Settings for a Driving Force Pro in Race.

I have been using my wheel for quite some time and thought I was happy with the way it setup in Windows by default. Last night showed that I am not quite as happy now as the race was way too twitchy to control the car. During the course of pretty much any track, I have only had to turn my wheel about 45 degrees and I need to increase it a bit to make the wheel more stable and less twitchy.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and am hoping that one of you will have some information to help me get the most out of this wheel without using FFB. I have changed the rotation to 270 from the default 200 that Windows had setup, and that seems to help, but are there other settings I should look at to make sure things remain smooth and without creating a dead zone in my steering that will throw me off?

Any advice will be tried to see how it feels.
Thanks
Jim Cole

You tried the Logitech software to the DFP? Personally I'v having it by my self. DFP + Logitech Software = Pure.. :D You can find it on logitech.com If not that helps, I'm unsure what does..

You will get help from Logitech panel:
105% Force
0% Spring
0% Damper
No self centering spring
522 degree
If you want you can try 200 degree rotation to made your wheels more stable to enable 200 degree mode press and hold Select + R3 + Right Paddle and the wheel will click and unlock into 200degree mode

I have been using my wheel for quite some time and thought I was happy with the way it setup in Windows by default. Last night showed that I am not quite as happy now as the race was way too twitchy to control the car. During the course of pretty much any track, I have only had to turn my wheel about 45 degrees and I need to increase it a bit to make the wheel more stable and less twitchy.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and am hoping that one of you will have some information to help me get the most out of this wheel without using FFB. I have changed the rotation to 270 from the default 200 that Windows had setup, and that seems to help, but are there other settings I should look at to make sure things remain smooth and without creating a dead zone in my steering that will throw me off?

Any advice will be tried to see how it feels.
Thanks
Jim Cole
You will get help from Logitech panel:
105% Force
0% Spring
0% Damper
No self centering spring
522 degree
If you want you can try 200 degree rotation to made your wheels more stable to enable 200 degree mode press and hold Select + R3 + Right Paddle and the wheel will click and unlock into 200degree mode

Ok, I understand what you are talking about now. The reason I have gotten away from the 200 degree setting is that the slop in the gears inside the wheel make it too unstable at that setting, so I changed it to more turning and I am getting used to that now. I don't use FFB nor do I use the centering spring option as those really don't work for me too much. Too many things fall off the table due to vibrations :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back