Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB @ Bridgehampton - Tuesday July 6th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

gt350vs250swb.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB (Download HERE)
Track: Bridgehampton (Download HERE)
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

MY Setups:

Attachments

• CD250.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 276
  • CDGT350.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 226
Wow, what a circuit! When I finally got used to it, I had good fun. The cars were like chalk and cheese-the Shelby had to be pushed all the time, while the Ferrari needed to be floated round :eek:

Race 1: After managing 4th in quali in the Shelby, we had a restart, and I ended up on pole! LOL. Got a bad start and ended up 4th, but 2nd & 3rd tangled at T1/T2, and I was in 2nd. Then Stuart made an error, and I was 1st! I managed to stay there until about lap 7, when Knut passed me after a small battle, and then I dropped back slowly to 5th after some mistakes. Then disaster...I had put in fuel for 15 laps on a 13 lap race, but it wasn't enough. At the end of lap 12 the engine died. So gutting.

Race 2: Too many mistakes because of lost concentration, and I had to quit out.

Thanks Carlos and RD

Had plenty of fun tonight but like Carlos said; It was just one of those nights. I couldn't concentrate and did lots of mistakes. I don't think having the football match on my left side helped though. I even ran out of fuel in the last race like Tim even after going quite slow the last half of the race.

Thanks Carlos and RD

Numbers were a little low tonight but not the excitment. Weird start for me ... not all cars were visible at the"Go"
and after a few turns, cars began to appear which caused me to lose it and I went blueberry picking. I was determined not to be lapped but I spun off and I began again burning down the track until I saw " Wrong Way". A little later Knut lapped me:frown:.

Race 2 came and left and I was not lapped. Received my first podium due to low numbers and at the expense of poor Knut who ran out of fuel. To quote a famous virtual race car driver" I saw a car off the track and I though it was Jack, but it was Knut." lol.

Thanks to Carlo , I mean Carlos for the events.:D

As Jack mentioned, the numbers were a bit low & got lower but the racing & fun were top draw.

This was my first time a Bridgehampton & I have to say what a lovely track. Alright it is bumpy but as the readme file said, it wasn't constructed correctly which is why the bumps but this said I think it adds something else you have to drive around or over which in turn make it more satisfying when you get it all togther + put in a good lap. Now to the racing its self.

As we got underway for race one, sadly we lost Eck, who once again had connection problems. We restarted but again as Jack pointed out, it seemed some cars weren't showing on track at the start and for me this proved to be the case when just getting through 2 Stangs off the line, Tim appeared right in front of me which caused me and one the the Stangs to make contact but we both managed to keep it facing in the right direction and proceed on with the racing. After a brief battle with Carlos or was it Carlo, ummmm, lol, I found myself in 3rd behind Knut. Tim seemed to be up the sharp end with Knut chasing him down. As I watched Knut try to get by Tim this allowed me to close the gap a little. Soon enough Knut got by and now I was chasing Tim down. This took me several laps to get on the back of him to start applying the pressure as Tim was driving the wheels on the Mustang. After a couple of exciting laps trying to get by Tim I managed to finally pull of the move as Tim went in a little to hot on one of the right handers. Now pulling a gap on Tim I was left in a lonely 2nd untill I brought it across the line.

Race 2, got a good start but again came upto Knut who I couldn't manage to pass so had to settle in behind him. After getting by Stu off the line he wasn't far behind and started to apply the pressure. As the stang is slow in and a bit faster out Stu got by me going through the light bulb turn. Onto lap 2 & following Stu quite closely hoping to hold the gap, we proceeded to the end of the lap when all of a sudden coming out of the light bulb turn and heading upto the final turn I couldn't belive what I was seeing. It seemed a car was heading over the tumbleweed on it roof traveling at a 100 miles and hour straight towards us. Before I could blink and take it in the car was now right infront of Stu on the track & with nowhere to go Stu ploughed into it with me ploughing into Stu with both of us ending up on out roofs. Even after it happed I still couldn't belive what just happend but with the car now back on tera ferma I got on with getting back on track to carry on racing. It didn't look good as my car suffered damage to the front and the steering was now off center. Shortly after when it appeared it was Carlos doing the flying Ferrari trick we decided to restart and all agreed. Race 2, part 2, again off to a decent start and again I had Stu & Knut infront. After a couple of laps Stu decided to go blueberry picking so I was now left in second again. As the laps counted down I thought it was going to end with me in second but on the last few laps I saw Knuts laps times go up and thought he might have had a off or two. Kept pushing as hard as I could when all of a sudden I could see a red stang ahead but thought it can't be Knut, it must be Jack but then as I approched it, it dawned on me that Jack was in a white stang and as I went by I was still thinking it must be Jack as the car seemed to just pull to one side. As this was the last lap I carried on and finished the lap and when the results came up I found myself on the top step of the podium, wow what just happened. It was after I found out it was Knut running out of fuel on the last lap, unlucky matey.

As I said earlier, I really liked the track and the car combo especially the 250 but I don't think they were best suited to this track so I look forward to meeting the Ferrari again. Thanks again Carlos for a great track and car combo, big thanks to that spectacular crash, big thanks to all drivers for sticking with it, WD to all the podium finishers especially Jack who had he first podium since starting with us. Lets hope theres more to come for ya mate. Until next time, see ya...................

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back