Sfx100 like actuators: eracing lab

Hello everyone.

I still have some money left from my costly divorce so I'm now looking at motion platforming.
I am still interested in the SR2 platform from the guys at simrig.se because im not too interested into building a sfx100 from scratch. I am actually interested into assembling the rig myself but I'm not sure I have the time to problem solve any unseen problems (e.g: emi isolation or other issues )
which is why a turn key solution is tempting to me.
Pt actuators offers "sfx100 actuators" at 3600$ which would be within my budget.
I also read on those forums about eracing actuators which are even cheaper than PT actuators.
I'm wondering what else is left for me to do if i choose to purchase already made "sfx100" actuators ?
is it as simple as mounting actuators, installing and calibrating software and good to go?

thanks in advance

Hello everyone.

I still have some money left from my costly divorce so I'm now looking at motion platforming.
I am still interested in the SR2 platform from the guys at simrig.se because im not too interested into building a sfx100 from scratch. I am actually interested into assembling the rig myself but I'm not sure I have the time to problem solve any unseen problems (e.g: emi isolation or other issues )
which is why a turn key solution is tempting to me.
Pt actuators offers "sfx100 actuators" at 3600$ which would be within my budget.
I also read on those forums about eracing actuators which are even cheaper than PT actuators.
I'm wondering what else is left for me to do if i choose to purchase already made "sfx100" actuators ?
is it as simple as mounting actuators, installing and calibrating software and good to go?

thanks in advance

Personally I would choose PT-ACTUATOR between the two. The construction quality is by far better and less noisy.

For motion software, they actually include on most packages SimRacingStudio license... even if not, its cheap, just $49...

Edit:
Just had a look on the package you mentioned, it doesn't include the servomotors or motion controller or SRS license... its just an upgrade option...

Maybe eracing-lab would be better choice for you if your budget is not too high.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm selling my sfx100 for 1200eur .

Attachments

• sfx100_1.jpg
    sfx100_1.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
that is great! I will send them a message as I will need 6 actuators and I only see that they sell sets of 4. woud like to add seatbelt surge and some rear traction loss
If you are planning to use a single actuator to pull on a seatbelt rather than moving a surge platform I think there are better ways.

I have seen people use an SFX actuator pulling on a seatbelt but personally I would rather go with another solution and if things did go wrong, the amount of pressure an actuator could put on that seatbelt would not be good.

Its certainly something I would put a physical limit switch on going abck to the servo drivers estop.

Upvote 0
If you are planning to use a single actuator to pull on a seatbelt rather than moving a surge platform I think there are better ways.

I have seen people use an SFX actuator pulling on a seatbelt but personally I would rather go with another solution and if things did go wrong, the amount of pressure an actuator could put on that seatbelt would not be good.

Its certainly something I would put a physical limit switch on going abck to the servo drivers estop.
thanks for this clarification. would you be able to elaborate a bit more on the alternative solution? G-Belt is certainly only it comes to mind (which is a valid point as I am contemplating adding a G5 seat with a G-belt addition).

Upvote 0
Quite a few people have done a DIY, or there is the PT one which is stand alone but looks like, at this point, it is SRS software only. Which isnt an issue if thats what you use for driving the sfx.

Upvote 0

Actually I decided to repurpose my old SFX actuator to pull the seatbelt for SAFTY reason! It pulls the belt when it retracts. Once it retracts to the end, it physically can't go any further so the belt won't get any tighter. I find this much safer than other DIY solutions where the belt is pulled by a rotating rod driven directly by a motor. It would be pretty scary when the motor gets out of control!

Additionally, I use a Thanos controller with an estop connected to it. So it cuts the belts too whenever it's activated.

Upvote 1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back