Screen stuttering when driving corners / cornering

Hi guys,

i got a specific problem that occurs when i am driving sharp corners in ACC. The "picture" starts to stutter and so does my G29 because it syncs with the game behaviour i guess. It feels like someone continuously switches from 1x gamespeed to 0.75x and back in a very fast way. But this only happens in some corners. Its really nasty because as i said, it changes the force feedback significantly.

I am running ACC in a triple-head setup with 3x 1080p displays with each 32 inches. The displays on the left and right are both connected from GPU to display by DisplayPort-to-HDMI. The one in the center is connected by HDMI-to-HDMI. Each display is running 60Hz and i play with AMD Eyefinity. My PC configuration is as following:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI B550 chipset Mainboard
32 GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS RX 5700 XT
m2 SSD + SSD + SATA (ACC installed on the m2 SSD)
850W PSU
etc.

I play with VSync and limit the max FPS ingame to 60 also, so as far i think i should get the best smoothness. If i turn of VSync and don't limit the FPS, i get around 85-100 FPS with all three displays combined.

Could this be done by also connecting the center screen to the third DisplayPort connector on the GPU? Or did someone have the same issues and maybe a solution for this? Of course i googled in first place, but i hardly found any posts or threads about that issue.

Or could it be, that if i turn into heavy corners, the GPU has to calculate plenty more data because of the 3x picture-change? As i said, i am always on 60+ FPS, so my last guess shouldn't be a problem after all theoretically.By the way, the problem was there already before i connected the 4th display on the bottom picture. So this can not be the reason.

Would be nice if someone got an idea. If you need more information, let me know :) Thanks and cheers

Daniel

20210105_031712.jpg

Last edited:
Did you try V sync in game on but turn off V sync at the monitors?
I had stuttering in AMS 2 (on single CRG9 monitor) and this solved the problem. Strange not logical solution but it helped me, I don’t know how.

I now disabled VSync by force through the Radeon Software for ACC, then i disabled VSync ingame, set resolution scale to 80% at 5760x1080 native resolution (which is ok for me, so the GPU doesnt have to work that hard and i honestly like the tiny amount of blurriness because of the scaling). I also set maximum FPS to 90 (even though i now get around 165 FPS in triple-head mode due to the downscale).

Now i dont have those stuttering anymore, as far as i can tell from now. The force feedback also feels smooth again in the corners, where i experienced the stuttering before. I will tell in a few days after more experience wether this helped period or not. But right now, this might helped and i guess the pre-game forcing No-VSync might have been the key. So Thank you Zolazem for now and for taking on my problem. Cheers :))

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back