Season 7-Race8-Interlagos Cuts and wides

I pride myself in doing even lap times (although in race many factors might interferre, e.g. traffic). When practicing stint I always try to have as little time seperating best and worst lap. Also, I feel I am both safe and also have become much better at not making personal mistakes. At the same time I have clocked my safety margins to "do not risk going off track, not "do not risk braking white line rule".

I think a drivers meeting will work out for the best, but at the same time I am not sure myself what the exact best solution would be, but that we decide what the majority decides is usually the best solution :)

Just listing up some alternatives I have thought of:
-Being as strict as today, asking drivers like myself to reduce my cuts and wides dramatically, shouldn't be a problem to do, but at the same time it represents a slightly less thrilling and natural way of racing for several drivers.
-Re-defining the rules to: Intended race line must be within white lines, but you are allowed to push to the limits. A few cuts and wides here and there are ok as long as the intended racing line is correct. (Even though we have a few cuts and wides it is a small percentage of the total of turns taken, so the intended racing line is clear)
-Decide in drivers meeting where it is ok to run wide and where it is not
-Combination of above alternatives

Lastly, I am not trying to push rule changes to suit my driving, As a driver it is only natural for me to suggest things that I think is good. I wish for what the majority prefers to be the rule at the end of the day. So if you like the first alternative best, please speak my mind.

mmmmmm Valter Valter is really serious problem your big cut:mad: Im JOKE:D , I think that everyone of us do always your better for drive in right line and when sometime happen everyone of us have disappointment but run your race anyway because this things not change the strongness of every drivers.No change in rules is needed for me simply respect what's :)

Thank you very much, but I thought you guys would write what you really think about my "almost cut" Hungaroring lap. I can handle criticism:cool: Is it ok to practice that line? What if I make a small cut in Q that I don't see from cockpit?

Hmmmm.... from what I saw in your Hungaroring lap, I thought it was all legal!? That's why I only made that compliment about the agressive style. :) Am I wrong?

It's legal, I appreciate your praise. The thing you said in the chat a while ago about sliding, I have practiced, it's incredibly fun to drive that way.
But is it ok to have that line practised. I could miss just a little and then be illegal. The question is do I have to practice a more locomotive line that ensures staying on track? If I go on like I do and cut in Q, will it be very a serious offence or only bad luck?

To be honest, I don't remember what I wrote about sliding. :) Your worries are right. If you drive an agressive style with slides in Q and make a mistake, you'd easily cut that chicane. That's why I'll try to drive as clean as possible and I'll enter the chicane a little bit slower than usually. Imediately after turning in I'll know if everything's fine, so I can either go on full throttle again or I still have to wait and turn in more to get it well done. That's the deal I always make in such places.

I remember T1 at hockenheim, where I turned in at the wrong point and had to brake a second time and downshift one more gear in the middle of the corner not to go wide at the exit. That's where I lost pole this time. :)

(...)it's incredibly fun to drive that way.
But is it ok to have that line practised. I could miss just a little and then be illegal. The question is do I have to practice a more locomotive line that ensures staying on track? If I go on like I do and cut in Q, will it be very a serious offence or only bad luck?

Up until now the rule has been that cutting and running wide in qualify is very bad :) However, I think the problem is that our current interpetation of the rule comes in conflict with the natural way many like to race. Like you say Valter, you mean no harm and try to do a competitive qual lap. You can not promis that you'll never brake the line ever,

It is not easy to make the perfect rule to make it 100% fair for all, but I do think a large step in the right direction is minimising where any different interpetation has an effect, in other words legalise running wide (and perhaps cutting?) in places where one think it will be no time to gain either way (where it would not make sense to place the aimed racing line outside the track).

