Scary Footage: Cargo Plane Crash

Wow, that was a pretty nasty stall. You can tell the moment the lift breaks off the wings that plane has no where to go but down. Scary stuff. Wonder if there was a microburst pushing them down or they just weren't configured correctly.

Yea crazy accident. Looked like they just got no lift and pretty much no power at all.
I´m no pilot so i don´t know what really happened but it looks to me the whole planed just stalled mid-air and the only way was down.
(as Miguel stated)

i saw this on the news at lunch, it seems like theplasne is tilted up too much, doesnt it? or is it just me? i never seen a plane taking off so it migth be normal. Some time ago i saw a documentary regarding air safety and such and they talked about a small plane that crashed on USA due to excess of lçugagge, it changed the plane's gravity center to the back and the plane tillted too much and it stalled, i don't understand nothing about planes and such but maybe that's what happened to this plane

Apparantly it was a cargo plane whose load was not properly secured. On takeoff rotation the cargo broke the straps and shifted the center of gravity rearward which resulted in that abnormally high pitch. There wasn't enough power or altitude to perform a propper stall recovery. The moment the lift breaks off the wings that low its all over.

Edit: Rui nailed it for not having any background in aviation :)

your indeed correct Miguel, looking at the video you can see the plane is already in a high pitch takeoff, this suggest to me when the plane was taking of in v2, within the first 30feet the cargo started to shift slightly in the back, once the plane got to 500feet whatever cargo was loose, was indeed almost at the back, by 900 feet the speed in the plane was totally gone and the weight continium was one sided (to the back) which resulted in a stall you see here.

this was at Bragram air base in afghanistan, R.I.P to the 7 americans who lost their lives in this.

this was at Bragram air base in afghanistan, R.I.P to the 7 americans who lost their lives in this.
RIP to the hundreds, possibly thousands, of civilians who lost their lives in that region due to the US (and their allies) making mistakes using drones, air strikes and the likes.

I'm sorry but my sympathy is very limited these days. Many Americans (and other nations, obviously) want to go to war and they need to realize that they can't go to war without being attacked or accepting losses on their own side.

indeed Tom :)

i know it's not the same but when the 3 people lost their lives in the boston bombings, the world is in shock.... when 20 innoncent people have died in afghanistan from a apache helicopter.... not 1 channel or paper said it was a disgrace or a tragic loss of life.

they have their beliefs we have ours "freedom" ... that freedom is abused left right and centre and most of us in this world are to blind to see it.... the right to invade iraq/afghanistan was based on WMD... where is that exactly? just a exscuse on "legal terms" to go & fight there (mainly for oil?) alot of people believe we went there because of 9/11.

anyway, my rant is over, iv'e seen/read so much stuff in the past 9 years, from military vets & personal and info on this war that states some of the clear facts... which BTW, has not been made known to the public on a news channel here in the uk.

all im saying is, us as a western world believe in freedom, yet we abuse it so much alot of us are to blinded by it.

#Rant Over.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back