Season 6 Race 8: Istanbull post race

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
qualifying:

great q, left it very late but got myself into 2nd on the grid before an error cut my game off, so everyone waited and i rejoined the server in 6th place.

race:

race starts get a great getaway, wouldve been 3rd but ahead elizer had spun i tried to go wide but he rolled back into my path and i got smacked into the wall, suspension damage and last, great start.

incident with Elizer ts 117.59 (this was mostly unavoidable on both parts, unlucky id say)

so onwards we go until im struggling to control the car due to suspension damage but still making up some places, i think i was in 18th when i came round last corner to find Joe Issac slow onto the main straight, i get up alongside him and he suddenly veer to the left as if to try and take me out and deliberatly hit me, i manage to avoid this but then at turn 1 he aims for me and goes full speed into the side of my car, i have no doubts in my mind both were deliberate and im sure anyone who watches will find the same, that was very dirty driving and i will not compete in the same league as someone like that, unless serious action is taken against him i wish to take no further part in this league, ive been here a long time and this season ive just not had any luck whatsoever, it culminates in this idiotic act by a fellow driver, sorry this is harsh but watch the replay and youll see where im coming from.

Joe Issac incident ts 577.73 (this was disgracefull and the worst driving ive ever seen outwith a public server)

David

ps, i know some of you will think ive went over the top yet again but i challenge anyone who thinks like that to watch the replay and decide for yourself if youd be happy to be on the recieving end of that sort of idiocy.

EDIT:

ive just watched joes replay, seems we may have had a small sync issue on lap 2 turn 3, he seems to bounce were as no contact on the replay and i didnt feel any, from this point it seems he has revenge in his mind, he goes very slow and stop at the end of the back straight each lap until i come within range then he speeds up as tryin to get next to me to take out his revenge, on the lap of the incident he again waits and pulls out just in front of me and from there, well..... you can see what he does, this was all premeditated and i dont think he should be allowed to continue to race with us, we dont need people like him who do what he done, please everyone watch your replays of joe this is how NOT to drive.

Having just watched the replay, Joe's actions are incredibly shameful.

Congrats to Reik, Jim, and Tim.

As for my race... another race to forget. I didn't practice since Saturday and I got off work late so I had to rush home to make it. I show up late and haven't received a password for the race, thank you to Eliezer for getting me into the server!

Quali: A waste of time since I get a 4 place grid penalty. This bothered me and somehow I was dumb enough to not check my tires after the server was forced through to the race.

Race: I started on Super soft unintentionally, and have to pit about lap 10-11, after that I got bored being at the back and cruised to the end.

Quali:
Im happy this time is the first time that I do my PB in quali Im in 18th but with my proud PB:wink:.
Race:
what say, I enjoyed firsts 4 or 5 laps after prefer forget too many errors and some prob of lag,in lap 14 all is disappeared no more blue points on track-map and for a bit of time see and not see other cars hope in this time that I not bump/hurt someone.

Congratulations Reik Jim Tim and all Drivers

see you on next track:)

thx for congrats guys! :)

I'm afraid a new hurrican develops here :frown:

I watched the replay and I'm very sad now, "speechless" describes it better. I can only say that such actions are all against Nicolais hard work here! :mad:

Congratulations Reik, Jim and Tim!

Q 16th: I had many goes to set a time. I simply didn't have much pace today.:damnit::D

R 8th? The start was very delicate for me. All I concentrated on was keeping some space around me. I think I lost several places in the opening laps and was happy to do so.:) All clean passes by those excellent drivers. :)

After the race settled, I had one of the best events ever:cool:; chasing Vincenzo in the first stint [with Valter close behind] and then Andy for the entire second stint. Thank you guys :) For me that was a jolly good run!

Others whom I raced directly with were Nico, Elizier and Anthony M.:D
Thank you all. I look forward to the next one.

Edit: Sorry for those who suffered misfortune. I'm sure we all will look into it...

Grats Reik, Jim and Tim.

I' am 3th on the grid... it' a robbery! Prefere Keep my real place (11th or 12th) or less, was better. My performance don't have any meaning now... :frown:

nevertheless, I still took plaisure to drive. I was 2th during a few laps, but i only saw Reik for a few seconds... he took me 1 or 2 seconds by lap this champ-UFO!:star:

I have been quite regular, some spins when Tim, Jim or Gaetano were pressure me... I finish 6th, but like i said: not realy significant.

Also saw on video the aggression on David By Joe..... unspeakable! I hope that the race director will take measures necessary.

no hurricanes reik lol just very angry at what can only be described as intentional ramming in a league were we pride ourselves on fair play, i dont know what ive done to deserve this, the small sync issue might go some way to explain why he has done it but if thats the case its not the first time theres been a slight issue and none of us have ever went out for revenge in any race, i really dont know what to make of it, he singled me out for that treatment and id like to know why......

