Season 11 Monza Setup Thread

Thanks guys, picked the second setup from top post, decreased rear wing and steering lock: 1:37.4 in Time Attack after 10 laps, last three of them were inside a tenth.. Not likely to ever go faster and the setup is perfect. Rear slides just enough to have excellent turn-in but enough to get the power down early.

t I also used the more correct Field of View (60, calculations give out 49) was surprised how much that gave more precision. For the first time i had to move the seat all the way back but there's less "fisheye* warp. Saw this and decided to try:
Much much better. My lap is online if some poor soul is interested of driving against me :) Select in the time attack menu: "use raceline" = loaded, start session and go to online menu when track is loaded. It should be the only one there (i don't know if those even work anymore..)

no setup to post as yet, im using seans setup (thanks sean), im struggling with it under braking though so when i manage to set it up for my liking i'll post it as an evolution of seans.

nice video kennett :thumbsup:

compare it to seans video, brake later, get the power on earlier, and turn in earlier, when your going faster into a corner you can afford to turn in earlier and let understeer carry you to the apex, it helps alot :)

p.s try not to lose concentration on turn 3 :D

Last edited:
Thanks David for comments, that is why i posted the video :)

I think i choose this brake distance, car slowed down with shorter brakes but experienced locks and snap oversteer. I noticed too that there's too much delay on power down, i'll try you suggestion of slightly pushing against oversteer to hit apex. I'm not sure if i should turn in sooner as i got tendency to do that naturally, making them rounder usually is the important last second improvement. I have to think about that more. But most likely i need sharper motion on wheel, more decisive. Good pointers, i need to continue recording and sharing :thumbsup: And nice that you didn't mention last corner, one can take faster but i chose the shortest line possible, if i remember correctly it's about a tenth faster at finishline but you loose the same amount before turn 1..

The new FoV really works. I was testing arcade-mod and for fun took old wtcc87 Alfa to a fresh track that has 80% drygrip, bumby as hell and i didn't even notice (note, i had tested for an hour with 900bhp pikes peak 4WD Audi on arcade tires with 2.4 times the grip..). 3 laps on a 7,5km track that is at least 2 times harder than green hell and all attempts landed within a tenth on first try.. The road is soo much wider and it just feels like there less speed and more time to do things.. Corner entries seems a lot wider and easier now.

Good that i'm testing this now before the season starts and first in a practice race. I'll be extra careful with cars beside until i get used to new dimensions. Won't expect that be any problem, i trust my racecraft.

1.34.9? dont think thats anything to do with me bob, my pb atm is 1.35.6.

heres a hotlap video and setup to start us off, small cut at the 2nd chicane 3 wheels off track, it will do until i beat it , which shouldnt be long i managed exactly the same time on my own server last night:)

and heres the setup :thumbsup:

ive no clue if this setup is the right one, if its not ill post the correct one when i get a chance to get on again, it should be a decent start though id imagine.

EDIT: this setup is from a version of seans setup.

Attachments

• David Monza One.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 299
Waiting for Nicos setup ;) I need to learn how to do similar kind of rear Firmly on the ground. Comparing that video few posts above there is a clear difference on style than what i did in Suzuka. My current setup is oversteering, very low wings and i need to go totally opposite.

^^ Of course not, Monza is different kind of track.. It needs a bit of kick in the rear but i got it pretty good. Lowered rear slow rebound values closer to fast rebound, helps a lot when dealing with curbs; it let's the rear tire to drop the ground faster (i adjusted front ARB to suit for softer rear) . 10/13 wings but a bit undecided about the gearing. I could get a bit better overall laptime with 6th gear riding on the limits (22/24) but it's not much. I think even you can lower the 6th gear by one step (from 22/23 to 21/22) at least in qualy.

I'm pretty much convinced that using more conventional rear toe is the deciding factor in your setups. It's so much easier to get exits. Also in this setup, engine mapping was already 0 and i raised brake engine mapping to 1.

Now i'm doing few short tests on 3rd spring settings, they could be disabled for all i know. But this is perfect track for that kind of trickery (less ducking while braking but the side-to-side bodyroll is not changed, if i understand it correctly. If i don't it's the opposite, more ducking while braking and side-to-side roll unchanged in both cases..) . edit: 3rd springs disabled :( Also differential power side is disabled, it follows pump settings, like in other SImBin vehicles.. Final gear ratios can't be changed, it has only one setting which is a shame, 6th gear has a large gap in ratios just where i would need it to be.. well.. cant win everytime all of the time. Uploaded my current setup, it's 99% what i will use in the race (no fuel math done yet). Tire wear is minimal so it's one stopper, first one this season..

