Season 9 - General Discussion

I thought of that as well David, that it could become Hungaroring overload :) Personally however, I would probably only join a Hungaroring race, but that's just me (I do not like upsetting my flow through racing other tracks).

I do not mind what kind of race we'll have on Wednesday as long as it is to the liking of the average member :)

Since we have two preperation races in the presto forum then at Hungaroring and only at one race its the case that all new drivers are expected, maybe Nico should change the thread titles to
"OFFICIAL Practice Race at Hungaroring 22nd of August - Sign up "
and
"OPTIONAL Practice Race at Hungaroring 15th of August - Sign up "
or something like that to get an overview.
And another thing is to maybe make the threads sticky until they are over?

Since we have two preperation races in the presto forum then at Hungaroring and only at one race its the case that all new drivers are expected, maybe Nico should change the thread titles to
"OFFICIAL Practice Race at Hungaroring 22nd of August - Sign up "
and
"OPTIONAL Practice Race at Hungaroring 15th of August - Sign up "
or something like that to get an overview.
And another thing is to maybe make the threads sticky until they are over?

I do not wish to make it any easier than it is now, it serves as "a test" for new drivers. If one are not able to realise one should sign up for the race the 22nd I have serious doubts that they will be great members who always show prepared, always post incident reports, read what is copulsary in the forum etc.

The 6 new guys that have already signed up are the same 6 guys I regarded as the strongest candidates. All the new drivers that I have had doubts about have (so far) not signed up :)

Was looking at the same thing, still some who have no registered a laptime yet. The season starts in little over two weeks, for veterans that means the season starts now! Remember, when in season, races are (normally) two weeks apart so the preparation for the next race starts at the finish line of the last race. I consider myself as being too late as i started preparations only now, racepace at hungaro is still 1 second slower than what it should be driving comfortably to finish line and am feeling a bit of pressure.. So not clocking any laps is alarming, after all, while this is all friendly and what-not, it's still a competition.. We are amateur simracers, not novices anymore, that requires strict regiment..

Well I've signed up on the Presto site but I have no idea what to do now LOL I have all the tracks installed so do I just do some laps on the hungaro? how do i post my best lap etc? Sorry to sound stupid, I usually play F1 2011 :D

If anyone's interested or is using already MoTec telemetry, reply.. I check from time to time what the graphs say and sometimes to compare setups. More often i look at the best combined laptime, that gives cruel indication of possible pace, for ex, tonight 10 laps with 50liters and mediums gave best combined time of 1:13.0, that's my target for the race. 18 laps, 50 liters on softs gave 12.0 best combined but softs didn't last long enough, all sectors (MoTec has every corner and straight separately..) show the best time in the first ten laps so they are comparable....

I got buttload of custom maths and worksheets for MoTec i2 Pro, i can upload it. The default scales don't fit F1 plus i got tire slip percentages (not slip angles, i'm afraid..), diff lock, antiroll etc..

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%