Sebastian Vettel

It was in his 4th season, so not really that early.
Early in terms of maturity. I'd say he only really grew up after Malaysia this year.

Where he has grown up, no one can tell, but i can tell for sure he showed character on several occasions, and Abu Dhabi 2010 is one of the best moments i have of him.

Also i would like to summarize all of our discussions on this subject in one well said sentence, it goes like this: "I find it amazing that some people are in position to argue about 4 times World Champion" - it's true and it is enough having said only that, i don't remember if it was someone from here or not, its true. He is 4 times world champion now, and someone to say he won cause of this or that would be very stupid to argue and also to rank him below anyone of this generation equally stupid too.

He is 4 times world champion now, and someone to say he won cause of this or that would be very stupid to argue and also to rank him below anyone of this generation equally stupid too.

I don't think it's stupid to argue. I'm not saying he's not a great driver, but he is one of 3 or 4 drivers that could've easily won multiple titles with the cars he's been given. He is not THE greatest of his generation, because he's had vastly dominant cars under him.

I don't think it's stupid to argue. I'm not saying he's not a great driver, but he is one of 3 or 4 drivers that could've easily won multiple titles with the cars he's been given. He is not THE greatest of his generation, because he's had vastly dominant cars under him.

But thats ur opinion, my opinion is that the best driver always will end up in the best car. While someone can say that Alonso has bad car i can say that both talent of Vettel to create a car altogether with Newey and bad management in Ferrari made Alonso look stupid. Which can be very much true. If you have missed out but nowadays is more and more that everyone is talking about Vettel's dedication, and i have no doubts about that, he is teached by Schumacher everything he should know. I am putting my head that without Vettel they wouldnt have that success and that neither of Alonso Hamilton Button or Kimi would have succeed in what Vettel succeed. Not a chance.

If someone is so good it doesnt for sure means it is about his car, maybe he is soo good that basicly he makes it looks like it is up to the car, there are several angles from which you can look. And by what Webber was doing i am not so sure that Red Bull was the best car, for example in 2010 in 2012 RedBull was not clearly the best car, they won GP's where they shouldnt have won. So ... Vettel with 4 titles and the records he won through the years, many records which were won even before he won a title were done in less powerfull cars and i cannot say he is not the best, he is by far now

I am saying that over and over again (that he cannot be behind anyone today) because Mika Hakkinen was also driver in Neweys car, and he was winning races by 30 seconds or more, and very often he was regarded as better than Schumacher even when Schumacher had won 4 or 5 titles. Why ? Wasnt he fast due to his car? Or i am mistaken? Because i dont think that i am mistaken actually i think i am 101% right, not even a chance to debate on that matter. Why then no one said Hakkinen wasnt the best and Schumacher was the best? I am trying to make a point, that everyone, everytime, will hate the one who is winning in the moment until time passes, enough time, 4 or 5 or 15 years until they realise how difficult it was and then finally to start to admire and respect. Which will happen with Vettel years later, even if he stops racing today, and no one wins another title, you might say today one thing but tomorrow you will say another thing.

Your Mika statement helps what I'm trying to say.
Just because you win a couple titles, doesn't instantly make you one of the greats.

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or myself right. Just my opinions on Vettel and his legacy.

Your Mika statement helps what I'm trying to say.
Just because you win a couple titles, doesn't instantly make you one of the greats.

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or myself right. Just my opinions on Vettel and his legacy.

I dont see how i made ur point with Mika

He was driving Neweys car and he was regarded as best although he too had the fastest car

Now Vettel is in the same situation drives 3x better in 2x bigger competition and somehow he is not

thats why ...

Difference was, there weren't 3 or 4 other drivers of the same or slightly higher standard at the same time.
There was only 1, and in the grand scheme of things during that era of late 90s F1, Schumacher will always be regarded as the better driver. Whether Mika won the titles or not.

Difference was, there weren't 3 or 4 other drivers of the same or slightly higher standard at the same time.
There was only 1, and in the grand scheme of things during that era of late 90s F1, Schumacher will always be regarded as the better driver. Whether Mika won the titles or not.

Well i am saying the same thing hehe we are clearly not understanding...
I was Schumi's fan and always for me he was better but the majority was claiming that Hakkinen was better.

So, which number do you think he would choose, if not number 1 by default? Note: only IF he chooses another one - don't think he will.

21, because he won his first race at that age, or 23 because he won his first title?

I feel kind of bad that this is being reported. He told one German reporter in confidence and said he wanted to enjoy it in his own privacy.

That shows he is indeed human - he was naive enough to think that telling a reporter something 'in confidence' would keep it quiet...

The reason I think he will prosper even under the new rules, is that he is known for his work ethic, and always willing to learn, leaving nothing up to chance. This is more than what most other drivers can say.

I feel kind of bad that this is being reported. He told one German reporter in confidence and said he wanted to enjoy it in his own privacy.

Not the best idea really.....Vettel thinks, 'who do I tell about this amazing little person that has entered my life........*thinks*........ah, yes a reporter, he'll be it sshh won't he'.

Congrat Seb on the new addition, and all the best fella!

"‘Like all great drivers, simply driving fast doesn’t take that much out of him.

"He has incredible recall, so when we talk to him about the car’s behavior, he’s able to use his recollection to further understand what was going on, and where he can improve.

"He can report back exactly what was going on to an amazing level of detail."

- Adrian Newey on Sebastian Vettel

[EDIT]

This season he is going to race under no.1 while he choose no.5 for the remainder of the career

Last edited:
1601222_10203118472269188_960954494_n.jpg
923070_10203118535510769_1551138643_n.jpg

Now who else does this today?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering