn't over that side of the track.
Spent the morning at Copse and the afternoon (in the baking 45 degree track temperature heat) at Becketts.

Got to see the garage that Red Bull used in the pits last year. I was surprised to see the "Vettel" marking still on the floor. I thought it was a removable floor that the teams took with them to each race. Apparently not.

Got to see the garage that Red Bull used in the pits last year. I was surprised to see the "Vettel" marking still on the floor. I thought it was a removable floor that the teams took with them to each race. Apparently not.
If i remember correctly a few couple of years ago one of the teams (i think williams but not 100% sure) actually tiled the floor in their pits. Also did you notice the pit numbering? they go ...10c,11a,11b,11c,12a,12b,12c,12d,12e because some teams refuse to have pit number 13. Its the same at donington aswell, they go ...9,10,11,12,12a,14,15,16... its a bit silly really.

If i remember correctly a few couple of years ago one of the teams (i think williams but not 100% sure) actually tiled the floor in their pits. Also did you notice the pit numbering? they go ...10c,11a,11b,11c,12a,12b,12c,12d,12e because some teams refuse to have pit number 13. Its the same at donington aswell, they go ...9,10,11,12,12a,14,15,16... its a bit silly really.
The guy that was showing me round said McLaren always tile the garage floor too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back