Season 12 Race 1 Istanbul Setup Thread

This is quite good
I spoke with @Nicholai, told me to go out in Istanbul and try the mod, which i did for the first time with Race07 and F3000.

So i entered on server from PrestoGp it had no password, there were around 11 others. My first lap was really slow but right away from lap 3 i was on full pace, almost on limit

First time out did 1.45 then low 1.45, went out second time for low 1.42 and then with some setup tweaks i did 1.41.4 so that in race on Lap5 i did time 1.41.3, so there is already half a second to be found with the little changes i did but too far from your time.

Is it some changes in the mod or the setup i will try it since i am considering and entry in the league. But yet to see how i will stand with the time. Where do i need to put the setup, i have no idea yet :D

Last edited:
Don't worry about the pace at this point. When i joined, i was about 4 seconds from the last in the grid. It was all sorted before first race and i was good to go. We did use F1s then and the setup played a lot more important role. With F3000 it is a bit easier but at the same time it's a bit more frustrating; "magic answers" are great, "it wasn't me, it was the setup" vs hours of practice.

Throttle control is one the things that require lots of attention. Braking is moderately easy due to lower top speeds, but that also means it's relatively short distance. Unlike F1, F3000 doesn't have a high end gearbox/clutch, less gears and less engine inertia to be used for engine braking. This means you need to downshift later. I'm still struggling with rear lockups due to wrong engine revs occasionally but it's getting better (clutch pedal.. i need a clutch pedal..)

But since the game is new, you need to just put lots of laps to get used to Race07 FFB and car handling. Fortunately Race is one of the easiest simracing titles to learn, it's simple, straightforward and content is consistent. It's easier to jump between totally different car classes but at this point, i wouldn't do a lot of laps in other vehicles.

Don't worry about the pace at this point. When i joined, i was about 4 seconds from the last in the grid. It was all sorted before first race and i was good to go. We did use F1s then and the setup played a lot more important role. With F3000 it is a bit easier but at the same time it's a bit more frustrating; "magic answers" are great, "it wasn't me, it was the setup" vs hours of practice.

Throttle control is one the things that require lots of attention. Braking is moderately easy due to lower top speeds, but that also means it's relatively short distance. Unlike F1, F3000 doesn't have a high end gearbox/clutch, less gears and less engine inertia to be used for engine braking. This means you need to downshift later. I'm still struggling with rear lockups due to wrong engine revs occasionally but it's getting better (clutch pedal.. i need a clutch pedal..)

But since the game is new, you need to just put lots of laps to get used to Race07 FFB and car handling. Fortunately Race is one of the easiest simracing titles to learn, it's simple, straightforward and content is consistent. It's easier to jump between totally different car classes but at this point, i wouldn't do a lot of laps in other vehicles.

Yeah the magic answers haha it was the setup etc, thats why i encourage leagues where you have equal cars and fixed setups, like we had in the Championship where i won my title below the picture, equal cars fixed setups no aids involved - pure driver skills and talents. Therefore here magic answers are really common i assume, however i am really not worried about the pace it will come with time, 1.41.3 on lap 5 with default setup in race, having driven for the first time F3000 in Istanbul and all in all F3000 for 2nd time, i am very positive :D Only one came close to my time on the server, he was +0.6 and there were 11/12 guys, at some point one would've come to be faster, given the fact i was driving it for the first time, but it didn't i was lucky Turnball didn't show up :D hahaha

Okay, thank you for the info guys i'll check it out

Yeah the magic answers haha it was the setup etc, thats why i encourage leagues where you have equal cars and fixed setups, like we had in the Championship where i won my title below the picture, equal cars fixed setups no aids involved - pure driver skills and talents. Therefore here magic answers are really common i assume, however i am really not worried about the pace it will come with time, 1.41.3 on lap 5 with default setup in race, having driven for the first time F3000 in Istanbul and all in all F3000 for 2nd time, i am very positive :D Only one came close to my time on the server, he was +0.6 and there were 11/12 guys, at some point one would've come to be faster, given the fact i was driving it for the first time, but it didn't i was lucky Turnball didn't show up :D hahaha

Okay, thank you for the info guys i'll check it out

The cars are all the same, and the policy of Presto is to share setups openly (thus, you can have the setup of the fastest driver if you want, every race).

But the setups are free for good reason, first, some of us would not hold 62 minutes with the fastest possible setup... and second, if you lock setups you lose the tactical part of betting on dry/wet races, surprising weather is one of the nicest things of this league.

