Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Jul 13, 2016.
be careful guys, restrain our hot spirits
Protesting myself for spinning David out in T1. Hugely outbraked myself and went right into the back of him. My sincerest apologies for that one.
Looked like there was some contact exiting T1 on the first lap which caused a chain reaction. From what I can tell, Stephen runs over the inside kerb and bumps into April, Stephen collects the car but in doing so causes Jordan to move left to avoid, who then makes slight contact with Johannes which causes Jordan to get spun into me. Peter then has to take evasive action for Johannes and spins on the outside kerb, who then bumps into David who hits my backwards facing car. Luckily for me the bump from David spun me back around so thanks for that one!
First race was fine, nothing major to report.
Race2 contact me and Francisco Valle .Him was front me at T2 but in exit him lost the car and press me like a sandwich squashed into the barriers
No problem Francisco It happens in the races
1) lap one turn 2 - run into from behind in the braking zone
2) lap 10 turn 2 - driver from behind unsighted turns across the apex leaving me nowhere to go but into his side
3) lap 11 driver on the outside unsighted
4) lap 13 turn 2 faster drivers trying to pass on both sides, driver behind to the right moves left into my right rear causing a spin. this pushes the car across to the outside of corner 2.one of the cars bounces off the other on corner exit hitting me again while off track outside of 2.
5) lap 15 front straight, trying to allow faster cars opportunity to get by before corner 1, run into from behind by 2nd car in string.
1) lap1 first corner: attempted to stay to the inside to let faster cars through into first corner and hopefully avoid a problem. went over the inside curb to give more room which made the car not turn enough so when on track crowded April's space.
2) lap 4 off track excursion due to understeer, this happened a few other times during the race
3) lap 16 almost got rear ended again in the braking zone for turn one
4) lap 26 understeered off course
5) lap 39 run into from behind in the braking zone for turn 1
the setup i was using was either understeering on fast and medium speed corners or would step oversteer on slow corner apex and exit?
I was just too slow?
I ruined Anton Vale's first race
Lap 4, just before that I had a warp big crash with Cosimo Streppone. Very frustrated I tried to recover, but the car didn't do a donut and went across the track... in front of Anton. I'm so sorry, mate. So stupid move, don't know how I could do that
race 1, no incidents to report
race2, incident with kyran, as hes already point out, he hit me at t1, damaged my car and most likely his, he waited while i tried to find reverse (forgot to set a button), it was very refreshing to see him wait for me to rejoin even though it cost him lots of time. all is good kyran accidents happen, thanks for waiting, if anything like it happens again please dont give up your race, accident will always happen and wont be held against you
Had another few incidents ill report on once ive watched the replay
i bet if you look real hard half of them wont even be an incident, just normal race behavior, dont beat yourself up too much, just have a look through over the next few days, mention any that you feel are needed and give the other drivers involved names too, if the incidents are bad enough the other party will post too and then we can discuss what went on.
Incident with Francisco Valle Gonzale
I was approaching T4 without a front wing. Leaving T3 I saw Francisco Valle Gonzale Valerio Vinassa in my mirror and wanted to move out of the way to the outside line of T4. However Francisco wanted to pass me on the right the way I was heading to. I realized that too late and started to brake, but I could not do very much as my steering was limited.
Other view to see the path I wanted to take
I see this as my mistake as Francisco did not expect such a slow car on the road there, also did he probably not expect me to move out of the way the did as he did not know my front wing was gone and I could not take the corner at normal speed.
Sorry for making you crash, hard to know what to do in such short time. Next time I will just slow down sooner and get out of the way when I see people approaching on the trackmap radar.
But you know how it is, I was slightly angry for crashing and going through the settings for the pit stop to make sure it changes tires and repairs damage and then suddenly two much faster cars behind me in the mirror.
No problem, it was also my mistake as i was looking a bit to the left side to control the other car at my side and went a bit surprised when i saw your car too slow, so i tried to avoid it escaping to the tarmac near the wall, but was going too fast. I must tell sorry to Vinasa for the sandwitch at turn 3. It was a very funny race, im waiting next one hoping to arrive the end, as yesterday was not my best day for driving.
