Season 10, Race 2, Silverstone, Setup thread

To make it a bit easier to navigate through setups :) It would be nice if this thread evolved slightly from last season, where this season we only have one post each that we can edit as our setup evolve. (Comments and gratitude can be done in eg. this thread which is more of a general discussion/conversation around the race.)

Hi everyone, i start practicing silverstone yesterday while you were all racing :) I wanted to share the setup with which i did my best lap. 1,46,4 (with 5 lap of fuel and rad 2). I started with lower wings, felt the car was not bad. Then i try to increase both front and rear by 2 and got faster by 0.6. Is it due to setup or better driving??? i can't tell.

I'm not the fastest rider, but you will have something to start with at least :)

See you soon on track :)

Steeve

EDIT:
i complete a 22 min race. Made 13 laps, best was lap 11, 1:47:5 and tires was still in very good shape. So if its still 1x tires wear, forget about 2 stop strategy :)

Steeve (your volunteer test driver) ;)

Latest setups upload, its qual setup with rad at 1. They are the ones i used for collecting data's. I may increase front wing from 23 to 24 for better stability in fast corners.

Steeve

Attachments

• Silverstone F3000 Steeve qual.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 247
I have no idea what will be a good time at Silverstone with F3000, but I'll start testing soon...
Btw I heard that we were going to run in the rain in Britain... :rolleyes: :p

1:47.000 for now, well some mistakes and laps when i can left 0.500 or so, first impression, love this Silverstone layout [even if before isn't on my list of favorite circuits] with Formulas is so nice this fast corners.

Later post the setup, with some improvements.

And i dont know but sounds like 46/47 it's slow...lool well too soon for it, let's training and wait for some results.

Attachments

• HF_Silverstone.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 248
Post reserved.... pedals fixed...

004: My first setup (1:49.1). I used Helders base from Istanbul, changed to better suit myself, a bit understeering (diff coast, rear toe, front ARB, brake mapping) and a bit easier on the curbs (rear rebound). I think tire pressures should be higher with that camber, insides are heating up while center is lowest value (these are NOT MMG tires, regular tire pressure rules are in place..) but i need to decrease front tire temps anyway (most likely i need to set it back to less understeer and handle the issue with better throttle control)

Gears are longer with 1st set to lowest speed corner.

My setup version numbering should be easy to follow ;)

007: 1:48,7 Less understeer. More balanced, better turn in. Less Front ARB, different aero balance and some minor toe ine adjustments on both ends. A bit twitchy at high speed corners.

Attachments

• Silverstone_004.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Silverstone_007.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 260
My setup, based on Marko's, but with much less oversteer. I suspect that make it slower, but easier to drive :)

Do you remember wich setup changes make it less over steering? I'll be home late short time before the event but I'm very curious. ;)

I will use my Istanbul setup. Only the wing will be different, W 22/23. Fuel quantity for two stops.

Lol in the beginning I tryed the same with my (Helders) Istanbul setup but was never able to get it stable here.

If I want to change the balance to less oversteer in general but in particular "slow" corners I soften the rear (softer springs, less arb) or stiffen the front.

If I want to change the balance to less oversteer in faster corners I have relative more rear down force.

This has not to do with the balance, but I also adjust tyre pressure to get the middle temp between inner and outer, and I adjust camber to give 5-6 degree difference in temp between inner and outer part of the tyre. This stuff I didn't bother doing with the mmg as I didn't trust the finer details in setup theory would apply. I'm not sure I can with the f3000 either, but I chose to do so :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.