Season 8 - Calendar

I thought that montreal was the worst out the 4 tracks by far, when i tried it before voting, after my 1st few laps i thought nobody would vote for it lol but i guess we will see how it goes race day :).

Exploring the unknown will be the biggest challenge there. It's always a challenge for race drivers to compare how quick each other adopts to new conditions. That's why I also voted "blind" for Montreal79. :) I trusted in Peter's recommendation, so he is to blame! :)

Rfactor 2 and spa 60s in the f1 is 1 of the best (scariest!) car and track combo ive ever played in sim racing. Hard to imagine real people driving it, because its like life hangs in balance and slightest mistake and your dead. I prefer the old layouts to i just thought the montreal79 wasnt as polished when i tried it kerbs etc and Watkins or Imola are alot better old tracks.

I'm about to embark on a massive house renovation (both:)and:eek:), it's currently planned to start around early to mid March, It's so massive we will have to move out for 4-6 weeks, I'll be taking my PC/wheel etc to my temporary accommodation (wife's parents) and hope not to miss any events, but the amount of work/stress involved will be huge:( alongside trying to earn my living, I'm not sure how it's going to effect my racing but it's certainly going to be difficult to get the req amount of practice in, I'll just have to see how it goes

It is at the moment possible I will have to miss some events if it all gets too much but I'll try my best not to, just thought I'd give you all a heads up on what's going on in my world at the mo

It'll be lovely when it's all finished tho:)

Jim

I dream of a whole season of tracks from the 60s and 70s like monza, spa, montreal, osterreichring, hockenheim, silverstone, imola, etc, so i will always vote for an old track ;)

Yes, the seventies, places like Kyalami, Buenos Aires, Brands Hatch, Zolder, Anderstorp, Zandvoort,
Watkins Glen, Old Nürburgring... I liked the fun race we had at the Green Hell.

As Sean say's "Rfactor 2 and spa 60s in the f1 is 1 of the best (scariest!) car and track combo ive ever played in sim racing"

I'm a bit of a nostalgic sole myself, the old single seater's in RF2 are just sublime to drive, maybe if we make the switch to an RF2 mod at some point in the future we can have some off season fun races in them when we all have the sim installed

Jim

I'm about to embark on a massive house renovation (both:)and:eek:), it's currently planned to start around early to mid March, It's so massive we will have to move out for 4-6 weeks, I'll be taking my PC/wheel etc to my temporary accommodation (wife's parents) and hope not to miss any events, but the amount of work/stress involved will be huge:( alongside trying to earn my living, I'm not sure how it's going to effect my racing but it's certainly going to be difficult to get the req amount of practice in, I'll just have to see how it goes

It is at the moment possible I will have to miss some events if it all gets too much but I'll try my best not to, just thought I'd give you all a heads up on what's going on in my world at the mo

It'll be lovely when it's all finished tho:)

Jim

Good stuff Jim, when you've finished you can come help me fix up my house if you like!?! I'm only down south, about 2 mile from Stonehenge haha ;)

Hope you all have a great season! - Some real nice tracks there!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back