Season 7 Race 8 Interlagos setups

I will try to make it into this race because this is one of my favorite tracks.

Here is a setup I used for FPWS, it was originaly made by David Zafiu who managed a 1.07.363 in qualify fuel. I personally like to drive on low downforce as I belive top speed will be a key factor to neither attack or defend.

Here is a lap with Anthony Ishak in the PrestoGP-Preview Series. (I would like to apologise to Anthony because I accidently wrote "PrestoGP-Pacific Series Driver" which is wrong.)

Heads up, this setup is made on the Honda.
View attachment Race setup.svm

Thank you Georgios and Helder :)

Here is my qual setup, wings 3-16 and a general soft car with probably less overstear than the faster once :)

My race setup is 2 -15 wings and soft tyres

Attachments

• s7 q2,0.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 374
  • s7 r1,3.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 389
Hi guys,
yesterday I was on the server with our champion, Reik Major and we were talking, he asked me to upload the lap record so I made a short video, but very simple, I am bad at editing videos :D
then I leave you with the lap...

UP! My setup, is nothing special...

Thank you very much Helder! The video in combination gives me an idea how you could drive a 1:06:5xx. With my attached new setup I can often drive 1:06:8xx but not any quicker.

I tested your setup and it gives a very, very good respond. But in some places it's too tricky for me. Your setup is a handful to drive, so you have my full respect being so quick with it and getting all the best out of the car with it. Those two 5 lap races last monday night also showed, that you seem to handle this tricky car at a consistant level.

It's very interesting to see, that we have reached a level where a different driving style results in a better lap time at one track (as it does for you at Interlagos) but could be a bit slower on another (as you said that Abu Dhabi is a problem for you). It looks like you brake late into the corners, so you are fast for a longer time on the straight before and your stiff setup supports this style. I prefer to brake a little bit earlier and carry as much speed through the corner as possible and accelerate early.

That's why you should be quicker on tracks with very slow corners (like Interlagos) and I could be quicker on tracks with much medium speed corners (like Abu Dhabi). On tracks with a good mix it should be equal then. So I'm looking forward to much cool fights. :)

The conclusions I made above are all my own interpretation of what I see but I reserve myself all rights to be completly wrong. :) :)

Attachments

• Reik-Interlagos-F1-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 359
Yes Reik, each has its favorable track, and we have others where we are weaker but as I said before, you are the most complete driver and all the tracks you are in top 3, while the majority may be quicker in one track but in another is away from the lap times, then the conclusion I draw is that you are the best, and the rest of us have the ambition to beat you in certain tracks and why not "steal" the championship or atleast, fighting for it and let me say that your configuration to abu dhabi gave me much help on getting the car to Interlagos with a few minor adjustments, even if the track is different. :)
So we expect good fights, I can only promise my best on every track, dedication and motivation to try to beat the number 1, Reik Major! :cool:
Too bad, not be already in Interlagos, but from now I will have many opportunities to try to fight for the win with you and all other drivers. :)

thanks for setup reik i got new pb with it:cool: i was using 1/13 wing and could get 1.06.8 and with higher wing like 4/25 i could only manage 1.07.2s but with your setup with 4/25 wing i got 1.06.6:)

Great one Sean! I think I can't go faster than1:06:8xx with my style. I tryed to drive it like Helder with his setup but I could also only manage a 1:06:9xx. So I decided to stay with my style and setup, because learning another style isn't done within some days and would mean a higher risk of mistakes in a race.

Sean, I'd really like to see your lap too, because I'm very curious where the fine differences in style are. thx in advance :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back