Sfx100 like actuators: eracing lab

Hello everyone.

I still have some money left from my costly divorce so I'm now looking at motion platforming.
I am still interested in the SR2 platform from the guys at simrig.se because im not too interested into building a sfx100 from scratch. I am actually interested into assembling the rig myself but I'm not sure I have the time to problem solve any unseen problems (e.g: emi isolation or other issues )
which is why a turn key solution is tempting to me.
Pt actuators offers "sfx100 actuators" at 3600$ which would be within my budget.
I also read on those forums about eracing actuators which are even cheaper than PT actuators.
I'm wondering what else is left for me to do if i choose to purchase already made "sfx100" actuators ?
is it as simple as mounting actuators, installing and calibrating software and good to go?

thanks in advance

Actually I decided to repurpose my old SFX actuator to pull the seatbelt for SAFTY reason! It pulls the belt when it retracts. Once it retracts to the end, it physically can't go any further so the belt won't get any tighter. I find this much safer than other DIY solutions where the belt is pulled by a rotating rod driven directly by a motor. It would be pretty scary when the motor gets out of control!

Additionally, I use a Thanos controller with an estop connected to it. So it cuts the belts too whenever it's activated.

Yes, that sounds like a good way to do it if you were to use an actuator. I have seen another one that that didnt have that configuration and would only require an on the fly accidental change of profile to have it probably push 150+kg on them.

Upvote 0
Actually I decided to repurpose my old SFX actuator to pull the seatbelt for SAFTY reason! It pulls the belt when it retracts. Once it retracts to the end, it physically can't go any further so the belt won't get any tighter. I find this much safer than other DIY solutions where the belt is pulled by a rotating rod driven directly by a motor. It would be pretty scary when the motor gets out of control!

Additionally, I use a Thanos controller with an estop connected to it. So it cuts the belts too whenever it's activated.

Very good point on the safety. Thank you for sharing.
What modification did you make on actuator to make it pull the belt? And is 100mm too much for belt use?

Upvote 0
Very good point on the safety. Thank you for sharing.
What modification did you make on actuator to make it pull the belt? And is 100mm too much for belt use?
100 is way too much to use for a belt. You could make it work by pushing as well. Just ensure like he did it's setup so at max travel it's only pulling at a reasonable force

Upvote 0
I was thinking of a similar design (this is the same principle as the one eracing labs sells). I don't have a rig yet, but I'm assuming if you flip this around and add some profiles behind your seat to mount this, it can just be used for pushing (without modifying the desing) and I could mount a guiding system onto this profile as well?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back