Season 6 Race 4 Watkins Glen - Weather

Here you have the first forecast for Watkins Glen:

Rain is a very present feature in the weather at Watkins Glen this time of year, with long rains affecting many days. There is a 40 % risk of rain affecting a day. Intensity is light to medium, and the rains usually lasts long.

The second one will come on tuesday the 15:th of March, at 19:00 UTC (current UK time).

-----------------------------------------

The virtual schedule to be able to link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: Might be some clouds in the sky, but no rain forecasted for this day. Perhaps some light drops at some points.

Day 2: A cloudy morning, and they are expected to start drop rain around mid day. It looks like the intensity is going to be medium, and it will last a number of hours.

The virtual schedule to be able to link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: Might be some clouds in the sky, but no rain forecasted for this day. Perhaps some light drops at some points.

Day 2: A cloudy morning, and they are expected to start drop rain around mid day. It looks like the intensity is going to be medium, and it will last a number of hours.

Wahooooo, the forecast for day 2 makes me curios!

Guys, just in case the race offers some damp or wet conditions, don't forget to check your tires after switching from warm up to race. The game may automatically give you wets even if you didn't use them in warm up!!!! I always do this double check...

I trust you have seen from the race reports that your weather at Watkins was a true success. I cannot give you a detailed description of the weather from my perspectice throghout the race as I crashed at lap 10. But until then it seemed that inters was the best solution although it was possible to gamble with slicks (as they would last much longer).

Anyhoo, it seems the weather gave the race a dash unpredictabillity that made it feel more realistic. Very cool. It should be said that many were struggling with their telemetry due to some recent steam updates, but that didn't seem to have a significant negative effect.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back