SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content
If I'm not wrong, in order to get the leaderboard working normally in GTR2 ... you first need to drive minimum 1 clean lap of the track you're driving if it's the 1st time you use it with the overlay.

That's exactly the same for the map .... once the map is working ( 1 lap but sometimes a bit more ) the leaderboard will work.
That's what I experienced with another dashboard.

If I'm not wrong, in order to get the leaderboard working normally in GTR2 ... you first need to drive minimum 1 clean lap of the track you're driving if it's the 1st time you use it with the overlay.

That's exactly the same for the map .... once the map is working ( 1 lap but sometimes a bit more ) the leaderboard will work.
You're right it can be wonky at times but it's not supposed to actually be like that. Most times my drivers load up in the Leaderboard pretty quickly and I haven't experienced delays with the map in a long time.

In a race, the leaderboard fills in as drivers pass the start line, I've noticed.

I can't remember the behaviour in Prac/Qual but because I always accelerate those sessions at the beginning (to see AI times and warm up the track), I may be missing when the leaderboard is empty.

One option I disabled in SimHub regarding the map is SimHub > Dash Studio > Settings > "Use quality scoring to automatically regenerate the layout if required".

Another was enabling Use Online Maps in the same screen (It's experimental). Also Source Priority ("Online first then offline").

My maps seem to be more stable and more accurate with those changes.

Last edited:

I guess it's the most likely cause of the issue at the moment. I haven't tested the leaderboard overlay on a distance more than a lap. So I will do that and provide the feedback about whether it solved the issue or not.
This is very strange. I'm not sure what's going on.

The screenshot just looks like the overlays aren't getting any data.

Your GTR2 is the right version for SimHub?

You edited the overlays? Do the original overlays work?

I recall I had the overlays showing up outside of the cockpit when I first started but it hasn't been an issue in a long time. Perhaps try launching the overlays before starting GTR2 and then try starting them after GTR2 is loaded.
Yeah, I successfully configured GTR2 for SimHub. In the Games section GTR2 is marked as "Basic shared memory (Any game version)". And yeah, some overlays do get the GTR2 data – at least I can see delta gap changing, my current lap time, HUD and some more.

I tried to edit the overlays, but as I wasn't satisfied with the changes, I didn't save them. So basically all overlays are running in their original versions.

I remember you wrote in Readme that there's a possibility to arrange the overlays' placement in-game and, thus, to launch them after GTR2 is loaded. But I didn't understand how to do that. All the time I've been launching overlays before launching GTR2, just because I didn't know how to do otherwise. Could you please help me with that?

The GTR2 install I'm using in the few past months with CC installed and Simhub used .... is a recently created and modded one. ( with HQ and working CC wipers )
Many tracks were not used yet and moreover other used tracks are mods.

This is maybe the reason why the map needs to be known for Simhub. ( and surely same for @monzaq3 I guess if it's a rather fresh install )

Yeah, I successfully configured GTR2 for SimHub. In the Games section GTR2 is marked as "Basic shared memory (Any game version)". And yeah, some overlays do get the GTR2 data – at least I can see delta gap changing, my current lap time, HUD and some more.
Not sure if it's the issue but I use the "Telemetry Plugin (Steam version only)" option

If you're not using that make sure you have shared memory enabled in the GTR2 UserData PLR:

Write Shared Memory="1" // Write game data to shared memory area)

@Shovas @Jempy
So guys, I have tested the leaderboard overlay on a long distance. Unfortunately, nothing changed. As you can see on the pictures, I completed 9 full laps during qualifying and 7 laps during the race, but still no data is shown on the leaderboard. However, the delta overlay works properly which means that SimHub does receive some timing data from GTR2.

Concerning what @Shovas said about shared memory: I checked that in .PLR file, it's already "1" for that parameter.

I also attach the picture of overlays showing up while the car is in the garage. @Shovas, you said that launching overlays after GTR2 is loaded may help, so I would be super grateful if you tell how to do that.

Attachments

• Quali.jpg
    Quali.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Race.jpg
    Race.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 61

Do you mean that leaderboard won't work if the map overlay is not used? I haven't used the map yet, so it may be the probable way of solving the issue.

