Season 10 - Preliminary Calendar

Sideline reporter here: Magny = full blown F1 track, everything up to FIA standards, not on the real calendar due politics and poor hotel facilities. Imola = poor historic reputation due to one black weekend in 94 and again, poor accomodations..And i like to add one more: Estoril, poor hotel facilities, Portugal, Ecclestone hates portugal, i don't know why but something they did 20 years ago.Jerez is there too but this is one that bernie admitted, they got in to a feud, bernie never forgives without substantial amount of money.

All those four tracks are absolutely the best there is amongst the other more legendary European circuits. Some better than what we get.. They should be up there with Monza, Nurburgring and Silverstone... But due to external factors, they are shunned from the calendar. If Spa wouldn't have the amount of prestige and favored by fans, it would've not be on the FIA calendar after 98'.

I should include Paul Ricard but i don't like that track, it's designed to provide telemetry and it shows. It's good that no one suggested that. It's up to standards but once you realize the analyzing purposes, it's not fun ofr racing. From all those that my pick would be Magny, Estoril and Imola. If Imola then the latest Race07 version, 08 because it shows nicely how a beautiful track that has prestige, legend and history can go bad with poor maintenance... Just look at the grass patches between 07 and 08 versions... Fortunately 09 they started a long restoration process and '11 it was beautiful.. They even modified the corners to somewhat logical from what they were left after 94, removing the last chicane in 08 (that is a must!) and smoothed the track and tweaked the curbs... But we don't have that version...

08 Imola is THE bomb there, fast, unforgiving and has natural shapes for overtaking. Magny is always satisfying and guaranteed to work with any class, any weather. Estoril lacks some character, it's really good but doesn't have that legendary feels to it.

I will make up my mind about racing later. Tested F3000, was 5-6 seconds from top in Monza so it's not looking good (with practice it'll be 4-5 seconds and i'm still way behind everybody.. i'm interested in racing with other people, if i want to race alone i can do that.. right now..). But this league has been perfect for my view how racing leagues should work so if i'm not racing, i'll be here for other stuff, providing my view on things that i know from behind the scenes.. That includes helping Daniel with the weather, hint hint ;)

no probs kennett :thumbsup:

just to keep this active, here the track list for the vote to replace montreal, we need 2 more suggestions.....

paul ricard(dinos suggestion)
zandvoort(valters suggestion)
valencia street circuit (my suggestion)
hockenhiem 99(seans suggestion)
vlm fuji(seans suggestion)
mugello(kurts suggestion)
magny cours(nicos suggestion)
imola(nicos suggestion)

imola(nicos suggestion)
kyalami(valerios suggestion)

:)

weve always managed to get on alright at monaco with faster cars and less grip so no reason why macau shouldnt be added whatever car we're racing....

imola(nicos suggestion)
kyalami(valerios suggestion)
macau(peters suggestion)

i think that gives us enough option for a vote to replace montreal on the season 10 calender, thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

Macau [probably only sane to consider if we used the F3000{and dry weather)]
weve always managed to get on alright at monaco with faster cars and less grip so no reason why macau shouldnt be added whatever car we're racing....

Yeah, i think most important ingrediant to make it work at Macau is if the grid is filled with PrestoGP racers, that's all the safety required (am I being too arrogant? :))

Seems like we haven't decided which track to run, in the final round.
I like so much how it looks in first topic, with Montreal included on the season calendar's.

Montreal is my favourite track at all! :rolleyes:

we probably wont decide until during the season helder, seeing as its the last round theres no rush, its probably not the montreal your thinking about, i too love montreal but not this version, the montreal gp version cant be used without permissions, the version we used in the past is an old version of montreal thats diffrent layout and just not a very good track for racing on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back