Season 11 Monza Setup Thread

Sean, that tintop video was done off season, i still build tracks and i have to test them with all kinds of cars in all weathers. I just use same track with F3000 to warm up for F3000....

If my times would improve by going hundreds of laps, i've be multiple times champion by now. If times wont change, one has to think what is wrong and that is a process that just simply does not improve by doing things like one always has done. If i couldn't try different things, i might as well stop racing. There would be zero point to continue, my laptimes haven't changed since the start, rather i've taken steps back. Biggest reason to skip one season was exactly that, there was no point doing that one, most likely Race and all other sims would've been uninstalled, wheel bolted off and firmly in closet. If there was nothing wrong with my driving, i would be at the top, right? And i don't know what is wrong., i have to find it, basically the only reason i continue this futile attempt.

In PrestoGP i've understood the importance of getting a good exit. I get there with lower apex speeds and sacrificing entry. I take very little risks: tail slides once per lap is too much. I can do faster times but i wont last half a lap, this F3000 really starts to side at some point when i get closer to competetitive laptimes.. This risk is about 2 seconds per lap. Noticed this with a lot of series, you can go faster but it's soo risky, car needs to be at the limit of losing control and this is pretty obvious.. Not to mention my concentration wasn't build up for that, no way i can do qualy 110% laps all the time. Once you get comfrtable of doing those laps then it's different, i guess. I'm not going to kid myself, the road is long and no amount of laps will help me if i don't find that fundamental flaw first. With F1 this was worse, everything happened soo fast that i was completely lost, F3000 at least gives time to think.

Last edited:
it was me kennett :)

but its not futile at all, thats the problem here, your putting so much time and effort into the technical side of it and forgetting the practical side, i know you build tracks and need to test thats all well and good but your forgetting that you drive in a league that demands time be put into the vehicle weve chosen, the time factor doesnt need to be countless hours, it just needs to be some hours focusing on the right things, improving for you isnt down to any particular setup its that i think youve came from a tintop background and still treat it like that in alot of ways, these are diffrent animals and take a diffrent approach, like i said before, practise practise practise with them, quit and retry, its not real racing it doesnt cost us nothing, you will get faster all round if you focus on the right thing and that at this moment isnt setup, its pushing the f3000 to the limits, get closer to the edge of track, get the power on earlier, turn in earlier, if it doesnt work, try again until it does, forget setup, use one of the many posted their all good.

remember im not writing this to try and piss you off im trying to help you, just try the less technical approach and see where it gets you, im convinced if you just stick to the fundamentals of driving the f3000 you will improve no end :thumbsup:

One needs a solid setup too. Tintops it's different, setup is less important.. I think it's more of getting used to that weird floating feel when F3000 goes over the limit and staying there. I did about 60 laps today, half were long stints, rest was setup for 125 Liters.. There's physical limits taken so much weight. Overall, didn't spend so much on setup as it might sound and ended up with better than what i started.

I do have other gaming responsibility, i'm not on several private test groups, one of which is going thru major changes but fortunately that one doesn't involve racing. It eats a bit more time but i can manage to spend few hours on PrestoGP practice. I do it mostly offline as i really want to have replay function (i can see if rear drags on the ground, did i cross the white lines etc. i can't use it often, it breaks the lap..)

Last edited:
what do you mean by wierd floaty feel?

i dont experience anything like that, could it be force feedback or visual settings causing you problems then? post up your settings and will see if can help with that, and a solid setup is any of the ones posted, honestly kennett, once you know how to push the car to its limits setups then start meaning something, sometimes a tiny change could result in time diffrences but at the moment any time gain you are getting could just mean youve had a slightly better lap and the setup change that got you there was a placebo effect, trust me, i had 5 long seasons of being inconsistant and mid pack before i could even mix it at the front and even then at the time reik was so far in front it made me push even harder to practise more.

I use delta times, updated every second, that removes all kinds of placebo effects.. ;) All cars start to hover a bit when you are getting close to their limits, on the edge. Movements become more aggressive, less safety, more risk. On my laptimes, setup has less change, setup is more about getting there more often and without mistakes. I can usually do same laptimes regardless of setup. One might twitch, one might be too stable, both requiring extra effort and concentration.

My setup was posted earlier. And trust me, think and try basically everything you guys suggest. I just know from experience that too many laps and laptimes start to sink.. Doubt kicks in and then the setup-hell is ready to stat.. I need to stop before that. Few years ago my driving line resembled a V rather than U. Laptimes didn't improve with drivingline but my tires last several laps longer. The gain happened much later with trailbraking.. Step by step and at the time of my "discovery" of those concepts, i didn't really know what they meant. Now it's carrying speed thru corners (i think) and that means a lot of things need to happen first. The look-ahead actually promotes lap-after-lap and less thinking, less concentration on technical stuff and more about driving and is precisely meant to help carrying more speed thru corners. That change is different from what i've seen so far in delta, it makes entry faster but does not mean any penalty on straigthline speeds. And cannot be used before basic concepts are in the core.

Here's my latest setup. I took the latest one from Suzuka, reworked it and quickly improved from 1:35:7xx to 1:35:4xx. Hope it helps but I'm not sure if it's too sensible on the rear for others, so use it at your own risk. :whistling:

I have no time to record a lap, so if you are interested in watching my lap, just drop the attached "txt"-file into ...MyDocuments/..(bla, bla).../ReplayData, erase the part ".txt" from the file name and watch the "real" vcr-file ingame. ;) :whistling:

Attachments

• Reik-gb.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Reik-FPES-F3000-Monza-1-35-441.Vcr.txt
    109.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%