I don't know as I use both map and leaderboard since the very beginning of my Simhub in a GTR2 install.
But it's a fact that the leaderboard in GTR2 will only work for me as soon as the map is also perfectly working. (only for the 1st use of a track .... the problem is definitively solved afterwards)... should it depend on a Hat file creation ????

It's not Shovas's one but a special personal dashboard I created with parts of other dashboards by other creators.
1 single big one at the top of the game screen ( not hiding the useful part of the screen for driving in cockpit view) that I only make visible when I need an info and I can make unvisible afterwards using a wheel button.
I'm mostly using the ingame car dashboard especially for cars without use of the H-Shifter ( in the meaning to be aware of the used gear :D )

NB: I drive much less GTR2 than AC or ACC ... as I use it much more often driven by AI for using in game a new modification of a car or a just ready painted livery ( +- every 2 days ) or a new made CC wiper.

Last edited:
What kind of install are you using for GTR2 ? .... Steam version ? CD version ?
Are your user files well in the game itself and not in the Documents ? .... that might be surely a reason as the hat files are stored in the Userdata folder.

For me it's Steam version + HQ Patch + Crewchief .... config.exe with admin rights and gtr2.exe without those rights.

Last edited:
What kind of install are you using for GTR2 ? .... Steam version ? CD version ?
Are your user files well in the game itself and not in the Documents ? .... that might be surely a reason as the hat files are stored in the Userdata folder.

For me it's Steam version + HQ Patch + Crewchief .... config.exe with admin rights and gtr2.exe without those rights.
I'm using the Steam version of GTR2.
Well, I got the "UserData" folder in the GTR2 location (Steam > steamapps > common > GTR2), but also I got the "userdata" folder in Documents > GTR2. It has one subfolder called "Log" where the .HAT files and Results are located. Should it be organized in some other way in order for leaderboard to work?

P.S. I tested the leaderboard and the map at the same time: drove several laps, but still no effect.

Could you have a look at the dates of the log file in your documents and see if the raceresults.txt is recent in the Documents/GTR2/Userdata/Log/Results.
Could you also check if you have the recent hat files in the game's GTR2/Userdata/Log/Hat ?

If you're not using Crew Chief, both GTR2_config.exe and GTR2_exe need to be launched with Admin Rights. Else, the Userdata folder will always go to the Documents.

Not sure it has an importance for Simhub but anyway that's something to try in order to try to solve your problem.
I just read Simhub will only work with the original Steam GTR2.exe .... but I guess you did modify it with the patch to get Porsche and Ferrari working as most are doing of course.
Not sure the original Steam version needs Admin Rights but sure that the patched version needs them.

Do you have pure Steam version or manually patched version or HQ Patch installed ? Do you use Crew Chief ?
Manually patched or HQ Patch without CC will need Admin Rights to avoid the Documents/GTR2 folder .... and now I guess that your problem might be there.

Last edited:
Could you have a look at the dates of the log file in your documents and see if the raceresults.txt is recent in the Documents/GTR2/Userdata/Log/Results.
Could you also check if you have the recent hat files in the game's GTR2/Userdata/Log/Hat ?

If you're not using Crew Chief, both GTR2_config.exe and GTR2_exe need to be launched with Admin Rights. Else, the Userdata folder will always go to the Documents.

Not sure it has an importance for Simhub but anyway that's something to try in order to try to solve your problem.
I just read Simhub will only work with the original Steam GTR2.exe .... but I guess you did modify it with the patch to get Porsche and Ferrari working as most are doing of course.
Not sure the original Steam version needs Admin Rights but sure that the patched version needs them.

Do you have pure Steam version or manually patched version or HQ Patch installed ? Do you use Crew Chief ?
Manually patched or HQ Patch without CC will need Admin Rights to avoid the Documents/GTR2 folder .... and now I guess that your problem might be there.
Yes, I have the results of the most recent race in raceresults.txt, and the dates in the log file are the most recent as well. In the HAT folder I have the .hat files of all tracks which I have loaded since I installed GTR2.

So what I tried is launching both GTR2.exe and GTR2_Config.exe with admin rights: drove 5 laps in a practice session, but still no effect. Then I launched GTR2 directly from SimHub, and, even more strangely, overlays didn't appear at all, though I have marked Shovas' layout as "auto".

No, I don't have neither HQ Patch nor Crew Chief: I use the Steam version with only modification of adding Ferrari and Porsche.

