Season 8 Race 5 Melbourne - Drivers meeting

Started this one early ;) Reason being: i'm so stoked about the real F1 season start that i couldn't wait.. We'll get a real treat when these races starts to mashup with PrestoGP calendar.. Plus all the footage we got to see the meisters doing their race first, we can look at them and apply it to our own race.. That's just great! Also Melbourne is one the tracks i know very well, i've driven there the most in F1Challenge, it's the first race of the season there too.. It's one of my favourite track when testing high speed formulas, there isn't a bumb i don't yet know.

How that translate to raw pace, well, strangely, i'm not that fast in Australia so a lot of practice is needed again.

EDIT OH NO!! I mispelled the title of this thread and there is no more title editing in this new forum...
MODERATOR: Please either delete this thread or edit it to say Race 5
Also: who moderates this forum? In the past we could see who to contact but i can't find that info anymore.

Kennett:
I am glad to see that you take an instant liking to one of the small treats, the fact that we follow the real f1 calendar as closely as we can (within reason). You might be interested to know that this season is the first where we decided to value our two week break higher than the 1 week / 3 week break irregularity you find in the real f1 calendar. For the first 7 seasons we would between rounds have 1 week and 3 weeks breaks if the real f1 guys did.

As for the moderator question, I believe it is I that am the moderator of this forum (although ppl higher in the RD hierarki also have those powers).

First offline test to get some kinf of setup together i did manage to do 1:24.8 on softs, and light car so i'm already on pace. Now it's time to dig archives just in case i find a setup to study. I'll try to make a setup from the ground up to understand better the characteristics of the car. But that easily goes wrong so i need a little bit help. Great to see the servers are up already. +1

It's too bad that there is no good system to red flag a race...
Very true. I don't mind having a race restart.

I'm never keen on re-running a championship race the following week. It has always been the case in the past that not everyone can attend. No crime in asking of course...

However, as far as race restarts go, I think we agreed [after yet another ill-fated Melbourne race :) ] that Nico would make the decision [to restart the race] based on how many cars he notices packing up to go home in the pit lane as he passes during laps 1, 2 or 3? Please wait quietly [you may let off steam in steam] in the pit lane for a lap or two before leaving the game should you suffer a mis-fortune in the opening lap. You/ we might get lucky. :)

Nice video Jim! You can see me being stuck on the curb there for a while :)

I must admit I do not remember exactly what should happen for me to call restart, it is at any rate a very hard decition to make, and it is also dangerous to have a back-up plan (if we crash we'll just restart). I think there is no question that the pressure to be safe is at its greatest when there is no restart possible. But then again, it stinks when half the grid is out after a very few laps. I guess I just have to "wing it" when it happens but cross my fingers that there will never be a situation where I need to consider this (while driving I might add :) )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back