Should I buy AC or ACC?

After buying the Deluxe Edition of Project Cars 2 for £35 I have ended up with buyers regret. After a short but fair 10 hours (on PC) I can confirm that PC 2 has only left me frustrated…. Like a kid stomping his feet shouting “ it’s not faaaair!” but yeah, that’s the feeling I have. Maybe I’ll try dig some more but my play time is limited with real life.

So should I get AC instead? Or wait for ACC to develop? I don’t wanna waste more money on a game when a “newer and better” game is out.

Well yeah that's up to you, I thought it worth mentioning though, I think it even says in the readme or somewhere that it doesn't or might not work with TM wheels. Or maybe that was the reply I got when I posted about it feeling awful in the LUT gen thread. For me it became very reminiscent of my G27.

You make it right.
Assetto corsa first. (but when you have tasted kunos simulation, you want them all !)
Just because just have a lot more content than in Assetto corsa competizione.

I think that there is a compulsery simulation to own , just because it is 100% free.
Netkar pro.
Of course it has no AI, but what a fun to drive !

Do you like GT3 cars? Do you like the idea of racing them in multiplayer against other players? Do you want to race during the night or rain? With dynamic day/night cycle and weather? To simulate the Blancpain championship, like Codies F1 games simulates F1?

Depending on your answers above, buy ACC now. It's cheaper then it's gonna be in the future, but it's still in development.

And you can always buy AC later during a sale or whatever.

Overall, any of these two games are going to be a better experience than PCARS 2.

In terms of cars, AC has more variety. ACC will only have the Blancpain GT3 cars. Personally I dig them a lot, specially for racing online. It's one of the most popular categories in iRacing. And the premise of ACC is to offer a similar experience without having to pay a monthly fee.

Also bear in mind that ACC has some features AC players always requested: day/night cycle for endurance races, and rain. Both are game changers. Also the AI seems to be superior which is always nice.

TL;DR: buy both.

Wow. I just checked the AC mods page and oof I’m blown away. Track mods. This changes everything.

AC and ACC are completely different.

Yep ... AC is arguably one of the best racing sims on the market with 5 years of development and building behind it ... and LOTS of potential for more development by independent modders. Once you buy AC and all the DLC and you are ready to go. Apart from pay-for-mods, everything else is free, except for donations. There already is enough in AC, including weather and darkness to do a Blancpain GT Series (and an IMSA series and a WEC series and a F1 series and a drifting series, and a go-cart series ... and on and on).

Without doubt, when completed ACC will probably the best ever single series (Blancpain GT Series) racing game IN HISTORY with about a year of development and costs in front of you before you have the whole thing. No support by independent modders possible.

Last edited:
Without doubt, when completed ACC will probably the best ever single series (Blancpain GT Series) racing game IN HISTORY with about a year of development and costs in front of you before you have the whole thing. No support by independent modders possible.

That is a complete lie, unless Kunos themselves have gone back on their word of probably 5 weeks ago ( the last time I can remember an official comment ). I don't know where people are getting this & why it keeps being regurgitated, but please provide a more recent official statement that 3rd party mods are impossible. There is a big difference between impossible and unsupported. I am a little dubious about mod support for online use though.

I'd expect further SRO series for ACC over time - GT4 would be the obvious thing to add, given there's both seperate GT4 series and combined GT4/GT3. That's not official, that's just my own expectation.

To clear up the modding aspect of ACC, Kunos has stated that modding, while it would be possible for modders who are willing to analyse the code to produce mods, modding won't be supported by Kunos, and they won't offer any advice on modding the title at any point.

That is a complete lie, unless Kunos themselves have gone back on their word of probably 5 weeks ago ( the last time I can remember an official comment ). I don't know where people are getting this & why it keeps being regurgitated, but please provide a more recent official statement that 3rd party mods are impossible. There is a big difference between impossible and unsupported. I am a little dubious about mod support for online use though.

To clear up the modding aspect of ACC, Kunos has stated that modding, while it would be possible for modders who are willing to analyse the code to produce mods, modding won't be supported by Kunos, and they won't offer any advice on modding the title at any point.

Simon, this interview (HERE) titled ...
Assetto Corsa Competizione Won't "Support" Modding

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-wont-support-modding.147973/

... Was posted 2 March 2018 ... and is only one of many similiar statements since this product was announced by Kunos. Simon, you are completely wrong and I expect an apology.

READ THE F'ING INTEREVIEW

Last edited:
You make it right.
Assetto corsa first. (but when you have tasted kunos simulation, you want them all !)
Just because just have a lot more content than in Assetto corsa competizione.

I think that there is a compulsery simulation to own , just because it is 100% free.
Netkar pro.
Of course it has no AI, but what a fun to drive !
Netkar Pro is the sim that ruined all other sims for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.