When you have the leaderboard at the start, only you appear on it.
As soon as a car passes the line after one lap ... the other cars will appear.
I tested and that's the way it works. I didn't test in practice or qualifying but I remember that beginning a race after qualifying not so long ago I immediately had the other cars displayed in the leaderboard.

Original GTR2 Steam version is perfectly working with Simhub .... but when you apply the patch in order to have Ferrari and Porsche that's not the original GTR2.exe steam version any longer.

I just read Shovas readme and no mention of which GTR2 executable it needs in order to have Simhub working in GTR2.

- Sure it works with the original Steam GTR2.exe
- Sure it works using the digital GTR2.exe of HQ Patch ( as I use it )

So rather ask which version @Shovas is using ( I'm nearly sure it's HQ one but not 100% sure )

One only thing is sure: pure Steam version without any patch will allow Simhub to work but with greyed Porsche and Ferrari.

I can't believe it, but everything works now! All issues are solved: my player name appeared on the leaderboard, opponents appeared, lap times and gaps also appeared, the leaderboard shows up only on the track, not in the garage. Hallelujah!

So the solution was to switch the GTR2 configuration in SimHub from "Basic shared memory" to "Telemetry plugin" and then run GTR2.exe with admin rights. After that leaderboard works absolutely properly.

Daaaamn, it's so good to finally have a leaderboard in GTR2 which (for some reason) doesn't have it in-build. @Shovas, thank you very much again for your amazing overlays, and, @Jempy, thank you very much for your advice!

I saw people asking about the same issue (even on the SimHub website — nobody answered to that guy though), so I really hope this thread will help someone in the future.

Last edited:
I can't believe it, but everything works now! All issues are solved: my player name appeared on the leaderboard, opponents appeared, lap times and gaps also appeared, the leaderboard shows up only on the track, not in the garage. Hallelujah!

So the solution was to switch the GTR2 configuration in SimHub from "Basic shared memory" to "Telemetry plugin" and then run GTR2.exe with admin rights. After that leaderboard works absolutely properly.
Congrats! Happy to hear it's solved.

Do you need to enable admin rights? I don't have to.

h=

Daaaamn, it's so good to finally have a leaderboard in GTR2 which (for some reason) doesn't have it in-build. @Shovas, thank you very much again for your amazing overlays, and, @Jempy, thank you very much for your advice!

I saw people asking about the same issue (even on the SimHub website — nobody answered to that guy though), so I really hope this thread will help someone in the future.
just FYI, you will be missing tire and suspension data. crew chief plugin fixes that and many other gtr2 bugs, and you won't need admin rights either.

I just read Shovas readme and no mention of which GTR2 executable it needs in order to have Simhub working in GTR2.

So, reading the changelog, SimHub can work with either Steam GTR2.exe (via @The Iron Wolf 's dedicated plugin) or non-Steam EXEs via the shared memory option.

Search for "gtr" in the changelog here: https://www.simhubdash.com/download-2/

I will try to clarify in my readme install section.

Crew Chief is not technically needed for SimHub overlays (although it's great and highly recommended for other reasons) although it does have key telemetry fixes my overlays rely on.

The GTR2 plugin for Crew Chief enables Crew Chief itself to work and provides a bunch of other behind-the-scenes fixes and improvements. Crew Chief GTR2 plugin only works with the Steam EXE.

Maybe @The Iron Wolf can chime in here, does your plugin's fixes fix or improve anything related to SimHub and the data it uses?

Last edited:
Shovas updated SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Note] Clarifying SimHub and Crew Chief Requirements/Recommendations

After some discussion in the download thread, I updated the README Introduction and Install sections with some notes on what is required and recommended regarding SimHub and Crew Chief:

Requirements:
  • SimHub:
    • Works with Steam and non-Steam versions of GTR2
      • Uncertain about any limitations depending on which you run
    • Full download and setup instructions in the Install section

Recommended:
  • Crew Chief:
    • Fixes some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Congrats! Happy to hear it's solved.

Do you need to enable admin rights? I don't have to.
You don't have to surely because you're using Crew Chief as I do ;)

Here's the confirmation from the install readme of @GTR233 HQ Patch:
ONLY IF YOU DO NOT USE CrewChief plugin : right click on GTR2.EXE >> left click PROPERTY >> COMPATIBILITY >> tick ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS box

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back