That was me, very sorry matey. If I get a penalty fair enough. Frustrating as all the practise starts went fine I was right behind you for all of them, but on this occasion everyone checked up even quicker than before. Tried to steer left but ran out of track.
I was out on the spot anyway tried repairing in the pits but the suspension was badly bent, shame the car is great fun and the track suited it.
After messing up the sprint race I didn't trust myself for the feature race so left it at that, roll on Silverstone.
Race 1, Lap 4, after T1 towards T2.
I just finished watching the official server replay and my local replay. They are different, but who knows why and what happened...
I was in P9, with Artyom just 15-20m meters after me. Around midway between T1 and T2, at the white thrustmaster sign, the server replay shows my car instantly stepping back 10-15m. My replay shows my car slowing down and then reversing direction of motion.
Poor Artyom couldn't do anything but crash, as myself. From my pov, when driving, I suddenly just found myself crashing into the terrain and then spinning and flying around, not knowing what had happened.
Apologies to Artyom.
1) T1 with @Stephen Miller, not a big deal really so don't worry too much about it. But that corner was always going to be hard from that far over to the right, the apex curb is almost a right angle! You don't need to get out of the way in that situation because it's all for position, but that's exactly what it looked like you did. Feel free to hold up faster people behind you, that's part of the point of the reversed grid. And if you feel bad, blame us as organisers for deciding to run the races this way.
2) Lap 14 turn 4 - I tried to peek up the inside of Jordan Nelson who just turned straight into my front wing and caused me to spin. Didn't wait either.
3) Lap 21 pit lane - Jordan Nelson again. An unsafe release by Jordan puts us side-by-side going down the pit lane before I've entered my box. And of course as I started to move over to enter my box, he didn't yeild and contact is made again. What did you expect would happen?
In L40 I came on the lawn of the left side of the start straight, because I had a twisted suspension and came wide in the last turn.The half way down of the straight I tried to release me of the lawn,
but then I had contact with the crash barrier and suddently it throws me to the other side of the track.
At this moment Peter D. arrived and can`t avoid the crash.
Quite unlucky ... sry Peter
Really sorry about this. Just as I was about to be released I heard a car coming in. I had no idea where your car was so I was just going down the pit lane hoping that you had already pulled in or that you had tucked in behind me and panicked. I didn't know whether to slow down, speed up, pull out, stay where I was. Sorry again if I caused you any damage.
only incident was when i lost control on the exit curb of the last turn and took david out.we both had damage after.sorry for that david
The difference you describe is probably due to lag. Your replay will be different from the server replay if there is any lag or stuttering between your computer and the server. Each persons connection can be different, so where someone is relative to you can vary, sometimes quite a bit and sometime inconsistently. Your car can appear to be nowhere near another one on your replay, yet a car spins because you touched it, or you were touched. Sometimes the touch only shows in the server replay, which generally seems to be taken as the base for incident adjudication.
That is why it seems to always be a good policy not to race as close as you might like and always leave yourself an out in braking zones. If you have a choice between racing farther apart and racing closer, further apart can often be safer if you have no idea how much you or others may be lagging.
no problem martin just one of those unavoidable incidents, nothing couldve been done diffrent.
just want to say thanks to all who have done their incident reports up until now, its also good to see incidents being sorted out amicably between the parties involved, this is what we are aiming for and what makes presto special in the sim racing world.
for this first race we won't be introducing penalties as we have so many new members and as always the first races are never without hiccup, we will however pay close attention to reports to make sure they are dealt with and if not then penalties wont be far away.
lets all try to be a bit more carefull next race at silverstone, the more we race together the more we will learn about each other and how each person drives so incidents will become fewer and fewer in the long run.
np Artyon, i tried to aboid you going out the track, but in your same way.
sorry for delay in answering but i was a bit busy..
looks like most incidents resolved very amicably between parties which is great for presto.
just to be sure is there anything anyone else wants to get out before next race happens?
if so speak up now or we take it that all incidents have been resolved