Second Install

Hello All,

I have two installs of AMS. First is the beta, second is a copy and pasted version of the beta that I use to install third party mods. That way if something gets messed up from a mod - no big deal. The second install(copy/paste version) was an older version and was running fine. I had the config file modified to point to the locations folder of the first install. I was trying to figure out how to open the game off-line. Coincidently, I was doing some clean up work in the series folder so I don't have the "blank" icons for mods. Clean up work went fine. However, the other work(trying to run off-line) didn't go so well. After looking around on-line, I removed the "steam_api.dll" and the "steam_appid" files. After that the game wouldn't even open. I reinstalled them and still the game would not open. After many tries to work with what I had I got the game to open, I could select whatever mod I wanted, order seemed to be restored, but I had no tracks showing.

Finally, I deleted the whole second install, copied the contents of the beta(sans Locations folder), modified the config file to point to the locations folder and still no tracks.

Sorry for long, long wind-up, but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get tracks to show up?

As stated, second install worked fine before yesterday.

Thank you in advance,

FraPP!!!

Started steam in off-line mode - no difference. Thank you for the suggestion however.

I created a locations folder in the second install, put two tracks in it and changed config to point to locations folder. When I started the game I did/do have those two tracks available. If I change config to point to the tracks directory in the beta install, I still have only the two tracks. If I delete the locations folder or even if I leave it but delete the two tracks from it, I get the same result - no tracks.

I'm at a loss as I had a second install working before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

FraPP!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back