WIP Sears Point Raceway (Infineon Raceway) Sonoma

LOL... I've been pondering a potential real estate transaction and totally out of touch with rF this week, so this is the first I've checked back. In my daze, I was totally blown away by the photo-realism in the first pic... it was while looking at the second pic that the truth finally dawned on me!

LOL... I've been pondering a potential real estate transaction and totally out of touch with rF this week, so this is the first I've checked back. In my daze, I was totally blown away by the photo-realism in the first pic... it was while looking at the second pic that the truth finally dawned on me!
HAHA, I wondered if that would catch anyone out :p

R Soul, here is something I found out that you will like, for the pitboxes, you can link objects inside the instance.

Instance=Pitbox00
{
MeshFile=pitbox00.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
Instance=pitbox00_collision
{
MeshFile=pitbox00_collision.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
}
Instance=pitbox00_shadobject
{
MeshFile=pitbox00_shadobject.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Dynamic, Solid, 256, 256)
}
}

So now I can remove collision and shadow caster from the pitboxes and save a few fps :)

Eric, R Soul, Emery and Garry, I have sent you the latest build, it should be ready for release now. I took a step back and spent a bit of extra time to sort everything out, I didn't redo the walls like I said I wanted to but fixed everything else up (I think :D).

Make sure you remove any previous installs.

I haven't seen kriv for a while so I hope all the aiw and timing gates are right.
------------------

Also to anyone who is interested, I did plan to convert the track myself to GTR2 and Race07 etc, but I won't have the time to do it now.
I welcome anyone who wants do do the conversions and will support any questions regarding them. There are a few tricky things that I have done that will make a complete conversion with simed not possible, So some things will need to be changed the way they are used.

In my usual DX8 mode the track now loads, and the framerate is good.

The pit lane exit issue remains unresolved.

There is a gap in the tyre marks on the drag strip:

Happy New Year mianiak and THANK YOU for continuing work on one of my favorite U.S.A. tracks! In the event that you have not begun to port them to SimBin titles; I have done very basic (but fully functional) conversions of your little gem to GTL, GTR2 and Race07 but the textures, shaders, etc. are not up to your standards and will definitely require your magic touch before public release. I will forward either or all conversions to you if you want them.

Thanks guys!

Nice Gary, I appreciate that, do you have the latest version Beta0.2.7.1 ? you should be able to append the link you already have if you don't.

Beta0.2.7.1 is ready for release as far as I am concerned. I have just shared it with a league for now, seeing if they give me any feedback. No one has said anything so I take it that everything is working ok.

I am releasing a test version of this track for rf2. I hope those of you who have been waiting for its arrival have rf2, if not, then not to worry, the rf1 and race07 version will be coming soon.

My purpose of releasing this test version is to test the packaging/mod system for rf2.
It is a complete rfmod package that includes the track and a reference to the Meganes. It also contains an update.
It's setup to use the Full Course, sometime soon I will upload a virtual mod for the FR3.5's on the INDYCAR Course and the Vintage F1's on the NASCAR Course. That should give a nice variation of the different layouts. But for now, I'll just start with the Megane's to make sure everything is ok.

There is no need to report any bugs or missing things, as there has already been a lot done since this was packaged, I have been working on the animations, there has been some remapping of the terrain and new grass textures. I have also been working on adding more TSO's and improving existing TSO's. The cameras are being tweaked to remove flickering and shadows disappearing.

Anyway, here it is, I hope you all enjoy it
[ED] To save me having to make multiple posts and also to save me from forgetting to update another post, I will keep all the download links listed on the isi forums and link to them.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3868-Searspoint-Track-vmod-update-packaging-Test-Release

I know this wasn't released, to garner critique. I felt the need to say though, its ace. I'd really like a GT2 'Vette now, lol.

I look forward to taking the NAGT round here, thankyou.

Could I request, a GTL convert too?, somewhere along the line.

Finally, I got around to fixing up the few small things that needed to be done. Sorry I took so long to do this.

There is a GTR2 and Race07 conversion being finalised now by gwaldock and should be available soon.

Please remember that this is a beta and due to my new interest in rf2 I probably won't do any more work on this for rf1.
However I welcome anyone who wishes to have a play with it.

You may modify and release modifications to this track as long as you give due credit.
You may use any models within this track for non profit projects as long as you give due credit.
You cannot use this track or any of it's contents for financial gain.

Enjoy!

SearspointRWBeta0.2.7.2 (rF1) GameFront
SearspointRWBeta0.2.7.2 (rF1) Mediafire

Those of you who have been testing and have Version 0.2.7.1 can just download this small patch. The only difference between 0.2.7.1 and 0.2.7.2 is the loading screens and the readme.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21504413/SP0_2_7_2_UpdatePatch_rar

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back