Sepang International Raceway Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Sepang Released 1.jpg

Scene of this weekend's Formula One Grand Prix, the Sepang International Raceway circuit in Malaysia has been released for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

A mainstay on the Formula One calendar since its debut in 1999, Sepang has steadily proven to be one of the more successful of the Herman Tilke designed Grand Prix venues, often producing some thrilling races helped in no small part by the often inconsistent weather conditions provided by the region.

With this weekend marking the final running of Formula One machinery at the circuit, Sector3 Studios and RaceRoom Racing Experience have created a masterful digital rendition of the track for players to purchase, designed and built using the original Tilke architectural drawings, thanks to a close relationship between the prolific track builder and the Swedish development studio this could be one of the most detailed circuits released for the simulation to date.

Retailing for £4.37 and coming in three unique configurations, GP (5.543km), North (2.706km) and South loop (2.609km), the new track is available to purchase for the game with immediate effect.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC only and downloadable through the Steam network.

RaceRoom Sepang Released 2.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Released 3.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Released 4.jpg

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Tried the circuit yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Tilke sucks, but this track is pretty damned cool, IMO.

Run-off areas nowhere near as forgiving as they are on his later works; really nice variety of turns without feeling artificial. The track is extremely wide (almost comically so), but I guess that just opens up overtaking opportunities.

I don't think R3E has dynamic marbles.
Thats right... R3E doesn't have dynamic marbles - at least in public release... there was a teaser from Paul Ricard in the past where Marbles were visible, too. But there was nothing mentioned since than... maybe there are some performance-issues they are still working on to solve... Next step will be 64bit which is around the corner... maybe something more will be possible then...

19728809965_b865432536_k.jpg

Next step will be 64bit which is around the corner...
Yeah I've noticed the mention of 64bit R3E support in one of Crew Chief's recent changelogs and was wondering what's up with that. Quite looking forward to that, I must say, it's obvious R3E can become starved for memory at times, even though it's doing its best.

Yeah I've noticed the mention of 64bit R3E support in one of Crew Chief's recent changelogs and was wondering what's up with that. Quite looking forward to that, I must say, it's obvious R3E can become starved for memory at times, even though it's doing its best.

Take a look at this, it might be pleasing ;)

Thats right... R3E doesn't have dynamic marbles - at least in public release... there was a teaser from Paul Ricard in the past where Marbles were visible, too. But there was nothing mentioned since than... maybe there are some performance-issues they are still working on to solve... Next step will be 64bit which is around the corner... maybe something more will be possible then...

Marbles exist on Paul Ricard like they do in the pictures. Other tracks also have some debris off the racing line, such as T2 of Brands.

They dont have any affect on driving, and are merely visual though.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, driving off line should make your tires dirty and lower your grip for a short period of time.

Last edited:
Been running 12 laps of Sepang aka Petit Sepang 12 h and it's real fun. Much as I love the smaller tracks in R3E it is nice to bring out the faster rides a track like this calls for once in a while.

Just drove it at Petronas Towers. Petronas had an event where one of the attractions was to drive an X-17 around Sepang for ten minutes. The setup was good with Fanatec gear but I'll wait till I come home and drive with my own gear and setup before I rate it. Another cool thing at the Petronas event was that they let people try to change tyres on an F1 car. I didn't though as the queue was to long.

:whistling:How much are they charging for this 'beauty?'
Sector3 normally charges as much for one track as Kunos Simulazioni charges for an entire pack.
What the heck is up with that?
479 vRP worked out under a fiver, I think their tracks are worth it so I pay. I don't bother comparing it to other games, that's the beauty of choice. AC has the beauty of scale in how they price their dlc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back