Wanted Signman sold me damaged shifter

Just a warning to everyone Signman sold me a damaged shifter and he does not want to refund me the item - I took it to my Banks fraud team and they are planning to taking the issue to ''small court''. As he kindly left his full name and address on the delivery box, they will be in touch with him shortly.

How is the shifter damaged? Transit? Packaging intact?

There is a box that holds all the wiring which is broken and the left side mount rail has seen so much use its badly bent whilst the right side is straight.

It also has many scratches all over the place that he did not tell me about and the wiring is messed up because it will randomly disconnect and reconnect (nothing wrong with my system)

Sorry to hear that, I believe Singman will post his point of view

Hate to see this sort of thing for both sides.
Perhaps an effort for resolution can be from both parties.

I've found these few rules good to follow when buying or selling some stuff
as a buyer
- use paypal, (not sending money to friend option!), then it is possible to use their claim system
- get the details of condition of item in written, at least in forum's threads with pictures
- make pictures of closed delivered parcel and then opened one

as seller
- take a few minutes to photograph it before going into the box and again after it has been boxed up but not sealed. This will give you pretty good evidence for the shipping company that it was damaged by them and it will also enable the buyer to know that the seller did his/her part to protect the item.
- insure the package
- use a signing delivery

I know that he had a good reputation that's why I spent 270£ but it turns out I was wrong. Like I am willing to pay for the delivery and send the shifter back to him and all he has to do is refund me the money but he does not want to.

Well I am pretty sure he blocked me - but my bank forced a charge back so I got my money back and thanks for a free broken shifter signman. :thumbsup: Little bit of DIY should fix it though ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back