Season 8 - General Discussion

Darryl, I think it's all about how the combination of game settings and hardware suit to you. Then it's not important how expensive your hardware is.

I think I'm just lucky that the mod, the game physics, the FFB effects, my wheel and the way I've set up all parameters finally give me a great (real?) feeling. Due to this fact I'm so confident with the car that I can be fast but also consistent.

You have described it beautifully!!!!! It's not what you have, but how you use it. You can give a great player an average guitar and he will sound amazing; give an average player a great guitar and he will still sound average. Not being blessed with the talent so many of the drivers in this league have, I will always be an average driver no matter what equipment I have. The only thing that has ever made me any faster is practice.

I think I'm just lucky that the mod, the game physics, the FFB effects, my wheel and the way I've set up all parameters finally give me a great (real?) feeling. Due to this fact I'm so confident with the car that I can be fast but also consistant. And the level of fun has never been higher in any other game-mod-combination.
Im wondering Reik, are you using any additional software to set up the FFB?
Im driving with FFB set off because I feel too much steering resistance as soon as I turn it to the lowest level in the game.
At least it feels like too much since I sometimes have to make quick steering corrections in these quick cars and thats hardly possible then.
Might be that I have to get a smoother driving style too of course.

I'm very happy with my cockpit, it's comfy, wheel&pedals are just right, modded to own specifications. I'm as fast with this setup than any other, that's for certain.

I can't understand how you can drive without FFB, i would spin in every corner without additional feedback.. For me the holy trinity is visual, sound and FFB, when the game rarely bugs and turns FFB off midrace it's two corners and i'm DNF. Momo Black, 75%FFB, 75%Steering Force, medium settings, off course i can''t turn the wheel from edge to edge in full speed, smaller movements i can't say that FFB would slow them down. It takes sometime to train the muscles for the additional resistance, it's not a lot thou.. Most of the small corrective steering motions is done with FFB. Like China T12-13 it's the FFB that's tells me if i can press more throttle or not, if it's light or FFB gives twitches i know that i'm losing grip.. That combined with tire scrub sound is just too valuable for me.. Also during braking, the locking of front wheels is first felt thru steering column.

Some drive with FFB set to 0% and Steering Force set to 75-100.. Then there's no artificial effects, the game simulates the real steering column movement.. Haven't really tried what is the difference.

EDIT: One thing that's absolutely crucial is to setup the wheel in the windows side correctly before using the FFB, i know that my wheel felt so tough to turn, it was like it wasn't working properly.. Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Properties, there are the base settings for the wheel. All spring&damper settings should be set to 0, Race07 creates those by it self. Also centering of the wheel should be on but set to 0% or 1%, once again, the game does those for you... I've also set Damper and Friction values to negative from the game manually, my silicone layer mod has more than enough of resistance built into it.

Im wondering Reik, are you using any additional software to set up the FFB?
Im driving with FFB set off because I feel too much steering resistance as soon as I turn it to the lowest level in the game.

Oh dear, I think the Simbin titles haev one of the best FFB effects and I realy benefit from them. I hope you can find your settings to enjoy it too.

My FFB settigns aren't setup very powerfull so I don't get tired but get a good feedback. For me it feels very natural, so you should earn some time once you got used to it.

To answer your question, I don't use an aditional software to "tune" the FFB (like real feel for rF) but one tool should be mandatory for Momo users: the MOMORacingFixCenter.exe

I could send it via E-Mail (just PM me) so you just would drop it anywhere and enable it before starting the game.
Without using this center fix, the car doesn't want to hold the line, even though you don't turn the wheel (old logitech bug).

In additon (but not mandatory) I use the DXTweak2.exe (can also send it to everyone). It's usefull to tweak the ranges and death zones of axes. I once needed it, when I pressed full throttle but the pedal sent only something lijke 95% throttle to the game. (cleaning the inside also helps :))

And here are the values how I have setup my FFB in Windows XP and in the game (no need to make a logitech profiler setup like Kennett already said). I have the center spring disabled.

v5d69s.jpg

e9atsp.jpg

nb8coj.jpg

I also attached my controller setup file as a txt-file because of file type limitations by the uploader. So you can either test it by renaming it into "kier momo.rcs" and pasting the rcs-file into ...MyDocuments\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\ControlSet or you open it with editor and copy only the FFB relevant settings into a copy of your rcs-file.

I hope it helps you to get confident with FFB! :)

Attachments

• kier momo.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 562
Thank you very much Reik, very nice of you to make those screenshots and explain everything :)
Im actually already familiar with DXTweak because of the same reason like you, the throttle doesnt go to 100 % anymore on its own.
Cleaning didnt help but with this program everything works fine :)

I googled the momoracing fixcenter but I just found 2 links which were not available anymore,
so would be great if you could send me an email, ill send you my address via PM.
I cant wait to see how you drive, I will practise a bit and see if I can use FFB for China but I will have to make sure that its not a risk for other drivers.

I drove some laps on the server last night and everything worked fine as usual but now I have the problem that my game crashes whenever I press "Internet Game". Is someone else having the same problem?

I drove some laps on the server last night and everything worked fine as usual but now I have the problem that my game crashes whenever I press "Internet Game". Is someone else having the same problem?

Where do you press "internet game"? Is it on your way to the server (I cannot remember what the different buttons are called).

If "internet game" is the button I think it is I have never heard of this problem before.

Have you tried to start up any of the other versions (Race07, GTREvo, RaceOn etc) to see if the problem is the same there? You can race the league race from any of these versions/expansions.

What I meant was the point where the game loads all the servers and shows the server list.
thx Nico, I tried it with Race07 and it worked and now Ive tried it again with gtr evo and the problem seems gone :)
gtr is weird sometimes

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back