Well I may have over done a little with my "hurricane-picture". Even though you have been the victim of absolutely unacceptable behavior by an other driver, you shouldn't write things like the following in an open forum (my opinion)

...it culminates in this idiotic act by a useless driver...

Don't get me wrong. I don't care about us (the league members), because we all know each other (for example your emotional attitude), we watch the replays and we know how to judge things, which happend in the race.

But an external viewer doesn't have this background and may get a totally different impression of what we really are. :frown:

your right reik, again i probably say things that theres no need for but its one of my more thoughtfull posts i wouldve thought going by my past record, im trying not to be so volatile when it comes to racing and my replys but i think this is the first ever case in presto gp history were another driver has intentionally ruined anothers race so my emotions overwhelmed me again, ill make the neccesary changes.

[FONT=&quot]HI Guys[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I started the race today from the back as usual, at T1 there was about 3 cars of the track (David, Eliezer and someone), I was behind Nico, and I could at 3 occasion overtake him, but the risk is to high, as a GOOOOD driver you will calm down and you will wait for the right moment to overtake. Mr David, on the second lap T3, came from behind trying to overtake me and took me out, my car was damaged, and he kept going. Sorry David but I’m not going to kneel to you to let you pass, you have to wait for the right moment, I believe where you were overtaking is wrong, can’t you see that there is some cars in the front of me very close? And which I have to give a distance to so we don’t crash? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After the ancient with David & specially he did not stop, I said to myself F this, no more Mr gentleman driving, I waited for David & I took him out liberally, so people can understand if I want to drive like animal, I CAN, you ruined my race & I ruined yours, how does it feel?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My understanding is, if you break Presto rules than you should be punished regardless, whether you are a fast or slow driver start from the back.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe what is missing in presto rules is to pay respect to all drivers on the track, regardless who you are, you might agree or disagree it’s your call. Us in Australia, waking up 4.45 am to join the race to fill up the grid, because we promised the league. I have been noticing a fast driver spinning out, loses some positions & than come from behind with aggressive driving pushing you out slow drivers of the track to get pass, why?, are we countless in the race? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I started with PrestoGP, I was an aggressive driver, Learning presto rules, made me very calm careful driver, even a humble driver. I like Presto, Nico’s hard work to run a professional league no doubt about it, all safety rules are in place, but unfortunately there is no respect between the drivers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’m sorry about my behavior today I apologies to the league, sorry David, and you don’t have to leave because of me, I’m leaving, so I won’t join the races any more, it was a hell good experience. Thank you
[/FONT]

Just a quick feedback on Joe vs. David:

I know there is frustration in the back of the field as they do not feel they receive the respect they deserve in the races. I was planning to address this prior to the Istanbul race, but unfortunatly I was out of time for both this and race practice. Now it seems this might have been fatal, I am thinking that if I had gotten to address this before the race it might have lowered the obvious aggression-level of Joe, and perhaps others had been more patient and respectful when attempting a pass.

Although not studying particular situations, I think Joe is correct in the fact that when faster guys goes off the track and rejoins behind "the backmarkers" they are in general too much in a hurry to get past. I myself recognise this feeling of urgency when I see the guys on the same pace as me disappear away from me while I am stuck behind a slower car.

Adding the fact that slower drivers usually are slightly less skilled and predictable as well makes this a quite fragile situation.

Now, this is not meant as a defence for what happened, no matter what the reason it is ofcourse never ok to knock somebody off track on purpose, as David sais, I think it is the first time in PrestoGP history. I do however wish to use this episode to make us all even better in making the races enjoyable for all participants.

Just to underline, this is not meant as a specific message to David T, I think he simply was the unlucky "random receiver" of the build up "backmarker fury". I just want to point out that what happend was a result of built up frustration.

Joe :bad:Shocking!! :frown:...goodbye:)...

Q was abit messed up but i do like having cars to chase :cool:

Race i got passed by a few cars at start being to cautious 1st lap anyway, after that got some great action with vincenzo , alex, david m ( ul for tires david ), kurt, fabrice and tim did i miss any 1 lol. Some great defending and close turn 8s alex :eek: awesome close stuff :D 2nd stint in 4th chasing down tim in 4th and had coming together with bob had to pit to fix wing and suspension back out 14th, a manic end to the race, some good stuff again and last corner last lap getting just by eliezer.