Would you not agree Valter that if on Hungaroring you have only that one turn to worry about running wide, (in all other the natural elements, like grass, curb, wall etc, creates the limit) it would be much easier to combine a natural aggressive (fun) way of driving with not being unfair/braking the rules?!

counting to be exact that the cut of a mm or 15 or 40cm off with all 4 wheels from the white line and clearly outlawed! there to say but in my defense that havevo decided to use 1 16 for the race had clearly possibbile use all the way to the trajectory remaining in office, which has not occurred since the beginning constantly pressed by a surprisingly accurate early in the race to filipe I really congratulate you, because I am still in 2 years I could not!
total of 4 times I put the wheels out of the white line is around 1 x lap!
not easy to stay on track with my graphic that goes from 32 bits to 4 bits can be seen even in some moments in my replays!
I took out 100% of myself in this race has been good or bad that I had fun I fought and defended!

what i can work out from that is............

if your counting 15 to 40cm cuts are these outlawed too - YES!

i used 1/16 wing so it wasnt easy to stay on track - USE MORE WING!

feilipe was surprisingly accurate i cant be this accurate as ive only played for 2 years - 2 YEARS!!

i cut a total of 4 times in the race this works out at 1 cut per lap - DONT UNDERSTAND!!

my graphics arent good because they go from 32bit to 4bit im allowed to cut - SORT YOUR GRAPHICS OUT YOUVE COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM FOR 2 SEASONS!!

i liked this race i felt i drove well and had fun and defended well - NOT LEGALLY AND UNFAIRLY

obviously gaetano might mean totally diffrent to what i think............

Up until now the rule has been that cutting and running wide in qualify is very bad :) However, I think the problem is that our current interpetation of the rule comes in conflict with the natural way many like to race. Like you say Valter, you mean no harm and try to do a competitive qual lap. You can not promis that you'll never brake the line ever,

It is not easy to make the perfect rule to make it 100% fair for all, but I do think a large step in the right direction is minimising where any different interpetation has an effect, in other words legalise running wide (and perhaps cutting?) in places where one think it will be no time to gain either way (where it would not make sense to place the aimed racing line outside the track).

Would you not agree Valter that if on Hungaroring you have only that one turn to worry about running wide, (in all other the natural elements, like grass, curb, wall etc, creates the limit) it would be much easier to combine a natural aggressive (fun) way of driving with not being unfair/braking the rules?!
I will certainly try to do the chicane clean. You and Reik are right it's better to sacrifice a little speed and stay in the legal area. And there is no other place where you can gain anything by driving outside the lines.

dear Mr. David saw that I just posted that I cut about 1 to cut around, but that only about 6 or 7 are illegal for error path or another, most fall within 10 cm although this and found how to cut! I do not see all this cutting edge in my favor even think that maybe I damaged a few cents rather than advantaged and clear that she was deeply offended by the first discussion we had and despite the apology, however, tries to ridicule and belittle the myself as a driver inside this world of sim card even try to throw me out of the league and still putting all against giving me a high% of frustration and increasing the possibility of placing a feeding error in the upcoming race at Hungaroring!
I ask once again apologize to everyone I'll try to commit as much as possible to follow the rules, I want to finish this season at least since the last year due to a faulty g27 had to retire!

Gaetano, the only reason you risk(ed) your place in the league is because you did not do what is mandatory for each driver; fill oyt the incident report after the race and solve any disputes and find out what went wrong.

Also, people find it hard to understand that you cut and run wide so much after recently being told, even in your own language by Valerio.

At the same time David, I am getting exhausted by your frequent angry tone in the forum, when I saw the latest posts I didn't really want to be involved in the discussion anymore, but I feared that if I didn't things could get worse. The same way Gaetano is the worst offender of braking rules on track, you are the biggest in our forum. Try to be respectful towards all, a mark of a true Gentleman :)

I have talked it over with some guys and we think it is fair to give you another chance Gaetano. That means you must not run wide in the chicane where it is easy to do so at Hungaroring. If you do so, make sure you lose enough time so we can recognise it watching the replay.

Also, make sure your qual lap is 100% (as I will do). Our standing rules is that there must be contact between white line and at least two wheels of the car. Like in football, the whole ball must be over the line. But two wheels, one is not enough.

Do you understand Gaetano, you must have a clean race at Hungaroring? More important than being fast.

I'm all for second chances too.

Gaetano, your commitment to follow the rules is very good to hear. You must understand that your wing setting is not relevant in this conversation. Running 1/16 means that it is hard to stay on the track, that's why some of us ran higher wings. It's also not relevant to argue that you didn't gain much time. The white line rule means we don't need to debate how much time you won, you just aren't allowed.

32 on the 18th of January makes you 4 days older than me. This is nice.

I would like to sort out our Interlagos incident in the incident thread. I've uploaded my first video... See you over there.

Tim.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies