F1 2012 Saving problem

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
"How to fix this thing?" - How about you buy the damn game?
I am trying to start my new career but the old one is always resuming.

How to fix this thing ?

You don't mention your system, but on my PC I have just got the choice below after the 'Click Start Button' prompt.

Start a new game .......

f12012-profile.jpg

I have either, i drive a race or quals only i leave ... then come back after i shut down my PC and i got back with the previous championship i was driving ...

How saving happens ?

I exited went to MY F1 ... made SAVE GAME and actually i saw NO SAVING GAME in the top left corner ....

I reinstalled the game and yet my FIRST season ever i drove (one track only) is once again active ... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ?

where do i find saved files from the game ?

Just to be clear, you want to start a fresh game with a totally new career?

If so, you should see the screen above and can select 'Start new game'

Another way to start fresh on the PC is to delete the profile manually, but you have to disable the Steam Cloud first, or Steam will try and replace the files you delete with the backup files in the cloud.

1/ Run steam > Right Click on F1 2012 > Select 'Properties' > Select the 'Updates' tab > Deselect (Untick) the 'Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation for F1 2012'

Now the cloud is disabled.

2/ Browse to YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\208500\remote folder

xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number, everyone has a different number here.

208500 = F1 2012 profile save folder. 208500 is Steam's Application ID number for F1 2012

In the 'remote' folder is your actually game save folder, there are 15 files in there that look like this - savegame@profile0#aggric czvkekg wom miwc. Make a backup copy of all of the files if you wish, but delete all the files in the 'remote' folder

Start the game and you will have to create a new profile

Reactions: Dux
How saving happens ?

I exited went to MY F1 ... made SAVE GAME and actually i saw NO SAVING GAME in the top left corner ....

I reinstalled the game and yet my FIRST season ever i drove (one track only) is once again active ... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ?

where do i find saved files from the game ?

The save game bug is meant to be fixed in Patch 2, though some people still have problems.
See my post here about the patches :-

Patch Info Thread

You can verify your game files to ensure that you are fully patched to Patch 12

Run Steam > Right Click on F1 2012 > Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will automatically download and fix any broken, missing, or corrupted files, remove any mods, and leave you with a fully patched standard game.

steamverify.jpg

Reactions: Dux
Just to be clear, you want to start a fresh game with a totally new career?

If so, you should see the screen above and can select 'Start new game'

Another way to start fresh on the PC is to delete the profile manually, but you have to disable the Steam Cloud first, or Steam will try and replace the files you delete with the backup files in the cloud.

1/ Run steam > Right Click on F1 2012 > Select 'Properties' > Select the 'Updates' tab > Deselect (Untick) the 'Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation for F1 2012'

Now the cloud is disabled.

2/ Browse to YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\208500\remote folder

xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number, everyone has a different number here.

208500 = F1 2012 profile save folder. 208500 is Steam's Application ID number for F1 2012

In the 'remote' folder is your actually game save folder, there are 15 files in there that look like this - savegame@profile0#aggric czvkekg wom miwc. Make a backup copy of all of the files if you wish, but delete all the files in the 'remote' folder

Start the game and you will have to create a new profile

http://prntscr.com/1em3af

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back