Attachments

• n002.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Fyi
I think all the testing I've done in the past the default engine and braking maps are the fastest and best changing only makes it slower to accel not really affecting braking if it indeed does anything at all, you can control more with throttle in braking:thumbsup:, also 3rd springs etc don't make any difference as does all the rest of the extra stuff in notepad or setup tool.
Just a few tips :thumbsup: also this could be 1st time ill try 2 stopper this season going by some stint practise :confused:

BTW, that tactic i mentioned in the other thread of looking past apex for the exit.. Multiplied when going thru chicanes. Once i started to look past both turns in to the exit.. delta showed green, every time. It's kind a funny to go thru those turns without even looking at how you're doing it. Once the track is really familiar and you are in the flow, it does not matter. Everything happens automatically, all you have in your mind is "i need to get there and pointing that direction" and your brain does some fast math: buum, you're there, car is in balance and you can press throttle with ease. Note, this was practice with 125l of fuel which i think favors smoother and let's say more planned, wider archs.. Hard to say in text but i think you got what i mean, your car need to be settled without any twitching.

At last i settled with tighter gearing, more balanced aero 11/13 and a bit more weight to the rear. Without Parabolica 10/13 would've worked but the car pushed out too soon. Now one has to be careful on Lesmos and Ascari, i think this the same for all no matter what style/setup.

1:40s with 80-125 liters, 1:39 with second stint fuel (not gonna tell you everything... :devilish: ).It's slow but at least constant, should be going 1s faster but if i get this "look-ahead" style, i think i can get there in the actual race.. It really does help ( eyes at braking mark = brakes full, locate exit,.brakes start to ease up automatically, throttle applies it self automatically, turn-in without looking at apex (most likely eyes use microsaccades thru out the turn, similar to reading a text but it's not conscious, ie faster) and then it's waiting for a "i'm ready" signal from the car). Brains are just calculating those curves you need to make and you focus is where it's suppose to be.

Fyi
I think all the testing I've done in the past the default engine and braking maps are the fastest and best changing only makes it slower to accel not really affecting braking if it indeed does anything at all, you can control more with throttle in braking:thumbsup:, also 3rd springs etc don't make any difference as does all the rest of the extra stuff in notepad or setup tool.
Just a few tips :thumbsup: also this could be 1st time ill try 2 stopper this season going by some stint practise :confused:

Yeah, not much brake engine mapping in total so changing it does not affect anything, really. I can brake without fear, a small blip before trailbraking on 1st gear that's all. On engine mapping, there's is skill involved. I'm not afraid of slowing my theoretical speed in favor of actual speed. In Suzuka it worked but i have to say that i'm missing some grunt in Monza. But even one spin is too much. I rarely hit the limit with (22/24) 6th gear so i went with tighter gearing, it compensates some of the lower torque loss (less time spent on lower revs, aka RBR tactic). Start of the straight happens about the same speed but tighter gearing started to pass before the end of the straight, only 4km/h max speed difference in the end and the wider gearing didn't catch (275km/h versus 279km/h without tow but i can afford to sacrifice overtaking, not gonna do much of that anyway....about a tenth faster overall) It should ease my fuel usage, in Suzuka it dropped to same values that others have.

It's a bit different for front runners who all have to sacrifice 6th gear to have any chance in the race and you have to take risks to get more theoretical speed, which is closer to your actual speed anyway.. Realities of life..

Last edited:
kennett, you make it far too technical on yourself man :laugh:

all this torque and trailbraking and wider gearing IS NOT helping you!!

settle yourself down, load seans setup or mine or any one you want, practise driving the car (the f3000 i mean not something that has absolutly no bearing on how you should drive what we use), when i say practise driving the car i dont mean do half a lap, change something then try again, drive the car for an hour, same setup, if you crash, quit and try again, constantly do this and i guarentee youll improve in speed and consistancy, practising some tintop on a track that doesnt replicate anything we are ever likely to use is doing you more harm than good.

ive offered before to give you some pointers, well here it comes, practise race07 with f3000 on the track we will be racing on, nothing else will help.

and this is ment in the nicest possible way kennett ;)

Had some practise over weekend using my previous Suzuka setup edited and diff wings.
Can still do around same times with olds for here and this so probably not all that much in setups anyway but here's new 1. ( If practised with previous its also probably best to stick to 1 you are using)

Thank you!:notworthy: Finally a Monza setup that agrees with me, ive been hopelessly slow around here with every setup I tried before this one

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%