Great fair, respectfull racing by all i raced with :cool:

Grats podium and good finish jim after couple hard races:good:

Just to add , i think a presto gp driver has no excuse for ramming another driver off the road even built up frustation or even if you thought you were deliberatly taking out yourself and seeking revenge on a driver by waiting and ramming this is not prestogp , If a driver does this they are not presto gp material in my opinion.

im sorry but joe i didnt take you out, i didnt try to take you out, you were the looser of a sync issue, im my car and on my replay i didnt touch you, you know what, same as the pish with tim, this is getting turned round and blame put onto me, cya guy im finished with presto im sick of getting taken out then blame put on me so im not wasting my time putting up with ****e like this.

im not leaving because of you Joe, your an idiot who takes revenge on things that didnt even happen, you took the huff because you though i tried to ram you when i didnt, whatever happened was a sync issue like what happened between me and tim, did you see me going on a revenge mission when tim took me out? did you see me going for reik when he took me out in the next race? no because your a bloody idiot who trys to blame someone else for your 3 lap revenge mission.

im leaving because im sick of the facts going astray, yet again its easy to watch on the replay, loads of folk already have, but when it comes to it the blame is put on faster drivers? i tried to get past him on lap 2 or 3, there was a sync issue he got a wee bump from somwhere, not even hard by the looks of it, took the huff, went on a revenge mission but im the one who should be more carefull when overtaking or lapping? no chance.

its been a blast guys but im not wasting 2 weeks of my life any more to put up with crap like that then to be told oh well he had an excuse, theres no excuse for what he done.

cya

David

ps. built up frustration nico? 4 races in a row ive been took out now, im frustrated but i do not do what he done.

joe, you ruined 3 years of fun in 1 race. and id also like to know how i took you out? it was a sync issue, on my screen i was nowhere near you and my replay shows this, i didnt wait because i didnt touch you, and watching your replay if you got suspension damage from that then you mustve been using a car made from wood, you could easily have carried on like i did after contact from elizer.

[FONT=&quot]"After the ancient with David & specially he did not stop, I said to myself F this, no more Mr gentleman driving, I waited for David & I took him out liberally, so people can understand if I want to drive like animal, I CAN, you ruined my race & I ruined yours, how does it feel?"

please show me where there was cars in front of you that you had to slow down for, and please tell me why i shouldve pulled out of that move when i was near side by side with you going up the hill, you were on the outside i was inside, like ive said before there was no contact on my replay in my car or through my ffb, and i did notice when i checked the replay that your car bounced, i mentioned this in my first post, its not like i rammed you then drove away, i didnt feel id touched you and my line wasnt altered so i drove on, but instead of waiting and bringing this up after the race like wouldve been like normal you proceeded to act like a lunatic, ye its my fault your race got ruined? i ask everyone to watch this incident, the timestamp is in my first post in this thread, please watch with an open mind and tell us your conclusions.
[/FONT]

Joe wrote that he pulled out of the league, I realise now that I should have stated that he would have been expelled if he had not done so. I didn't do this because I didn't want to throw more petrol on the fire.

I admit the timing of my post was bad, the wrong content at the wrong time. This is probably because I had very little time lately and have been under some rl job pressure. However, it is not always easy to write the perfect post at all times. Heck, look at my practice start, a true testament that I was not at my best yesterday.

Having said this I think you interpet my post in a most negative way (although it was poorly written). I wrote spesifically that the post was not about you David, I also said that you were a random victim of Joe's rage. Again, I admit I should not have raised the issue of unhappy backmarkers at that time.

The intention of my post was in the lines of: We have a problem of rape in our city, we need to look into why this is happening, what made those guys do what they did. This does not mean that I a) put the blame on the girl, or b) say that the rapist should not go to jail.

ps. built up frustration nico? 4 races in a row ive been took out now, im frustrated but i do not do what he done.

Well done David, you should be proud of yourself (not sarcastic), this is the key for any PrestoGP member, for this game/sport can be very frustrating. You have contained your frustration to a reasonable degree, Joe has not. This means that Joe can not be a part of Presto GP, but you can.

i apologise to you personally Nico, you dont need this crap.

im going to try stay away for a few days and consider my position here, i feel im getting far too angry about things now and it may be time to step back for a while, ive had 100% attendance in presto since the day i started in s2, i like to think ive conducted myself mostly well while on the server, my mannerisms leave alot to be desired in the forum though im the first to admit that.

ill hopefully cya all soon, if i decide thats it then thanks for having me and i wish you all well in the future of presto.

David

David,

Your start would be dommage. I saw the replay many times. At this seeing, you haven't to go out Presto. If you can ask yourself again about your decision, it will be nice for me to racing again with you.

truly

thanks fabrice, its appreciated, it really is.

at this moment in time though i really want to drive f1 cars full speed into stationary objects to take some of my frustration out, preferrably stationary objects with pictures of joe on them.

edit: that was a joke btw lol just incase any of you struggle with my sense of humour :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back