Season 9 Race 2 Spa-Francorchamps

^^?

Found out in the practice race what my engine brake map needs to be: 6.. Quite high but works so much better. The engine uses more throttle than what i press, reducing engine braking. Or i can use lower revs during braking and not suffering so much torque loss. there's a nice consequence: when it's time to press throttle, i have lower revs to keep grip. Mostly i find that my 1st-2nd gear braking had more revs than usual and it took me some laps to confirm i was just using the correct rev range. Really smooth rear action. I'll upload my setup, try it and give feedback..

The fuel usage goes up, i'm not using more throttle during braking phase. I think there might be some similarities to RBR blown diffuser trick but this time to correct driver style and having to carry few extra kg in the tank.

Also i'm soo happy we chose this track version.. Even when imperfect, it's just amazing.. I'll release an updated and fixed version of this track in the RD forums after the race.. I just hope for light rain or any since we are missing rain reflections..

Here's another Spa details page with Track,Length, etc... :thumbsup: yet again while i couldent get to sleep :D
article-2196595-14C6CD57000005DC-510_468x401.jpg

Any idea how to solve the front locking wheels?

I have been using Reik setups and for most of the times Reik uses brake pressure up to 97-98 % with brake bias up to 57 % at the front, i easily lock the front with these settings, i try to lower it to 92 % and move the bias towards the rear 54 something, it gets a bit better but the car tends to take a slightly longer distance to stop ..
I also lowered the brake sensitivity from 50% to 0% but it did not help at all..
it there any other setting i have to look up or do I need to change something in my driving ?

cheers :)

Eau Rouge:
I think the best way to master this is to do it with a minimum of wheel movement. I usually lock my elbows to the armrests and make small movements with my wrist. I take it flat out 99 of 100 times.

Setup for wet:
For those with limited practice time I would say this is a "waste of time". I'll use the same setup regardless of weather, namely the setup I have done all my practice with and are very comfortable with, I will not do any practice in the wet either.

Locking front wheel:
I usually put my bias so that front and rear lock roughly at the same time. Also, I don't brake so hard that I lock my wheels, far from it, I rather dans through the turns and save tyres and fuel.

PS: I never change anything on my setup but:
Wings
Camber
Gear ratio
Brake bias (rearly)
Toe (rearly)
Springs (rearly)
arb (rearly)

In my view time spent on stint practice is time better spent than setup changes. For me it takes time to get up to speed and comfortable with track. I will probably be 1 sec or so slower per lap than last year due to too little practice. If I had 2 hours more or something I would be around 1 sec behind Reik (my potential in race pace).

I noticed that if your having rear lockups and spins because of brakes but you need for some reason to use rear bias on brakes. Like in Spa brakes were wonderful on those faster corners with more rear but then i got lockups in the bus stop chicane.. Raising engine brake map corrected that so the brake bias was what i wanted. It gives out more torque during braking than usual so the engine keeps rolling, forcing the rear tires to roll too. It decreases the amount of braking the engine does too. Increases fuel consumption too, i think i have to carry at least 5 liters extra gas....

Yesterdays practice felt awful.. Couldn't keep focus on just driving, David words kept ringing in my ear (not your fault, mate, i do agree..) I won't make any goals, except to finish without incidents of course, but no position or laptime targets this time. I'll try to really get good driving lines and make the car easier to drive (= more downforce...).. A little bit disappointed for my self, Spa is on my top 3 tracks and i've had a good history of finishing higher than what my level is. But it has been based on the smoothness earlier, now i got too angular and aggressive style.. but i like it so much, sad to let go of it for now, have to wait until i got the right skills for it. byyäähh...

In my opinion the earlier exit is riskier. With the long exit you can atleast see it coming
We should defintaly stick to the right side of the track when exiting the pits

It's the long exit. It's not unsafe unless people booming from the Rouge insist on diving across the white lines. There is time to go full left and pit exit is totally on the right and stays there for few hundred meters. The short exit is possibly safer, less speed but track is made for long exit, people with large number garageslot will be in the GT pits... Wouldn't be really fair if 20 drivers can use the short and 5 uses the long..

I also see no problem with the long exit. The car coming out of Eau Rouge should have enough time to go back to the left side and the exiting car must stick to the right side (inside the exit line). As a reminder it's better to follow the exit lane consequently because it's slippy next to it. :)

Nico, how much percentage of wetness do we have on the practise server? I'm just curious. Did low 51's with inters when I tryed it. I hope I'm up to speed today as I only had one stint test on monday night. :whistling:

66% if i remember correctly. Just about on the brink of intermediates, my wets were a bit fried after only two laps all thou i did spun a lot in the 1st lap... I would have to use wets anyway on those conditions, the grip was really low for inters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back