Season 6 Race 4 Wtkins - Setup thread

Hi Guys

I thought to post this early to you..

I have done 2 setups, both based on the famous setup done by Reik a while ago " thx Champion", setup one is with low wings , setup 2 is with a bit higher wings and it is a bit more stable then setup 1...

- just a small tip for those who like to adjust things to their liking-- i found the rear camber somehow has a great influence on the grip of the front susp of the car on this track, therefore i am running with less negative rear camber than normally i do to increase the front grip so the car can turn-in better..Still your opinion is greatly appreciated as I might be wrong :)

- the gears might not be relevant to you, as you know i am running with auto shifting and i have to play with the gears in order to force the car shifting to the correct gear that I prefer for each turn..

Cheers
Anthony

Attachments

• Anthony wat-q2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Anthony wat-q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 259
Here is the famous setup of our Champion Reik for those who did not download it yet .. Maybe Reik has already an update on this one ?:)

i attached as well a setup done by the Presto Gp test driver 'Vodkaman " :)..

Attachments

• Reik-final.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Vodkaman_Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 282
In some of the sprint races we've been having, the guys on the front row have been getting pretty poor starts, they seem to be a bit slow to react to the lights! like they're distracted or something? I was a bit puzzled by this so I've done some more investigating

Ahh... now I see why (see attached)

Jim

Attachments

• capture_2011-03-06_23-49-16.jpg
    capture_2011-03-06_23-49-16.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 270
  • capture_2011-03-07_00-00-29.jpg
    capture_2011-03-07_00-00-29.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 261
My experimental seup

There is a lot of banking at the Glen. A normal setup feels weak. I have experimented with Anthony's, Reik's and Jere's setups and found that I want to use much stiffer springs. I have the left rear spring on about 160. In turn five "Carousel" says Motec 7.8 G lateral force and suspension on the left show 4 mm negative height. For me, the car feels faster when I use spring about 100-110 in the front left and over 150 in the rear left. Front sway bar must be higher than 130. I use a couple of mm packer. The tyre pressure on the left side, 125/133. And I change the settings all the time to try to get balance. I hope I will find it:)

Edit:
This was not ment as a criticism of the fast setups. If it sounds like that, sorry. I'm sure the posted setups are very good. Times recorded with them are super competitive. I just wanted to share my view. If I manage to drive fast with my setup I put it out. Unfortunately, I am just at 1.12.8. (slow as usual):)
And thx to all who share their setup.

Here is the famous setup of our Champion Reik for those who did not download it yet .. Maybe Reik has already an update on this one ?:)

Yes I have an update. Short time after making this setup, Ilearned from Jere, that more RW doesn't cost much speed but adds your more grip. So I raised it from 6 to 13(!). This resulted in a 1:11:7xx.

Today I tested Valters theories. I added little rear springs front and rear ARBs and lowered camber, especially in the rear. Now I did my PB, a 1:11:672. Thanks Valter! :D

Attachments

• Reik-FPES-WatkinsGlen-1-11-672.Vcr
    91.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Reik-WatkinsGlen-F1 ae.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 299
Yes I have an update. Short time after making this setup, Ilearned from Jere, that more RW doesn't cost much speed but adds your more grip. So I raised it from 6 to 13(!). This resulted in a 1:11:7xx.

Today I tested Valters theories. I added little rear springs front and rear ARBs and lowered camber, especially in the rear. Now I did my PB, a 1:11:672. Thanks Valter! :D
Thanks Reik, now I can download and sabotage your setup to my own liking again:rolleyes: Good to hear from a top driver that I wasn't totally wrong in my assumptions.

I can not participate in the race at Watkins.
Have a business meeting on Wednesday evening
But we have many waiting newcomer, so no problem

Good luck all

until next event - Bob Laube

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back