Resource icon

MGP17 Seamless Gearbox + Camera Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
roffcoff submitted a new resource:

Seamless Gearbox + Camera Mod - Realistic transmission

Tweaked the MotoGP shift up times to make the transmission seamless like the real thing. Also shortened the Moto2, Moto3 and Redbull rookies bikes to better match real upshift speeds.

Incorporated some camera changes courtesy of Adams007 plus some I made myself, mainly the ground camera made to match the perspective of the onboard laps seen on the MotoGP website. The front wheel replay camera is also changed to this perspective.

Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

I've seen that you have modified only the fUpShiftTime from 0.1 to 0.01, why not the fDownShiftTime? From what I know seamless gearbox works both ways...

P.S. Mind if I use this on my realistic gear ratios mod?

Haven't done much testing, the stock upshifts bothered me most. Please use it in your mod and tweek to your heart's content :)

Do you modify the ratios using data tables as reference or by feel?

Yeah, the funny thing is that I was playing and I thought just the same, the freaking slow default upshifts and then I came here and saw your mod LOL

Regarding the ratios, I eyeballed them from the real telemetry and tested it in several tracks:

COTA: default bike setup works ok (final gear at 3)
Assen: final gear should be set in game to 0 or 1
Losail: default
Jerez: final gear at 0 or 1
Mugello: default
Barcelona: default
Argentina: default iirc

Last edited:
Ok, I tend to use 1st and 2nd set to 6, final gear depending on track as you mentioned. All other gears set to 0 to be able to smash through them superfast, maybe adjusting 2nd and 3rd depending on lenght of corners. Is there a difference using your mod as opposed to changing the ratios ingame?

The difference is that with my mod the bike is much more stable in 1st and 2nd gear, and much more realistic, so it's a win win. For me the basic flaw of the original game is the 1st gear, it's too short and even using the ingame setup (max speed around 150) it's still too short compared to the real life (max speed around 190).

Also with my mod you can still change the ratios at will ingame, so there're no disadvantages.

I've been testing some things and I've found a fix for the front wheel lock, still need to fix the rear wheel...

BTW I've seen your mod vids and in the second one, how do you have that track layout @ Barcelona? It's a track mod?

Nice, looking forward to testing it :)

Regarding Barcelona, I guess you are refering to the last chicane? I think they changed it in the first update since that was the layout used IRL last week. Funny thing, I was riding the first chicane as usual but kept getting invalidated laps, not realizing the change.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back