screen freezes in rfactor 2

anyone else experiencing these? i havent had any issues since upgrading my computer to i7, 8 gb ram and gtx1060ti 6gb.

however, with recent build, online im getting this issues again.

I'll give you my first impression, first off been around a long time, I have good computer skills, anyways I think it's your video card, not enough power or it's over heating. Another question does a message pop up saying rfactor has quit working? Do you have to reboot to get into your system, or can you alt+tab or ctrl+alt+tab to the task manger and end task on rfactor and get back to your desktop screen?

Cheer's :)

I'll give you my first impression, first off been around a long time, I have good computer skills, anyways I think it's your video card, not enough power or it's over heating. Another question does a message pop up saying rfactor has quit working? Do you have to reboot to get into your system, or can you alt+tab or ctrl+alt+tab to the task manger and end task on rfactor and get back to your desktop screen?

Cheer's :)
thanks.no. i think i might be being unclear.
i am talking about a micro freeze...so im driving and it freezes...then the game resumes after maybe 1 second. this is very rare. i dont think it is video card as i run 1060ti.
also, frames are 130 then sudden freeze. i might try adjusting max frame rate to get stability but occurances of this are rare

Give your soul and body to Marcel and Jimmy Broadbent and it might go back to normal.

Joking. I've been having it since forever and nothing seems to get it fixed definitely. Amongst the things that gave positive results are running delay video swap in the player file, a clean install and making sure your computer is above 180fps under any circumstances. High energy management mode also helps (full power).

But even then you might be out of luck.

Give your soul and body to Marcel and Jimmy Broadbent and it might go back to normal.

Joking. I've been having it since forever and nothing seems to get it fixed definitely. Amongst the things that gave positive results are running delay video swap in the player file, a clean install and making sure your computer is above 180fps under any circumstances. High energy management mode also helps (full power).

But even then you might be out of luck.
its just nice to know that someone else has these issues too. it seems that since my driver update (nvidia) its a lot better. also, the longer i stay on the game, the more it kind of stabalises

Ya do this, but don't do it while on the track. While in the pits or even before you load a track, hit alt+tab and move the white box till it surrounds the game window (alt+tab, tab, tab ect). This will "FOCUS" the OS on the game. It's a known issue in win 10 and other OS's for many games, please give it a try. Should smooth things out for you.
Hope it helps.

Cheers :)

Ya do this, but don't do it while on the track. While in the pits or even before you load a track, hit alt+tab and move the white box till it surrounds the game window (alt+tab, tab, tab ect). This will "FOCUS" the OS on the game. It's a known issue in win 10 and other OS's for many games, please give it a try. Should smooth things out for you.
Hope it helps.

Cheers :)
Thanks so much . I will try this :)

How much RAM memory are you running? What background apps are showing in task manager, as it sounds like something else is kicking in e.g. certain AV products annoy the game such as Avast

I have a 1070 Gigagbyte G1 and have found no issues, running in DX9 or DX11 modes. I prefer DX9 at present due to TrackMap plugin. What brand 1060ti do you have. I am also not running new NVIDIA drivers that came out 48 hours ago...do you happen to be running them?

I have a 1070 Gigagbyte G1 and have found no issues, running in DX9 or DX11 modes. I prefer DX9 at present due to TrackMap plugin. What brand 1060ti do you have. I am also not running new NVIDIA drivers that came out 48 hours ago...do you happen to be running them?
Just so you know. Trackmap is known to cause issues for rF2 I recommend not using it at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back