sharing setups vs. sharing race strategy

Reik Major

Premium
Guys I like to get your opinion (and maybe a final gentlemen agreement) on the following question which often comes to my mind when drivers tell about their race strategy in the setups thread:

Do we want to share our race strategy with each other prior an event?

My personal answer is "No".

In contrast to sharing setups which is meant to ensure that all drivers have a good base to start the race with I don't want to know what drivers are going to do during the race. I would compare it a little bit with the weather which I also don't want to know what it is going to do in the race.

I don't want to say that discussing strategies should be forbidden, because it may help someone who doesn't have enough time to practice to make his decision. But it adds very much to the challenge and the fun if I don't know what strategies the drivers around me finally have chosen. So if they'd announce it before the race, it would have an influence on my decision and kill some part of the fun.

What are your opinions and answers to the question above?

Pit strategy is part of racing and you certainly won't say to all "i'll take this corner slowly, you can pass me easily there"... Some kind of info of 1-stop vs 2-stop times and stint lengths is another matter. That' just technical stuff that helps deciding the strategy without huge amount of laps devoted solely to find out something that when shared is a lot more efficient. Just think if 20+ drivers all have to drive three race lengths just to know the basics on top of the regular training schedule.. 20 drivers * 3h= 60h. Three drivers, one race length each, share the results: 3 * 1h =3h.

Individual race strategies mandatory sharing: no
General race strategy sharing: yes

That's what I mean Kennett. A general discussion about strategy with sharing experiences from those who have some is a very good thing. I support that when ever I can. But I don't want drivers to reveal what they exactly do then.
You are right Reik, we should keep it to ourselves, spread rumors or lie about it;) . It's a part of the racing that adds extra pleasure on top of it all. Sorry for making that mistake in another post mate.

I'm in favour to do not reveal which strategy we go for each race also, but after very talking about strategy and some tests i really don't know what's the best option for us/for me, but for sure we shouldn't reveal what we gonna do like in Istanbul where i was not sure about Reik strategy seeing him flying by ^^ ... so like you say this is part of race and reveal it shorten much fun, and an important part of racing...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back