SEASON 9 RACE 4 SINGAPORE "failed" INCIDENT REPORT

i had an incident with peter when he came to a sudden stop to avoid cars sorry for the tap in rear too peter :thumbsup:

had another few incidents with Vincenzo who in my opinion was way to aggressive thumping my car on a number of occasions giving me suspension damage lap 1/2 and when i managed to jump him in pits he came out again behind me and henrik ending in him taping henriks rear puting him into the wall then chasing me to eventualy hit me again to make a pass, im not saying any ill intent just that i felt he was to aggressive on an already very narrow dangerous track that is hard to pass at the best of times lol.

Chirlie,

please, have to be more specific where are the alllllll incidents and I very sure someone like "Nicolai" can help and make opinion about
Chirlie, we need "timestamp" to prove alllllll occasions

146' Chirlie; I didn't see complete the replay yet but I remember only one incident with you
I tried leave room, I saw I am first after take the turn, I have one monitor, blind points I think was a race incident..

other incident
3377' Henry, I think, Henry slow down to early for let me to overtake " on the middle of the curve" take me for surprise, I bit touch and you spun, very sorry for that,:( I like when other express opinion about the incidents

Everybody makes mistakes, but I am very clean driver

the incidents happen - lap 1 , lap 29 2 times , and also lap 35.
i tryed to leave room but its like you are sliding into me trying to break to late for the corners but great race apart from the contacts
as i said before i think they are racing incidents but would just like others opinions as im not known for my good eye lol

Chirlie, I did not see the replay yet to check others incident,, I return traveling on Thursday next week, but I remember after the first incident was a very good race, this track is a bit difficult to overtake, you use hard words like "aggressive" and I do not permit that, but really I don't care what you thinking about me, everybody knows that is not true

i have no idea why you are saying (I do not permit that) and (don't care what you thinking about me) thats just coming across as nasty .

I would just like you to read my post more carefully as i didint mean aggressive in a bad way just that it was a hard track to pass and we kept making contact at same corner so most would have tryed a diffrent approach . but take my post as you will

the time stamps are lap 1 33.1 seconds and lap 29 34 seconds in and last is lap 35 28 seconds in .

i never ment my posts to sound anything other than my opinion, thats why i askd for others views in my 1st post , i was'nt saying vincenzo was at fault for all incidents just lap 1 the others could be put down to both not leaving enough room it was just that it was the same corner everytime.

thanks for reading:thumbsup:

My view on not directly incident related stuff :)

If Chirlie felt that Vincenzo was more aggressive than others I think it is right that he say so. Being honest is what is important. I wish everybody did this and nobody got offended. Chirlie obviously only speaks for himself (as we all do). However, you (Chirlie) should have studied the replay and posted a proper incident report before writing such "accusations."

Vincenzo is a busy man in real life, and when you accuse him of being aggressive and causing all contact between you without posting a video or describing the situation in detail I understand he becomes frustrated. He has raced here for almost 5 years and never been called agressive/unsafe (if my memory serves me right).

But the essence is what Reik sais, be friends, know that you are from different cultures/counties and cut each other more slack :thumbsup:

other incident
3377' Henry, I think, Henry slow down to early for let me to overtake " on the middle of the curve" take me for surprise, I bit touch and you spun, very sorry for that,

No need for me to post the vid, except it could be cool to see that we probably were 3 centimeters away from this not happening.

The incident was my fault, I should have waited until we reached the start/finish straigh until I slowed down, instead of doing it before the penultimate corner.

I would just like to add Chirlies 1st post in the thread wasnt the best and as Nico says its important to watch replay before posting but in Chirlies further posts he did say he thought they were racing incidents and Vincenzo was probably only at fault for 1st one, he didnt think Vincenzo himself is aggresive driver, just that way in he positioned his car that time was aggresive, he didnt leave him room, as you said in that rule we must do all we can to avoid contact, i think this also means leaving room for cars we are trying to overtake.

I think Vincenzos had a misunderstanding and reaction to the word 'aggresive' . We should do like Vincenzo says and ban adjectives used to describe incidents lol as it will maybe make it easier to understand for everyone :thumbsup:

You yourself Nico said Chirlies 2nd 1 looked aggresive and i see alot of similarities with this 1 to the 1st incident with Vincenzo and neither of them look aggresive when in cockpit view just a case of not enough space left by both of them but they both should have realised a car was on the outside of them.

I think its important we race believing everyone is out to have fair racing and we should try and do same on forums believing no-one means harm with posts :thumbsup:

I think Vincenzos had a misunderstanding and reaction to the word 'aggresive' . We should do like Vincenzo says and ban adjectives used to describe incidents lol as it will maybe make it easier to understand for everyone :thumbsup:
I am unsure about this. No doubt it is a tricky area, we have tried different words with little success. But how can one describe what one are thinking if all adjectives are forbidden? If someone thinks it is more scary to have me behind than the average driver, I would like to know. Even though that information might hurt a little bit, it is better than drivers thinking it week in and week out without me knowing. But one should be thourough and thoughtful before making such "accusations" to maximise the chance of it being constructive.

I might add that at the moment there is no particular driver I find scary to have behind me, apart from the fact that I in general do not like to have a faster driver on my tail for a long time.

I agree with Nico. We all must be allowed to use adjectives to describe our honest feelings. We only must remember everytime, that the one who mentions something what could naturally cause negative feelings for another one doesn't mention that with bad intentions. So "forgiveness" and "being toughtful" are always the keywords.

The (over)reaction by Vincenzo caused the trouble I guess.

[...]you use hard words like "aggressive" and I do not permit that, but really I don't care what you thinking about me, everybody knows that is not true

Vincenzo, I hope you forgive me that I took you as an example here. :rolleyes: I'm sure there could have been similar one from past conversations. Finally I'm certain that you too care of what others are thinking. ;)

Not everyone reacts the same towards criticism.. I go all defensive, i know it but at that moment my face goes (internally) red and i can only think ATTACK! Let couple of days to pass and i'm totally different man. I know i'm not lone with this, maybe we only need some patience. It's important to get those initial feelings out, to judge things with our minds being still on the race-mode so posting soon after the race is good in that sense. Maybe it's just these posts that need less hurtful tone of voice and more just description of the situation, like most incidents are handled (i shouldn't need to even add that this is not about any particular incident/post..). Each accident/incident takes at least two people and rarely the blame is just on one of them.

And we can't avoid two people of being crossed with each other for sometime, it happens all the time in racing and it belongs there..It's called F1 drama and we do simulate that aspect pretty well. Maybe we could you use polls to decide the murkiest situations? Anonymity has it's benefits. A lot of leagues use racejury but that don't fit at all here, i rather talk openly and let peers judge me than some authoritarian faceless oligarchy... I think instead of replying right away it would be accepted that one posts "i'll reply later" indicating that he needs to get feelings out of the equation first, ie sleep on it..

I think it would be good if the incident participants always publish a simple clip of their incident if they like to have the community's help to analyze it. This last Vince/Chirlie clips and assessments was made for us by Nicolai. I'm sure he spent hours of his Presto-time on dealing with it. It's not right that we depend on him for doing this kind of job in addition to running the servers and all other league stuff. If someone in the league is unable to make a clip, I volunteer to make it for you. Just let me know the TS in a message.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back