setup request: Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo @ Spa

Reik Major

Premium
Since the ESport event is over now, I wonder if one of the top drivers would be so kind to post his setup? (Good for a 2:22?)

I would so much like to learn from, because I literally tried everything but was never able to brake so late and get the car stick to the line then or to drive Eau Rouge at such a high speed.

I'd call myself an experienced sim racer with low setup knowledge (always trial and error without knowing what I do) but I was never so far off the pace (only 2:24:6xx).

So I'm very curious if I missed something in the setup or if it's only my fault in driving the car wrong.

Very much thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I tested and liked it mate, so thx very much for that one. The rear pushes very well with your setup. Nevertheless I can't brake with it that late into corners, like I saw all the fast drivers doing. And I couldn't drive Eau Rouge as fast as the top drivers at high revs in 5th gear. When trying - no matter which way - I went too wide on the inside, clipping too much of the corner. So I wonder, how the fast drivers could make the car stick to the line in general.

Assuming the car is fairly well balanced, front-to-rear, Eau Rouge (going up the hill) and Radillon (at the top), flat-out, is usually a matter of aero. You want to add just enough aero to keep the car on the line, despite wanting less aero on the following Kimmel straight, because arriving faster at the Kimmel is more important than theoretical (but unattainable) Vmax on the straight before braking for Les Combes. You actually need less aero @ Eau Rouge than elsewhere because going uphill, gravity applies its own downforce.

Late braking (esp. trail braking) is a matter of brake balance. Braking is my weak point, so you might try a few clicks either way and see if that doesn't help. Cheers.

I posted a setup for the F488 CE here August 10th. If you don't like it, please tell me why. P.S. I'm far from a 'top driver'. More like a competent dev't engineer.
I use those settings with Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 by Ferrari eSport and it was stunning that car can behave like that - It was pure joy of drive and I take 1,5s lap faster than ever! 2:25:312

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back