This season we should have better 1 stop/2 stop balance, it causes some changes to setups.. But if everything goes like before, differences between setups is tiny from P1 to the bottom. Mostly it's just tuned for specific drivingstyle, i can take Davids setup, decrease rear fast rebound (top drivers are way better than i going over curbs..), raise diff lock, tweak steering lock and that's about it..

It doesn't matter people get, share setups, since it may be for nothing, people have their own style of driving which might be different and yet some setup not good enough, it's good however to share it so more or less everyone would be close.

I noticed one thing, which is very bad. The cars were like ghosts, what i mean is, wheel in wheel occurred thousands of times as if someone went right through me ... those things i hope do not happen

it does matter, presto has survived many years and seasons because we are open about setups, the faster drivers post theirs and hotlap videos to give people with little time to practise a good start, they can view the laps and modify setups to their liking.

sounds like you had some lag or sync issues on the server, they dont happen on the server when we have a race and its very rare to happen at all with f3000.

also register at this link with your ingame driver name and your times from the server will be logged then youll see how your times are against others in the league.

www.prestogp.com

:thumbsup:

I registered already but under username i put Dux51 which is my steam account ... now i need to do another one or ?

register again with your real name, we dont use nicknames in presto, its a requirement to use your real name ingame when racing on presto servers or in league races, when you use your real name in game it will automatically log your times to the presto site providing you used your real name to register there too.

totally agree and thumbs up for that! Real names in sim-racing it's a must

Here is what i managed to do today and i hardly believe anyone can go as far as 1.37 with this. All i did later is 1.40.2 and anything harder than this is either - out of track or spinning

In the video i have a few mistakes but it's almost there ... couldn't go any faster ...
Like i said i did 1.40.2 and i am able to go below 40ty but 1.38 would be too far, for now. I assume more testing should be done :D if you like it please subscribe on my channel

Last edited:
some pointers dusko, you need to turn head movement off or lower it your view is all over the place, also turn your steering force or vibration down so your able to keep it in a straight line, and you can also get rid of the helmet/visor with a small mod file, it helps alot to see whats going on.

the times will come the more you get used to the car, dont take it the wrong way but theres lot of room for improvement there, probably 2 seconds worth easy, watch the hotlap videos and try the setups, it wont take too long with some decent practise then youll reap the rewards :thumbsup:

some pointers dusko, you need to turn head movement off or lower it your view is all over the place, also turn your steering force or vibration down so your able to keep it in a straight line, and you can also get rid of the helmet/visor with a small mod file, it helps alot to see whats going on.

the times will come the more you get used to the car, dont take it the wrong way but theres lot of room for improvement there, probably 2 seconds worth easy, watch the hotlap videos and try the setups, it wont take too long with some decent practise then youll reap the rewards :thumbsup:

Actually i dont have a problem with the view since in the Championship i am driving we are going to drive is x2 faster and x2 shaking, so i am used to it and there are no no problems, i did some mistakes but there is no more than 1 second down from this time i did.

theres plenty more time to come, if others can do it so can you with practise, youve only just started with f3000:thumbsup:

what is making your car weave so much all the time? i think youd probably take 1 second off your time if your drove straight lines, each time you deviate from a point to point is slower than a straight line and it also becomes a problem if you have another driver side by side.

Everyone uses their own style :) But i do agree on camera shaking, it's not good for precision. Seems like in that video there's self induced oscillations, similar to what airline pilots can do without them knowing about it. Would be nice to see MoTec graphs. Less shaking is a bit dull but i rather take steady and dull over unpredictable. I couldn't imagine going thru +60 minutes, i'd be seasick.. There's already information overload without artificial extra difficulties.. FFB set to medium, all the artificial crap off, cameras set to "stiff": perfect.

3s from the top, that's where i am :)

I think for me when we used the mmg f1 at 21s Istanbul being faster it was easier to have slight mistakes and still have good laps, with the f3000 being slower car than f1s its different to get the best laps everything has to be perfectly smooth and carry the maximum speed in turns to get the best laptimes. Still though 37s and 39/40s race fuel is pretty quick for f3000s.
My advice would just try and be smooth Dusko and try a higher gear at a few corners if you using Davids compared to his video your a gear lower, a lot of time it sounds faster lower gear but keeping those few mph in higher gear onto next straight makes time all way down it.:)

Here's some action from last time :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back