SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content
in the future, simhub might support cc plugin directly. simhub dev has that on his todo list, but i suspect gtr2 is very low priority. the advantage will be that cc plugin exposes much more data compared to rf1 data. if you want you could weigh in at simhub feature requests channel.

Last edited:
Shovas updated SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Preview] Awareness Overlay

I included a WIP Awareness Overlay in the last release but it was just an experiment at that point. I've now done some substantial work on it.

View attachment 566665

In the screenshot below you can notice some red/white ellipses across the edges of the screens indicating the car passing on the left. They sort of mimick the same red and white bars on the Radar Overlay.

But the goal is different between the two overlays and normally I wouldn't have them both running except for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

[Note] Sims that also work with these overlays

While sim hopping today and leaving my SimHub overlays running I noticed my overlays were working in a number of other sims and while I'm sure there are bugs I didn't notice anything immediately.

The only "supported" game is GTR2 right now but these unsupported games also appear to work pretty good:

rFactor 2
ACC
AMS2

Buggy:

Race 07: Some overlays work, some don't

Should work but need to check again:

GT Legends

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V14

Version 14 (2022-04-14..2022-05-19)
  • [RSplits Overlay] New overlay displaying sector splits in a newest-first way: First line is current sector, second line is previous secotr, third line is sector before that, etc. This enables tracks with more than 3 sectors (ie. most relevant when using in other sims that have tracks like that).
  • [Awareness Overlays]New Left/Right/Rear Awareness overlays with the goal of aiding peripheral awareness: You will know who is around you...

[Note] Not yet tested with SimHub V8, OK with SimHub 7.4.23

I haven't tested with SimHub V8 so I can't say if the overlays work as they should or not.

SimHub V8 seems like a major rewrite of key components so I'm hesistant to upgrade for a while. I'll let the guinea pigs work out all the bugs.

For now, you can still download SimHub 7.4.23, the latest V7 release, if you don't mind running a step behind for a bit.

I'll upgrade in a week or two when SimHub V8 has appears to be stable.

[Note] SimHub requires windowed mode / Crew Chief provides borderless windowed mode option

I've updated the Overview here and the README to clarify SimHub requires windowed mode and added a note about Crew Chief which has an option to automatically go borderless windowed mode on launch.

Code:
Required:
- SimHub should work with both Steam GTR2 or non-Steam GTR2
  - Steam GTR2 will use "Telemetry plugin (Steam version only" in SimHub > GTR2 > Game Config > Telemetry Mode option
  - Non-Steam GTR2 will use "Basic game shared memory (Any game version)" in SimHub > GTR2 > Game...

Hello.
I still try to get the overlay running.

It's still just the selected vehicle in the leaderboard, seen as position 6 of 1.
At the ufuel the remaining laps don't get tracked, but the remaining fuel.
The remaining time also don't get tracked.
The map also works, but just shows the selected / player vehicle.
Would like to get the leaderboard and map running. Can someone please help me
IMG_20220609_195454.jpg
IMG_20220609_193405.jpg

Hello.
I still try to get the overlay running.

It's still just the selected vehicle in the leaderboard, seen as position 6 of 1.
At the ufuel the remaining laps don't get tracked, but the remaining fuel.
The remaining time also don't get tracked.
The map also works, but just shows the selected / player vehicle.
Would like to get the leaderboard and map running. Can someone please help me

So it's fetching some data but not others? What version of GTR2 are you using? Have you tried it on a clean vanilla Steam install? What version of SimHub? What session setup are you using (car/track/opponents/etc)?

So it's fetching some data but not others? What version of GTR2 are you using? Have you tried it on a clean vanilla Steam install? What version of SimHub? What session setup are you using (car/track/opponents/etc)?
i made a new clean install and its working now. also edited the .exe so Porsche and Ferrari are working. i was using a old selfedited exe where i patched the GB myself to prevent runtime error. its working now, but also run into runtime error lol
thank you for the overlay ,its fantastic!

okay i do have a new question now.when i said that it worked, it always tracked the AI i was currently on.
so the Stats variated ,depending on what AI i was watching, including Driver 2.
but now, why ever, it just tracks the Player and no AI anymore. means when i crash out what absolutely didnt happened and want to watch the Race, where you cant see Fuels, times etc anymore, the whole HUD stops working.

i dont know how i ended up with that or what i did to change it, but i would like to change it back.

do you know the problem?

okay i do have a new question now.when i said that it worked, it always tracked the AI i was currently on.
so the Stats variated ,depending on what AI i was watching, including Driver 2.
but now, why ever, it just tracks the Player and no AI anymore. means when i crash out what absolutely didnt happened and want to watch the Race, where you cant see Fuels, times etc anymore, the whole HUD stops working.

i dont know how i ended up with that or what i did to change it, but i would like to change it back.

do you know the problem?
How are you watching when that happens? From the garage? Or is there another spectating mode I'm forgetting?

[Note] Next release will be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial

The next release will be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International.

View the full license here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

This license allows users to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, for noncommercial purposes only.

It simply requires that users give credit to the creator.

There's no drama that precipitated the license but as mods grow the risk of abuse goes up so I thought...

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V15

Version 15 (2022-05-19..2022-06-17)

• [New Dash Mini Plus Overlay] New overlay starting from the Dash Mini V Overlay and adding in info that I find myself glancing at frequently from other overlays. I moved them here because I place this closer to the center of my field of vision so I'm taking my eyes off driving to less of a degree. This overlay will effectively fulfill the purpose of a real SimHub Dash but just in Overlay form. Might change in the future but currently adds...

Good day Shovas
It seems to be a great hud to be used and I would like to install it on race 07…I saw somewhere that it could be possible but how can I install it? The procedure is for gtr2 and also the folders are different from race 07
Thanks in advance for the help

Good day Shovas
It seems to be a great hud to be used and I would like to install it on race 07…I saw somewhere that it could be possible but how can I install it? The procedure is for gtr2 and also the folders are different from race 07
Thanks in advance for the help

Thank you, glad you like it!

When you run Race 07 SimHub should just detect it like normal, then you launch your SimHub overlays like usual.

I don't think there's anything special about it. There's no plugins available/needed to install by hand in the Race 07 folder.

Have you got it to work with GTR2?

Hi
I don’t have gtr2, I have only Gtr evolution but I noticed the images and videos and it seems to be good
Do you mean simhub program? I don’t have it…
Thanks

Hi
I don’t have gtr2, I have only Gtr evolution but I noticed the images and videos and it seems to be good
Do you mean simhub program? I don’t have it…
Thanks
SimHub is required. Crew Chief is highly recommended for full functionality. See the readme for instructions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back