season 5 race 1@ spa- practice scheduler

This is a new thread that will be opened after each race. It is as you can see quite late for the Spa race, but there is still about 30 hours till the race starts.

The point with this thread is to find drivers to practice with. Often it is much more fun to be more than one on track when doing practice stints etc. Also this can help to have some crowded 5-laps races, perfect for practicing safety among other cars.

Personally I plan to do some stint practice tonight, Any time from 7pm-9pm UK time should work for me, so if anybody else would like to join me for a 16 lap race to collect valuable experience, please let me know in this thread.

From experience doing one stint practice can be very tricky because the guys racing have not agreed upon what they should do if somebody crash out after lets say 3 laps. Should the guy ahead ruin his practice and wait for the other to catch up to get company? Should they restart the session?

Personally I think the best solution is to agree that we see the session out, so if for example we are 3 guys doing 16 laps and 1 crash out after one lap, that guy should leave the server and join another server and then (if he want to) return after the race for another try. Alternativly he can of course stay in the garage and watch.

Point is that it is hopeless to still be racing and having to consider if one should restart, wait or whatever :)

Also, if one knows there will be no restart then they might be slightly more careful of taking risks -> more similar to real race

Any views?

To share my personal thoughts (as a driver, a voice like everybody else):

For me, I have to get two full stints in tonight, and as realistic as possible. As time is scarse I will not be able to abort several tries, I need to make it realistic, so if I go off the road I'll get it back on track and continue my stint. If I crash the car I "have failed" and need to prolong the nights practice time in order to get those two stints in.

I usually do this offline, because everytime I do it online, usually with 1 or max 2 other random guys, one of us mess up quite early, the other one waits, we do another few laps, one of us crash and go to garage and the other one joins him there and proposes to restart the session. At the end of the day you find out that you have a lot of practice on the first few laps, but know nothing about the whole stint as you never got to complete one.

Also, the psycology I believe gets affected by the norm. If you know there will be a simple restart if you crash you drive closer to the limit than you would have if it was race night and you knew you would be out off the race if you crash.

I think any group of drivers racing stint together can agree on whatever they would like, but I know what I would like, at least when it is the day before race :)

:frown: I've only just returned from work and logged on, I have been spending an awful lot of time working since returning from my holiday

my new back up drive arrived today and is currently doing it's "thing" and it is the 31st so I have to do some invoicing before the end of the evening

I hope to run some laps in race trim after this but it maybe around midnight so it won't be a full stint but some laps with fuel and hard tyres to get a feel for it and collect some fuel data

Jim

Forgot to post this last night.

I was on the 16 lap server for a race and then went to the 5 lap server as there were more guys to race against at that time. Sorry Nicolai. I would have liked to join you but it was late and I had to call it a night.

Forgot to post this last night.

I was on the 16 lap server for a race and then went to the 5 lap server as there were more guys to race against at that time. Sorry Nicolai. I would have liked to join you but it was late and I had to call it a night.

No worries mate, I was much later than I had expected, so I never had time to do a stint myself. So I got my work cut out for me today :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back