Season 8 Race 1 Istanbul - Setup

I'm curious about your setups guys. Will post mine asap. I'm in the office atm...

@Helder: A 1:21:6xx is very fast, please don't improve anymore. :) I also can't reach my 1:21:5xx from last year anymore, only a 1:21:6xx and some 1:21:7xx's.

eheheh no worries i can't do better i try to low the 21 but i can't and only on 21.6** ... i can do 21 "regularly" but 8,9 and 22 low so i can't better with this setup and dont know what i need to do in the car to improve :p (=

Here are my two best setups.

The "abb"-version is based on Jere's setup from last year. When I started my first short tests two weeks ago, I felt I need a new setup, but after some more slight tweaks it resulted in a new PB (1:21:423) yesterday. :)

The "baa"-version is the new setup I talked about above. It also results in 1:21:6xx and could be a little bit easier to drive.

Both setups are for qualify! I haven't done any tweaks to make them suit for long stints yet... So be aware :)

Attachments

• Reik-Turk-2012-F1-baa.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Reik-Turk-2012-F1-abb.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 370
Hey, can one of you fast dudes post an hotlap here, because i haven't got a clue where i can gain some time. :confused:
Thx.

Here it is. :) Please forgive me the bad sound quality (crackling noise) when hitting the curbs. Need to investigat why the recorded sound is tooooooo loud sometimes. :confused:

I found it interesting to record a lap live from the exact racing view I use. If you wish to see a lap from the T-Cam, feel free to ask...

Thanks Reik :)

The most noticable for me with you lap, besides the super smooth driving, was your narrow entry to T4. I am probably waisting too much time moving my car to the left of the track to get a better angle :)

In addition I see you purposely skip the apex in t6, and also that you always down-shift very quickly.

The most noticable for me with you lap, besides the super smooth driving, was your narrow entry to T4. I am probably waisting too much time moving my car to the left of the track to get a better angle :)

Yeah, I prefer to carry as much speed as possible through the long T3 and to brake hard immediately when the car is back in a straight line and the weight transfer from the right side back to the center of the car has finished. I guess the left side of the track before T4 has less grip, because it doesn't seem to be the ingame racing line (refering on the rubber on the track), so you may have less grip for braking and turning. But it's just a personal feeling.

The weight transfer between T3 and T4 is tricky part in the race for me, because I have to brake earlier even though the weight shift hasn't finished. Therefore it has to be done very smooth, otherwise the counter reaction becomes too big and the tail will get lost when turning into T4. :)

In addition I see you purposely skip the apex in t6, and also that you always down-shift very quickly.

T6 isn't really a corner for me, so there's no reason to aim for the apex there. The only important thing is not to run over the outside curb and to be able to accelerate as much as possible through T6 after leaving T5. That's why I try to take T5 very tight, so I can go full throttle through T6 in a "straighter" line.

btw: I missed the apex of T7 in this lap, so I probably lost 0.1-0.2 seconds and I slightly missed a clean and tight entry at the last 3 corners. There could have been another 0.1 second. :)

Great lap Reik!

I'm curious, can you keep the pedal to the metal from the straight after T7 all the way to T9 slowdown? I have to lift just a little in the beginning of T8 to get the sufficient front grip.

thx Valter! :)

If everything runs fine, I'm able to go flat out through T8 (in qualy mode with warm tyres of course). :) It's a little bit easier to do so with my posted "abb"-setup. The "baa"-setup is under steering more there. But I think a tiny lift during the first half of the combo won't cost you much speed. The speed under flat out isn't much higher, because of the huge rubbing. :) Maybe I'll lift also in Super Pole, because a wide there will kill the lap.

Thx Riek for the driving lessons, I definitely need some brain refreshment on this track :) ,I have done few laps with your setup which is a good one but my best lap still 1.23 flat :(

I will focus to be more consistant in race trimm :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.